test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stacking Winter/Summer Food and other Special items to 999

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
Bank, Inventory, and BOFF Item space has become limited with all the items out there to acquire. Seeing as how Deturium was finally allowed to be stacked, I would like to see--specifically--Winter and Summer Foods stackable to 999 as they are currently taking up a lot of space in my banks and BOFF item slots. I would even request the same for other special items like the Ablative Jevonite. This would improve the quality of life in the game as there would be more space available to store other necessary items. Just my thoughts and suggestion.

P.S. I still want my Vanity Pet Reclaimability or Inventory Tab. :)
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2019
    Both would also be a nice welcome addition!

On not only Deuterium, and various Batteries (Energy Amplifier, Targeting Lock, Hull Patch, Large Weakness Finder, Large Kit Overbooster, Kinetic Amplifier, Exotic Particle Flood, Shield Resistance Boost) for example. This could include several consumables also like Large Shield Charge, Large hypo, Large Power Cell, even Regenerators, or Components. People don't want to be running to buy these for Bridge Officer's or their Ship quite so often. All these should be stackable to 99 for sure might also make sense at 999 for managing fleet resources easier!

It would certainly allow more to use the spare R&D they obtain from R&D Pack Promotions; and convert it into extra viable items by various characters or their fleet more easily! It also might make a 'slightly' more limited supply of several of the more common R&D elements.

It also be nice if Winter/Summer food stacked to 999 and others were considered for this. :)

And yes it would be nice if we had a special bank/inventory for Vanity Pet's. I once suggested something similar several months before the Tardigrade Adoption program came about--yet it was entirely something different. I suggested a bank or adoption centre, where we could store all are Pets, here the term I 'choose' is those we've adopted for inclusion in our Power Tray.

It be funny to see a few random Pet's walking around the Crew deck, like when Spot escaped Data's Quarter's on a number of occasion. They want to limit how many might spawn based on Faction Interior size: 1 (small); 2 (Medium); 3 (large) and be another reason to visit the Crew Deck.

I've long hoped for more customizable furniture, paintings, rugs/carpets, statues, instruments, artifacts, or just generally more limited customization of several items using the trophy mechanic or to personalize our ships.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    One of the ten forward weekly threads I believe was said that they were looking into making a separate tab for pets.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1250645/ten-forward-weekly-21-08-2019

I would like to see the idea the OP has come to fruition as well. Right now the inventory is a bit of a bloated mess.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I would amend the idea of a pets tab to include all inventory items that do not have to be equipped to be used. I would also modify all of the items like party horns to be usable from inventory without equipping them.

I like that hypos and such are connected so that if you have 20 equipped and another 60 in inventory, you have 80 available. It would be nice if the maximum number of items equipped could also be increased along with the the stacks in inventory.

I think it's so random that Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints stack to 50 - I hope this item is included if they increase the stacks.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    One of the ten forward weekly threads I believe was said that they were looking into making a separate tab for pets.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1250645/ten-forward-weekly-21-08-2019

I would like to see the idea the OP has come to fruition as well. Right now the inventory is a bit of a bloated mess.

Long ago, Borticus mentioned that dealing with the Vanity Pets was on their "whiteboard", but because of all the other work they had, the Devs never really got around to it. Plus, there was the concern of the amount of space it would occupy on the database. I do hope that they come up with a solution in the near future.

Edit: Just read the post. I'm really hoping for this new Pet Tab. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it IS still on the whiteboard - the one who originally posted the cliffnotes for that on reddit misunderstood what the dev commenting about it said, and as was later clarified by the one who keeps bringing the TFW stuff from reddit to here...https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13536348/#Comment_13536348​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Ah ok , I just read that as well let me put the explanation as well from the source.
    One clarification I would like to make.

On a previous livestream summary I copied from Reddit, it was mentioned that the devs are working on a pet tab, and this has turned out to not be the case. A pet tab is on the whiteboard of ideas, alongside like 24 other things, but it is not currently being worked on.

Ah well I guess we have to wait a while more in hopes one day it will happen.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    It's weird to have some drink items stack to 20, some to 50.

In a database table a 1-byte int can store 0-255 so there's no reason why it can't allow stacks of 250. Like they did for commodities years ago.

One thing holding them back is there may be decade-old spaghetti code that does different limit checks for different item IDs instead of doing it by item type.

Instead of :

if (item.type == TYPE_GROUND_CONSUMABLE) limit = 250;

They might have:

if (item.id == ID_ROMULAN_ALE) limit = 20;
    else if (item.id == ID_DOSI_ROTGUT) limit = 50;
    ... 157 similar else statements each with its own limit ...

but no one would actually be stupid enough to set individual item ID stack limits instead of by category...not even cryptic​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    but no one would actually be stupid enough to set individual item ID stack limits instead of by category...not even cryptic​​

It might have made sense when they only had a few different food and drink items, then as they added new ones it was always easier to add one new "else" or "case" line than to re-work the code. Fast forward many years and it's an ugly mess.

Instead of code, it might be a table of stack limits by item ID (so one row per item), where again adding a new row was always easier than re-writing all the code that queries the table.

I can't think of any other reason why different drink items would have different stacking limits.

i can - cryptic has higher churn than charybdis and new programmers never actually checked their predecessor's numbers​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2019
    i can - cryptic has higher churn than charybdis and new programmers never actually checked their predecessor's numbers​​

That still argues for them currently having storage limits by item id instead of by item type.

New person creates new item, it is assigned a new item ID and they set the stack limit for that item that doesn't match other items.

If they just set an item type like "drink" or "ground consumable" when creating a new item, then all drinks or all ground consumables would share the same limit. If you stack up different wines and ales you'll see that's not true.

... though I suppose they might have created 5 different drink types for some reason.

Anyway, the database can store 250 just like with commodities.

• talorian#5634 talorian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is there any progress to this Stacking items? Winter/Summer event items are locked to 250. Were they going to increase these to 999?
    Thanks
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.