test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 10/2/2019

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
From our good friends at Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/dciz9r/ten_forward_weekly_02102019_console_flight_tips/
Theme: Console Flight Tips

Guest: test analyst Christian Griffith
Christian visited some Awakening patrols while flying temporal warship on console and Mike meanwhile talked about random stuff and answered random questions.
  • No words on kelpiens yet.
  • Cryptic will look into adding more zoom distances on console.
  • When talking about auto activation of abilities on PC he said "and so that's a really nice thing with console that doesn't really exist much on PC, at least yet".
  • Ships now gain XP after map change, not mid-battle, to save server resources.
  • Cryptic thought that they fixed admiralty bag already. Several time. They're frustrated and looking into it yet again.
  • Mike will talk to people about creating hangar-pet-like HP bar for detachables, like Galaxy saucer.
  • Cryptic wants to put some Captain Proton stuff ingame, but that would take too much work because of entirely new stuff, so that's hard.
  • Enterprise picture from twitter in "not for something that's coming this year".
  • More DIS actors should be expected.
  • Certification process for patches on a console could be a pain.
  • Because of that parity of updates for Pc and consoles is highly unlikely: they prefer more massive PC playerbase to stumble on any bugs that went live before uploading in to much-harder-to-update console server as they can't perform emergency patches there.
  • 100% discount coupon should be untimed.
  • Cryptic would run some kind of "free T6 ship" on console like they did on PC, just in some different way they're still figuring out.

More detailed notes from the comment section
Kael said that he thinks anything in the Star Trek universe is open to do future stories on now that they're back in 2410. "'Anything is possible, even fake space god from Star Trek V?' Absolutely, wait until you see what we have coming up for the anniversary. Anything is possible."

Temporal Warships bundle is coming out on consoles this week/tomorrow.

Someone asked if they have discussed making a token to make character bound items into account bound, like promo and lockbox ships. Kael said it is a possibility and has been discussed a bunch and last he's heard they're still gathering data on it.

They've thought a lot about putting in Captain Proton things like his ship and weapons into the game for April Fools and stuff like that. He thinks the team doesn't want to do holo deck things like Captain Proton or Dixon Hill unless they can do it right and let you play those adventures, which would require basically a new Agents of Yesterday level expansion in terms of creating new enviromental art and things of that nature and that is the main thing that's keeping them from doing it. It is something they want to do, and for a long time they had said they wouldn't add the Tommy gun until they did a holo deck expansion and it's in there now, so it's possible other holo deck content may be added.

If they have a good story idea for it they will build a bridge for the U.S.S. Kelvin. Kael would love to do something with Faran Tahir (the Kelvin's Captain Robau) and they had tried to do something with him before but whatever it was drifted apart.

No new Caitian hair styles coming down the pipeline right now; ear and pony tail animations currently on test server.

A whiteboard had a breakdown of the 10th anniversary plans and Kael would look upon it in wonder and question if they're really going to be doing all of this. "Very ambitious" and should be amazing.

There are rules for which universal consoles can get auto-executes on the console versions, but they said you could ask about specific ones like D.O.M.I.N.O. and they may be able to adjust it.

Worf style hair is a possibility in the future, but it's a matter of time. The new character artist should help with things like hair and costumes, none of her work has made it into the game yet, everything you see on Tribble is all Ian's.

Kael will ask if they can turn on the TNG anniversary mini-event for Worf's sash.

With the new event UI coming to console, they possibly could do like a "rerun" event where you could get old event ships.

They would love to work with Shatner or Stewart but it comes down to budget and having a good story for them.

They don't know if they'll be changing their Data storylines to match ST: Picard's yet. Things from Picard will definitely be coming to the game, what that content will include and when it will come Kael can't say now, as the show gets closer to release they will have more information on that.

Sounds like the giant Vengeance bug was fixed before the console Awakening update hits. RIP.

The T6 coupon meta event was a test run and was seen as a rousing success so they plan to do more. Console is going to be getting a version of the event but they haven't announced details yet, there were lots of debates on how to do it and do it right.

More IDW ship designs are possible. A Neverwinter/STO crossover would require both licensors to agree.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I'd love to get hold of old event ships. Would this include the Dyson/Obelisk/Samsar?

My F2P doesn't have these. Neither does my LTS. I missed the Dyson and only a couple of toons got the carrier.

If not, I also don't have some of the Breen ships (most of them, actually)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    I'd love to get hold of old event ships. Would this include the Dyson/Obelisk/Samsar?

Obelisk is no account-unlocked ship. Like the limited-time T5-Ambassador for playing 'Temporal Ambassador', the Obelisk was a limited-time Mission reward for playing 'Sphere of Influence'; so it may or may not be included somehow. Did you check shipyard-vendors though? Because I swear I saw the non-advanced Obelisk available for fleet-credit and dil.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yes, the Obelisk is in a T1 shipyard. If I really wanted one I could probably scrape up the needed resources.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Yes, the Obelisk is in a T1 shipyard. If I really wanted one I could probably scrape up the needed resources.

Yeah. Currently it's hardly worth it. Perhaps the advanced version will see an upgrade to T6 at some point.

Returning event-ships for those who missed them would generally still be great (if only for one time), but considering how the phoenix-box is the main tool to grant missed stuff I am unsure if they'd be so generous.
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    First, thanks somtaawkhar for breaking all this down with all the talking points. I would have noticed half of them and missed everything else if I tried to sit through the video. lol

Second , my only hope with the Captain Proton stuff is they would consider making that Satan Robot as a boff!
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    One thing I have noticed on the Consoles vs PC is when it come to the dialogue window the character’s mouths move however on the PC the character’s mouth is static. Can this be addressed?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    One thing I have noticed on the Consoles vs PC is when it come to the dialogue window the character’s mouths move however on the PC the character’s mouth is static. Can this be addressed?

It has been addressed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    who the hell brought up a neverwinter/STO crossover in that stream?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

It has been addressed.
    Does this mean the main dialogue window as on my version of the PC client most of the time chracters do have lip sync based on their speech though sometimes (rarely for me, but still) the client lags out and fails to sync the animation so you'll get a little bit at the start and then a whole lot of nothing.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User

That was me goofing off, I was quite surprised they addressed it. ;)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »
    That was me goofing off, I was quite surprised they addressed it. ;)

This looks fine and normal :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Playing on Tribble, So there was an update for the hair physics, for the most part it works. One thing I noticed on the Female Ponytail 01 is that the Ponytail does not swing as much as one would expect. If my character is running full tilt there is no side to side sway but there is front to back sway.
This discussion has been closed.