test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips and Tricks Guide for: Operation Riposte

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
Welcome Captains!

This is the Star Trek Online Tips and Tricks Guide for: Operation Riposte

The purpose of this thread series is to provide a central repository for seeking and offering advice, tactics, builds, etc., for Task Force Operations, Events, and missions in-game.

Have a question? Have advice? Know of an effective build? Best tactics to get the optionals?

Share your experiences here!

The idea is to help players be more successful and have a more positive experience when playing these missions.

Please adhere to the Community Rules & Policies, as well as, the Frequently Created Threads rules when posting in this thread.

Thank you for your participation in making the Star Trek Online Forum Community a helpful and positive experience for all players. Engage!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    (assuming we can post things here directly).
    1. I'd like to remind that you can end phases early if you do good enough and waiting out the timer is optional.
    2. I've noticed that is beneficial to assign one person to shut down the stations while others distract the House Mokai forces (note that this person doesn't have to be the same for all stations) granted this might be hard in PUGs so you can also use small craft for the distraction role, though cloaks won't work as well as you'll auto-decloak when you start beaming in troops, also once House Mokai forces around the station are dealt with everyone should assist with the broading of the stations if needed. Also if you might want to assign a rather high DPS player (or player with shield drain abilities) for the station shutdown duty.
    3. You can (and should) heal the klingon transports once they've been disabled, this way few accidental hits or nearby warcore breaches won't kill them. Also the transports are quite fragile so I'd suggest saving big science AoE until after the transport is tractored away from the blastzone.
    4. the final "boss" dreadnaught has massive HP pool so it's ideal to use as anchor for your science AoEs like gravity well since while dreadnaught itself won't be destroyed from it, since it'll stay there you're less likely to get misfires on your abilities and the warcore breaches of the lesser ships in the fleet will help to bring down the HP of the final boss.

These are the tips I can think of at the moment.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    During the missile hunt static defenses like the prior world turret and Aceton Assimilator are very useful.
    Pets and the Cardassian Modules also help out greatly due to their auto targeting.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    During the missile hunt static defenses like the prior world turret and Aceton Assimilator are very useful.
    Pets and the Cardassian Modules also help out greatly due to their auto targeting.

Fighters on "attack" work too though there's an issue of them going after the cap ships instead of the missiles but they can work. I've not tested shuttles or frigates though, just the fighters.
  • grancommesgrancommes Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Operation Riposte advanced - I was told today not to use gravity wells in the first part of the mission, because they 'reset the satellite'. I may have missed a further explanation, but I hadn't heard of that or seen anything weird during operation riposte and I use gravity wells on my science builds often.

Can anyone confirm a detrimental impact of using gravity wells in the first part of the mission?