test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enterprise-E bridge pack

curtisreed2007curtisreed2007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Is there anyway possible for us to get an Enterprise E bridge, scaled like the ones for the Galaxy, Defiant, and Voyager? I personally love the Sovereign class ship, just wish we had a specific bridge pack for this iconic. I know we have the Sovereign bridge variants, but those designs are so old and over sized. I know its a long shot, but would definitely love to see this happen.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Cryptic has said that interiors don't sell well enough to justify the cost, so all signs point to "no".

We often only get interiors now when they are created for a story episode.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind a Sovereign bridge where the lower deck officers wear the TNG movie uniform, the Bridge Officer placeholders and Doff mission givers wear the Odyssey uniform, the doors won't stay shut and get constantly triggered by everything that passes within a hundred miles, and Engineering is a ghost town.

Just like the unfinished Galaxy bridge they threw out last time...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Well I used to be extremely active in this game for a long time but only casually played until somewhat getting into the new direction of the game with the new leadership. However one of the games I had been playing very actively has a system in place that actually makes the makers of that game turn some profits from. Also to keep in mind lockboxes are a major source of how the game makes money just to emphasize that point before going further.

The way this other game treats what we have as bridges is your personal home instance. What happens is when something new comes out that new area works like reputations and a gathering node can be bought which appears in your home after you activate it. So even as an action game it is all about how the developers can make things for it that bring value to the players that is just how it works so if building content doesn't contribute to overall grand scheme of things in form of profits they are not going to allocate resources for it.

So they could be adding in things that can be event reward or lockbox ones etc for these bridges. Like for example they could come out with special anniversary lockboxes that reward you with a mini game to let you get omega particle things you normally get at around anniversary time of the year. So you can get these for like a once a day purpose for bridges. There are endless possible things of non-combat nature that be applied this way and more towards the elements of the franchise and of having purpose in a combat game. Also they could add in different scenarios for whatever class or specialization is being used by the instance owner. So for example you could get a scenario type game play or game mode where you are treating an epidemic in your sickbay, Repelling boarding parties, more in-depth exploration an from an astrometrics lab, etc just lots of applications to not only getting more bridges to buy or come with a ship also things that make them more useful and generate money to keep the game going.

So you can just imagine the possibilities and being you can invite people to your bridge you can invite people to partake in what you have for your bridge which also further advertises content people will want to get. So combat or non-combat they have been sitting on a dilithium mine they never even new about :)
    edited October 2019
    The way this other game treats what we have as bridges is your personal home instance. What happens is when something new comes out that new area works like reputations and a gathering node can be bought which appears in your home after you activate it. So even as an action game it is all about how the developers can make things for it that bring value to the players that is just how it works so if building content doesn't contribute to overall grand scheme of things in form of profits they are not going to allocate resources for it.

See the Frequently Created Topics (F.C.T.) sticky thread - the developers have said no to this.

This you know: the years travel fast, and time after time I done the tell. But this ain't sonebody's tell. It's the tell of us all, and you've gotta listen and to 'member, 'cause what you hears today you gotta tell the newborn tomorrow. I's lookin' behind us now into history back.

Originally the developers though the interiors would be used for game play, and they had us traveling around inside for duty officer missions and I think (this was 2012 in the before time) some minor quests.

That never panned out. There is now no reason to ever visit your interior except to start some doff missions and in one story episode.

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    That never panned out. There is now no reason to ever visit your interior except to start some doff missions and in one story episode.

With some mental gymnastics, one might also consider it "player-housing-lite".

Personally I don't mind new interiors that are well done. It's just like... you have them, you have perhaps visited them once, and then you're like "I know I have that cool interior selected on my ship, that'll be enough." A sad waste.

edited October 2019

With some mental gymnastics, one might also consider it "player-housing-lite".

Personally I don't mind new interiors that are well done. It's just like... you have them, you have perhaps visited them once, and then you're like "I know I have that cool interior selected on my ship, that'll be enough." A sad waste.

I visit more often while leveling up doffing on a new character. Then I'm done, and dust starts to build up on the control panels :(

There are a few of us who would pay cash monies for customizable player housing, it's just that we're a small minority and the devs have already stated we're not getting it.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I know it will probably never happen but I kinda wish they would do crowdfunding every now and then...if they raise enough funds then make it if they don't then don't.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User

See the Frequently Created Topics (F.C.T.) sticky thread - the developers have said no to this.

This you know: the years travel fast, and time after time I done the tell. But this ain't sonebody's tell. It's the tell of us all, and you've gotta listen and to 'member, 'cause what you hears today you gotta tell the newborn tomorrow. I's lookin' behind us now into history back.

Originally the developers though the interiors would be used for game play, and they had us traveling around inside for duty officer missions and I think (this was 2012 in the before time) some minor quests.

A big part of why they do not do ship interior scenarios on player ships is that they would have to make a manual copy of the scenario for each faction and worse yet even for some ships in the same faction. In theory they could possibly consolidate and standardize enough to have a design-once and automatically work everywhere toolchain for scenarios in player ships but that would be a massive and very expensive refactoring project that they almost certainly do not have the budget and another resources for.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

A big part of why they do not do ship interior scenarios on player ships is that they would have to make a manual copy of the scenario for each faction and worse yet even for some ships in the same faction. In theory they could possibly consolidate and standardize enough to have a design-once and automatically work everywhere toolchain for scenarios in player ships but that would be a massive and very expensive refactoring project that they almost certainly do not have the budget and another resources for.
    Also, most of the special interiors are just a one-room bridge it's literally impossible to do anything in.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    ^That's the most ludicrous "explanation" I've read yet, and completely irrelevant to the topic. Please return to the thread topic and stop derailing the thread, folks. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    I think it's frankly sad that they haven't actually put in the time to create proper Sovereign class assets. They just released the Tier 6 Sovereigns last year went through the entire revamp and update of the exterior, but they still didn't put the final version of the Sovereign class from Nemesis that is as John Eaves originally designed it with the proper neck flow into the stardrive section. Absolutely gorgeous.

