test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which is better for Singularity Core?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
+66% Power Transfer Rate

vs

-10% Weapon Power Cost & +10 Resistance Rating to Subsystem Power Drain?

Looking to buy a Colony World SingA Core w/AMP

Figured +20% Charge Rate is the best of the 3 types you can get. Faster it charges, sooner I get the extra power levels.

Since the selection still looks to be bugged, I am left with SSS. Too bad these cant be re-engineered. Really wanted SSR.

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    If you go with a core from the Fleet Spire instead you can have both +66% Power Transfer Rate and -10% Weapon Power Cost, and both is really handy on energy weapon builds.

If for some reason you really want the Colony World (or can't get the Spire yet): EPS usually benefits Beams: Fire at Will, Cannons: Scatter Volley, and Cannons: Rapid Fire more, particularly if you have an 'overcap' where you effectively have more weapon power than the 'max'. However, Beams: Overload will benefit more from the Weapon Power Cost reduction, due to the way it drains more energy per shot and cycles differently (only one shot per cycle, versus multiple for other energy weapon firing modes).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think I have one of those already... but my power levels are low... not getting the benefits of AMP. Colony boosts 3 subsystems.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    [AMP] isn't particularly that great anymore, at only a 13.2% of Category 1 damage with all 4 subsystems above 75. [AMP] was originally bugged to where it gave a lot more for 3 or 4 subsystems above 75 because it basically did the multiplication for how much damage per subsystem over 75 twice, and has ended up way over-valued because of that long-fixed bug. Still a potentially handy core for a power-starved Science Warbird.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I pretty much do what Napalm said.. Aux2Bat and I cycle Emergency Power to Weapons and Emergency Power to Shields. My Romulans also still use Sub System Power variant of Warp Core Engineer DoFF.

If you don't want to do that, Supremacy is a really great trait for Roumlans. It used to be that I would recommend against this trait because it was very expensive, but over the last year it's dropped massively in price. Before A2B returned to the forefront, this trait was a 'must have' in most builds and the price reflected it. It can be had for a really fair price now days and it's fantastic for Romulans who have issues with Power Levels.
    Insert witty signature line here.