test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Looks like there will be a new Picard trailer
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    Discovery season 3 teaser

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46ec8WnBHes
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Disco Panel - Picard Panel NYCC 19

Post edited by garaks31 on
    Your pain runs deep.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    khan5000 wrote: »

hmmm ,next season megaman can sue disco ^^

2389467-mm10_megaman.png

And be sued in turn by the estate of Robert Heinlein, over the use of vortex cannons (as described in Sixth Column/The Day After Tomorrow)?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @jonsills said:
    > (Quote)
    > And be sued in turn by the estate of Robert Heinlein, over the use of vortex cannons (as described in Sixth Column/The Day After Tomorrow)?

Which was itself a rewrite of John W. Campbell Jr.'s "All".
    At Campbell's insistence - Heinlein really disliked both the racist angle about the Chinese and the "three spectra" nonsense, so he said he had to work extra-hard on those parts, as Campbell insisted on them being in there.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »

Actually, the semi-official reason Saavik left the crew in TVH is because Spock got her pregnant when he went through pon farr on the Genesis planet (they ended up getting married in the Lost Era novels). Kirk was supposed to ask her, "Does he know?" but the line was cut.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    so...the mysterious woman everyone thought was locutus' daughter is actually spock's daughter? is what i'm getting from the takeaway above​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    so...why did people suddenly start talking about spock having a kid?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > No idea, I mean it was a theory before her red blood was seen, but after that no.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Hell, TNG tried to have Worf give a blood transfusion to a Romulan. They don't even have the same oxygen-transport chemical.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @azrael605 said:
    > No idea, I mean it was a theory before her red blood was seen, but after that no.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Hell, TNG tried to have Worf give a blood transfusion to a Romulan. They don't even have the same oxygen-transport chemical.

That was done for drama, and drama alone.

Also... those theories about mystery-girl are getting out of hand. What actual info do we have to craft the foundation for any theory at all?

From Trailers, all I know is this:

1. There is girl.
    2. Girl asks Picard for help but can also comfortably fight armed forces with space-Kung-Fu.
    3. Picard thinks he knows who girl is.
    4. Girl is in danger because some crazytalk about her being the end of all.
    5. Girl was among other folks on a seemingly defunct Borg Cube at some point.

So whose daughter is she. Going by that information, I can safely say she's the daughter of Emperor Palpatine and the Borg Queen. One serious thought: Did Vash and Q... procreate? Not reading into things, but Vash was like that tomb-robbing treasure hunter, and... a defunct cube is kinda full of tech one could sell. Having some Q-powers might support that "end of all"-statement.

Also, it's always the most important and first thing to do: guessing whose daughter a girl in a trailer is based on as little Information as possible. /sarcasm
    Post edited by redeyedraven on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Enh, there are no Q hybrids as afar as we know. If Q decided to impregnate Vash there's no reason he couldn't just simulate normal Human DNA.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    The other thing we are not talking about: Picard having a Discovery era shuttle craft
    Your pain runs deep.
    khan5000 wrote: »
    The other thing we are not talking about: Picard having a Discovery era shuttle craft
    Perhaps because you're the only person who saw it? I can't identify a DSC shuttle anywhere in that trailer.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    > @jonsills said:
    > (Quote)
    > Perhaps because you're the only person who saw it? I can't identify a DSC shuttle anywhere in that trailer.

After the Admiral tells Picard “This isn’t your house” we see him leaving and a Discovery era shuttle hovers by a nearby window.
    Your pain runs deep.
    i'm sure you can still find an original Model-T somewhere...i doubt it's actually being DRIVEN, though​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Enh, there are no Q hybrids as afar as we know.

I'm Aware. That's why my post ended with /sarcasm, you probably didn't miss it.