We have the Constitution class bridge from the original series, the Galaxy class bridge from The Next Generation, and an acceptable variant of that from Generations, the Defiant class bridge from Deep Space Nine, we have the Intrepid class bridge from Voyager in two flavors, and the Crossfield class bridge of Discovery. Hell, they've even got the Kelvin timeline iBridge. I don't see a viable reason why they would ignore the Sovereign class bridge. The excuse that they only create these bridges for gameplay when they guest star as story segments doesn't really hold up as they could easily have a big guest star episode (we just went through the 30th TNG anniversary not too long ago that would've been a perfect time, what about the 20th anniversary of First Contact that passed? Do we have to wait for the 25th?).

The worst part is that the Sovereign class is the most recent of all the hero ships in the franchise. It would naturally be the one we would see the most of in the early 25th century. More than the Excelsior maybe slightly less than the Galaxy.

The bridge is gorgeous and honestly they're already halfway there, they just have to cut down the unnecessarily giant sized ones they already have in the game to something sane that would actually fit in a starship.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    captaind3 wrote: »
    They just released the Tier 6 Sovereigns last year

Umm… three years ago. Almost exactly three years by now.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That three years should feel like five with the constant barrage of Events. It's easy to mix time up. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    That three years should feel like five with the constant barrage of Events. It's easy to mix time up. :)

Yeah, I personally just remember it so well because I tried getting one of those promo-codes for the Vizier, which was not easy outside of USA.

I did get one. There happened to be a hobby shop around the corner from where I last worked before I retired. Asked them to order it for me, paid the $15 when they got in in a few weeks later.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    I did get one. There happened to be a hobby shop around the corner from where I last worked before I retired. Asked them to order it for me, paid the $15 when they got in in a few weeks later.

Good for you. I ordered one and got the old Ent-E instead, along with an excuse-letter about issues getting the new one in-stock. <.<

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

Also, most of the special interiors are just a one-room bridge it's literally impossible to do anything in.

In some cases, that fact is a little annoying too. I mean, for example, the Crossfield & Mirror Crossfield prize ships do, thankfully, come with a bridge; however, that's just it - it is just the bridge. We know (from episodes) that there is a full Crossfield interior map too. An interior map that is, inexplicably, NOT accessable to Crossfield class owners.

They also made a full 'Origin' interior when they made the Origin bridge - we see it in the turorial. But that is the only time we see it. Equip an Origin bridge on your ship, you still get the default ship interior.

Again, this is an annoying issue - because the assets already exist, but they're not accessable to us.

They consider it a bad ROI to make those interiors usable as player interiors as they require more work to get them in a state where they could be so used.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    They use the Walker Bridge. The TOS Bridge is a full set and I got that for free as the last minute giveaway on the 50th. There are problems in the lower decks (the ship not the upcoming cartoon :) ) wherein the NPCs are sitting on the floors below the chairs.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The worst part is that the Sovereign class is the most recent of all the hero ships in the franchise

Hate to be a pedant, but it isn't. That honor goes to the USS Discovery and the DSC Enterprise. And the latter doesn't have a bridge either.

The 2250s Enterprise isn't a hero ship. It's a recurring guest ship like the Columbia in ENT or the Excelsior in the TOS films.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    The worst part is that the Sovereign class is the most recent of all the hero ships in the franchise

Hate to be a pedant, but it isn't. That honor goes to the USS Discovery and the DSC Enterprise. And the latter doesn't have a bridge either.

The 2250s Enterprise isn't a hero ship. It's a recurring guest ship like the Columbia in ENT or the Excelsior in the TOS films.

NCC-1031(there's more then 1 ship with name USS Discovery) is still a hero ship though. Though if you want to be pendantic about it USS Discovery is not in the game (the Crossfield-class is and so is ISS Discovery but the prime Disco is not) but then only NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-F are ingame of the Enterprises and ENT-F is a Cryptic ship (well technically fan designed but said design was commisioned by Cryptic and/or CBS)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @spiritborn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > NCC-1031(there's more then 1 ship with name USS Discovery) is still a hero ship though. Though if you want to be pendantic about it USS Discovery is not in the game (the Crossfield-class is and so is ISS Discovery but the prime Disco is not) but then only NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-F are ingame of the Enterprises and ENT-F is a Cryptic ship (well technically fan designed but said design was commisioned by Cryptic and/or CBS)

NCC 1701 A Constitution Refit, NCC 1701 B is Excelsior Class, NCC 1701 C is Ambassador Class, NCC 1701 D is Galaxy Class, and NCC 1701 E is Sovereign Class. All are in the game. Now of the specific ships 1701 C is also in the game, in Temporal Ambassador.

Yeah I was referring to the specific ships (I did say I was being pendantic), though to my shame I forgot about NCC-1701-C
This discussion has been closed.