test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Today's Personal Endeavors

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
How often do you get an Endeavor where all three are the same thing?

Today was just two, but it made me curious what others have seen.
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I can't recall getting even two of the same.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I sometimes get 'Defeat <name> ships' under two of my endeavors. Done that several times.

That's about all I can remember.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Same here with ships in two.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    As far as I know it does separate random rolls so it's just chance.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't think you can technically get two of them that are 'the same.'

I once had 'Defeat Tzenkethi Ships,' and 'Defeat Tzenkethi Ships (Battlezone.)' which is kind of the same, but not really. If you just ran a Tzenkethi mission it would only complete the first one, but killing them in the BZ gave progress toward both.

I have never seen the exact same endeavor on my daily list twice, much less 3 times. Some Endeavors are very similar, but I don't think the system duplicates Endeavors.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You're right about them being the same, but not. It's always been 'Defeat Terran ships' and 'Defeat Terrans ships (battlezone)'

Other than that, I sometimes get Deal Plasma Damage (Space) and Deal Tetryon Damage (Space), but never the same damage type, unless one is space and the other is ground.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Closest I've got is same damage type, which usually seems to Phaser damage most often.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Great question!

For the first time ever, this week I got two of the same on the same day:
    (green) "Kill 10 Tholians ground" and
    (blue) "Kill 20 Tholians ground".

So I killed 20, and it fulfilled both personal Endeavors. Took maybe 4 minutes.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I frequently get "kill tholians ground" and "kill tholians on Nukara" or "TZ ships" and "TZ ships in battlezone" type missions together.

I don't recall ever actually getting the same one at different difficulties.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2019

nccmark wrote: »
    Great question!

For the first time ever, this week I got two of the same on the same day:
    (green) "Kill 10 Tholians ground" and
    (blue) "Kill 20 Tholians ground".

So I killed 20, and it fulfilled both personal Endeavors. Took maybe 4 minutes.

You probably had 'Kill Tholians on Ground' and 'Kill Tholians on Ground (Nukara.)'

They're not technically the same.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It would be useful if people claiming to have duplicates could post screenshots since there are two different versions of some of the "kill X" endos.
    edited October 2019
    The 'duplicates' I have gotten are one without parenthetical and one with. Never the same exact wording, but in effect the same. Only someone who wants to do extra work would do kills not in a Battlezone to get one and then go to the Battlezone one seperately. I can't fathom it.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    if you reroll you can... Closest I've gotten is Defeat X and Defeat X in BZ.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    How I wish I can buy reroll tokens from the Cstore...I'd buy them like candies tiger-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    I hardly ever use reroll tokens, so I have a pile of them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I have a running stash of about 32-35. I use a few a week. I reroll any Iconian TFOs, Lukari TFOs, any Endeavors that require more than one TFO run, Hull and Shield healing, Hitpoint or Shield Healing, or Hur'q Attendants.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited October 2019
    Most of my tokens go for the same (Iconian or Lukari TFOs), I will do the hull/shield/HP/shield healing. I use a engi for ground shield, sci or engi for HP and for hull/shield I just hit the Dyson sphere and go after Voth.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited October 2019
    I do all Endeavors (and 95% of other stuff) on my Discovery Character. The Discovery Enterprise has a Loadout for each Weapon Type and Kinetic. Phaser is the main Loadout but when I need to do other Damage Types the Loadout changes to the correct type. While not as destructive as Phaser they are all very well off for causing damage. I will refine them with a Console or weapon as I go along to make them nearly as good.

Each Loadout also swaps out the Pets to the correct Damage Type as well. For Ground, I swap out my main Weapon and the Weapons for the Away Team Boffs to the correct Damage type as well, from Inventory or other Bridge Crew.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I've not seen the SAME, but I have had it where I could do all three at once.. Destroy 5 undine/20000 phaser damage (space) 150000 kinetic damage (space)
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.