test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frozen

spielman1spielman1 Member Posts: 1,331 Arc User
Just to let the game population know the Mission Frozen is still broken, Just to let you all know the mission is still broken you cant advance past the Laser scene as the scene doesn't activate and so there for the mission can not be progressed at all. Before you can enter the base I already have reported just letting players know. Kinda sad we where promised a fixed and well no fix.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1251564/ten-forward-weekly-10-9-2019

> They're fixing "Frozen" mission right now.

FIXING not "have fixed and released a patch". Big difference.
    edited October 2019
    You're right, if the patch listed it then they thought it was fixed and this is a QA failure.

It happens though, especially with intermittent bugs. You make a change, it starts working for you, you think the change fixed it. Sometimes there are multiple causes and you only removed one of them, sometimes you fixed something that wasn't the cause at all, and (most embarrassing) sometimes your fix added a new bug that gets past testing / QA.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    They did fix the warp-out bug where you can follow the scout ship to Obisek's base. This is a totally different bug at his base where the gate won't move out of the way after you fire the fixed laser at it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    spielman1 wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    They did fix the warp-out bug where you can follow the scout ship to Obisek's base. This is a totally different bug at his base where the gate won't move out of the way after you fire the fixed laser at it.

Joking here no you cant have your T6 Nova, till I have my T6 ship I want havnt picked one but I will lol

I love that little Nova as much as Reyan does. I hope they do T6 it some day, as they've said all ships will get the T6 treatment sometime.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited October 2019
    You're right, if the patch listed it then they thought it was fixed and this is a QA failure.

It happens though, especially with intermittent bugs. You make a change, it starts working for you, you think the change fixed it. Sometimes there are multiple causes and you only removed one of them, sometimes you fixed something that wasn't the cause at all, and (most embarrassing) sometimes your fix added a new bug that gets past testing / QA.

Yeah don't get me wrong things like happen don't get me wrong on that been playing for so long I tend to expect it. But testing is also a good time to be thorough and extensive test everything thing even the most minor things possible as it is a good time to get as many bugs as possible even little ones.
    I think this was more of a we fixed this got past QA and such and a problem that was found was made and the team went ohhh TRIBBLE another one same issue different area. They are fixing it so I'm not worries more annoyed than anything else. I'm more of the if you say you fixed it then it better be fixed person. If you have to test then test everything all of it so as to prevent further issues and bugs good time to do so anyway.

In theory yes, but there's only so much time you can spend on QA, and for heavily interactive things like games you often can't automate the testing. Testing a 20 minute episode 3 times means an hour is used up.

If a bug is tied to a specific sequence of steps or specific timing (like the new patrols where killing fleets too soon breaks the scripting) it can be impossible to detect until someone supplies a recipe to reproduce it.

That's not intended as an excuse, it's just a fact that QA time for a game is a lot less than for something like a SpaceX crew capsule (which still blew up during testing).
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    Was just about to ask the same question... What a shame it's borked. :s
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    So, they fixed the cutscene bug that everyone was having, only to have a similar bug at the next cutscene? That sounds about right. I think that we should check old videos of playthroughs to figure out how many more cutscenes there are that might be broken beyond that one.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • enigmachad#4351 enigmachad Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    i was in the game trying Frozen between game updates and arc server updates and it's still not fixed.
    They know about it and are looking into it. A dev responded to the bug thread to tell us.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Support>PC Gameplay Bug Reports

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1251018/frozen-stuck-and-cant-progress/p1

It was started when we couldn't follow the scout ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    You're welcome
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    I was completely unaware of this bug until I went back to a rusty toon this morning. I guess my ticket is just another drop in the hat, but if that helps get it more attention, so be it.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    "Let it go."
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Frozen doesn't work because Disney filed a stay against Cryptic. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Frozen doesn't work because Disney filed a stay against Cryptic. :)

Don't give the evil D more ideas..... :s
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    "Let it go."

Hate to ask but who just curious

Why do you ask? "Do you want to build a snowman?"
    GrWzQke.png
    :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.