test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lethean BOffs losing quality upon commissionning

I just created a new Lethean toon and I sent her a bunch of purple BOffs, including two Letheans with Efficient and two Nausicaans pirates. Something odd happened when I commissioned the Letheans; they went down from purple to blue. I did commission (by mistake) a non Efficcent purple Lethean couple days ago on another toon and nothing like that happened. Nausicaans posed no problems.

Anyone else experienced such?

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    That's because commissioned boffs don't keep the quality parameter at all.

The game has no way of knowing what color the candidate was after commissioning. The displayed color is a guess based on the number of "superior" traits the boff has. This guess will be wrong if there are nonstandard trait compositions. In this case, Efficient isn't superior, so the game sees the boff has one superior trait and colors it blue.

The boff doesn't lose anything. The game just guesses the color wrong. It doesn't affect anything.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

The game has no way of knowing what color the candidate was after commissioning. The displayed color is a guess based on the number of "superior" traits the boff has. This guess will be wrong if there are nonstandard trait compositions. In this case, Efficient isn't superior, so the game sees the boff has one superior trait and colors it blue.

The boff doesn't lose anything. The game just guesses the color wrong. It doesn't affect anything.
    I've bought and commissioned well over 30 BOffs so far and it's the *ONLY* time the commissioned officer doesn't match the quality it had in the inventory.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I have had this issue pop up several times over the years (Letheans and Saurians), and as explained by Warpangel, the only thing that changed upon commissioning was the "rarity" of the BOff from Very Rare to Rare. The traits themselves didn't change, however.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    I have had this issue pop up several times over the years (Letheans and Saurians), and as explained by Warpangel, the only thing that changed upon commissioning was the "rarity" of the BOff from Very Rare to Rare. The traits themselves didn't change, however.
    But the BOff's rarity affect a lot of things afterwards.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2019

This is 'incorrect' as they likely only have 1 Superior Ground or Space Trait.

NOTE: Gorn Bridge Officer's of Purple Quality have been downgraded to Blue for 1-1.5 years as well. You'll also notice they only display a single Superior Bridge Officer Trait rather than 2 as they should for a Purple quality Bridge Officer.

I've seen no reports they are aware or even have Gorn Bridge Officer's on the BUG FIX priority list; though I'd love to know a fix is coming for both Lethean & Gorn Bridge officers!

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    NOTE: Gorn Bridge Officer's of Purple Quality have been downgraded to Blue for 1-1.5 years as well.
    Nope, been that way since the game started, I believe. I can't be certain as I didn't create a KDF character until early 2012, just before the 2-year anniversary. My purple-quality Gorn have always downgraded to blue-quality, with the exception of Z-Store officers.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    That translates to the fact the the rarity modifier impacting the perks, skills, ground combat and space abilities is lower than what we paid for (when we purchase on the exchange, purple BOff's are worth well over 20 times more than blue) or what we rolled (I get new blue BOff on a daily baisis with the candidacy DOff assignments, I get purple ones half as often, and I only get once on a while a purple one with a decent set of skills).
    edited October 2019
    strathkin wrote: »

This is 'incorrect' as they likely only have 1 Superior Ground or Space Trait.

NOTE: Gorn Bridge Officer's of Purple Quality have been downgraded to Blue for 1-1.5 years as well. You'll also notice they only display a single Superior Bridge Officer Trait rather than 2 as they should for a Purple quality Bridge Officer.

I've seen no reports they are aware or even have Gorn Bridge Officer's on the BUG FIX priority list; though I'd love to know a fix is coming for both Lethean & Gorn Bridge officers!

@ambassadorkael#6946

I've realized that it only affects "Letheans" with the "Efficient" trait, and that purple "Saurians" with the "Efficient" trait SOMETIMES get downgraded too.

I think I understand where the bug is. When the BOff is crafted, the games try to put a "Superior efficient" trait. However, it does not exist and the trait is downgraded to "Efficient" upon being generated and sent to your inventory. Then, like someone said earlier on, upon commissioning, the game double checks and realizes that the "Purple" officer is lacking some "trait points", so a blue BOff is generated instead of a purple one. However, a "blue" BOff means that their traits and abilities are at least 5 to 12,5% (maybe even higher depending on the actual trait or ability) lesser than a "Purple" one, just like the DMG output of a blue weapon is lesser than a purple one at equal mark and relevant suffixes.

Bottom line: it needs a fix on the devs' side.