test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I'm intrigued. If we get a new character named Dylan Hunt then we will have truly come full circle. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, Roddenberry's original "Andromeda" concept was a future Star Trek where the Federation had collapsed, so... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    The latest Short Trek is up
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Super fighting robot... Mega Morn

This is what I warned about the Bajorans joining the Federation...see I was right

Glad to see the Trill are back hope we see a new Dax

I wonder who are the Six remaining Federation members , also does this mean if you start a new Starfleet you're legally allowed to start back from A again for the Enterprise
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    neoakiraii wrote: »

This is what I warned about the Bajorans joining the Federation...see I was right

And no mention of the Cardassian in that group? I'm shocked you missed that!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

And no mention of the Cardassian in that group? I'm shocked you missed that!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Are we sure it's not a Kriosian?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I wonder who are the Six remaining Federation members , also does this mean if you start a new Starfleet you're legally allowed to start back from A again for the Enterprise

Perhaps they're trying that Andromeda-thing where they seek out former allies and they go back to "We are a Federation" after two conferences or something.

Also, you should make a 'Mega Morn'-sig.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have to admit, am more hyped for this than I am the Picard series.

So am I. Trying something new from scratch is just (potentially) infinitely more interesting than constantly riding the same old horses again and again.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

Perhaps they're trying that Andromeda-thing where they seek out former allies and they go back to "We are a Federation" after two conferences or something.

Also, you should make a 'Mega Morn'-sig.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have to admit, am more hyped for this than I am the Picard series.

So am I. Trying something new from scratch is just (potentially) infinitely more interesting than constantly riding the same old horses again and again.

I am less enthused by the hype since Trek has a long, bad track record in the "do something new" department. Like the others it will probably be watchable but most of the "innovation" will end up down the toilet before long and it will be a barely altered business as usual Trek (with maybe a few cues from Andromeda).

TNG was billed as "radically different" from TOS, a Macross-like small flying city exploring space from both a civilian and military standpoint, but we got more of the regular heavy cruiser stuff from TOS except with less action and a more laid-back procedural style. DS9 almost lived up to its "gritty frontier" hype but was still drifting towards the same thing until the Dominion war revitalized it and gave it a new direction.

Voyager was probably hit the worst by the hype-then-homogenize hammer, it was hyped as a gritty survival series with a short-deployment torpedo-dependent ship decades out from support, forced by circumstance to work with familiar enemies facing the dangers of the unknown while trying to get home. The Fleet/Maquis thing whimpered along for a few episodes and was largely ignored after that, along with most of the "gritty survival stuff" as the show turned into a kind of knights errant version of TNG for the most part.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User

With some luck we'll see Terry Farrell again too. She made the LLAP-sign quite recently so there is some evidence that she's still involved in Trek :p

[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Showrunner Michelle Paradise confirmed that the Federation will be going through a bit of a rough patch during the time period where the USS Discovery arrives, saying the Federation is challenged, but not gone, in the future. But she added that the show will have Trek’s optimism, and the characters [on Discovery] become the beacon of hope in the future.

I just hope that they won't do things like blowing up Vulcan or make Andoria leave the Federation (like in one of the novels). The Federation being challenged is fine, I'd just hate it if they tore it apart in the new season though.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    My previous comment can be phrased shorter:

No Vulxit or Anxit please!

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    kinda remined me of Seaquest where it went into the future
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    My previous comment can be phrased shorter:

No Vulxit or Anxit please!

Expecting that Vulxit will have taken place. Star Trek's various show runners seem to have been dying to do it for years.