test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trouble Joining Test Servers

blake#3411 blake Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Whenever I go to the page to sign up for the STO test servers, when I hit the "Sign In" button, the page just refreshes. There is no drop down to copy a character or anything else. I have contacted game support, but they were no help. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, ho do I fix it?

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    First, this is the PC Gameplay Bug Reports for the main server which is also called Holodeck. This should have been posted in the Tribble Bug Reports section of the forums, which is under Test Servers and has its own subforum called Tribble and there is a section that involves bug reports on Tribble. @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk Please move to appropriate section. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    blake#3411 blake Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Well thanks for nothing. I CANT GET ANY HELP AROUND HERE
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    blake#3411 wrote: »
    Whenever I go to the page to sign up for the STO test servers, when I hit the "Sign In" button, the page just refreshes. There is no drop down to copy a character or anything else. I have contacted game support, but they were no help. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, ho do I fix it?

I believe you either have to have be LTS, or have spent X RL dollars on Zen to be granted access to the Test Server these days. (Sometimes they do open it to all for a short period, but that's been rare of late.)

If you are an LTS, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I heard that they may limit it sometime after getting rid of the Gold level/paid subscription, but I didn't know how they were going to do it.
  • Options
    wizzerdkitty#6037 wizzerdkitty Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The only sad way to join tribble is to create a alt and sign up for tribble before even booting up sto and signing in via that account. I Had to do that to access tribble on a alt. The downside the this is that you have to use a alt and you cannot copy your charterer. It was the only way to access tribble for me. I hope they fix it.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I copied two characters over a few months ago from my paid acct, as well as created two new ones. Not sure what the problem is now.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Well thanks for nothing. I CANT GET ANY HELP AROUND HERE

There's no need to yell. You posted in the wrong forum so it got moved.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options

Were you on the character copy page? I just went there and there's a drop-down. for me with all my character's names from the relevant acct.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    wizzerdkitty#6037 wizzerdkitty Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well. I have the same issue and it just loops the page with the "Sign-Up" Button. It just doesn't let the account sign up.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I don't remember having to sign up before accessing it, there was just the Tribble button on my launcher. I clicked and it updated, then I created a new character. Later I copied one of my characters over. There is a page I linked above which will copy a character over.

Do you have a Tribble button on your launcher? If I'm signed into Arc on my F2P I don't. I have to be signed in as my LTS to get the button. On my LTS acct I get the Holodeck button, the Tribble button and the Redshirt button. On my FTP there are no buttons. They will be above the progress bar on your launcher.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    sfdrew83sfdrew83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    > @echatty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Were you on the character copy page? I just went there and there's a drop-down. for me with all my character's names from the relevant acct.
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

That's nice dear, if you could read you'd realize those of us with this problem don't get that page. We get a sign-up page that does not work and just refreshes itself.
  • Options
    sfdrew83 wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Were you on the character copy page? I just went there and there's a drop-down. for me with all my character's names from the relevant acct.
    >

That's nice dear, if you could read you'd realize those of us with this problem don't get that page. We get a sign-up page that does not work and just refreshes itself.

First of all, there is no need to insult them. They read and that has not been their experience. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    jhanell#0859 jhanell Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    sfdrew83 wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >

This is echatty on my alt F2P account.

I don't know what problem you're having, but I just signed up my alt account no problems. And I can read just fine, thank you.

Are you on the PC or Console? I'm on a PC. I decided to try to sign my alt up after reading about all this to test it out. It signed her up just fine.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Can't get in, either.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    jhanell#0859 jhanell Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I got in this morning on my other account and managed to get the daily event done. Have to do it with four patrols though, so stationed my four captains at The Ninth Rule and cycle between them for it.

Also have to exit the game to change captains. If I try to change any other way I get kicked off and can't sign in from the window you get when that happens.
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I've been getting time outs when trying to complete login. "Connection to the login server timed out. Please try again later." Have been getting that for the past few days.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Hope we can get the event lengthened a bit, since this lil issue can't let us do it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hope we can get the event lengthened a bit, since this lil issue can't let us do it.

Are you doing the event on Tribble? I thought it was only on Holodeck. I am confused. :o
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

Are you doing the event on Tribble? I thought it was only on Holodeck. I am confused. :o

I don't know about anyone else, but yes, I am.

Though I have to do four patrols as I can't turn in the mission. Still, I can do it with the patrols.

I also did the Summer Event on Tribble for that ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »

I don't know about anyone else, but yes, I am.

Though I have to do four patrols as I can't turn in the mission. Still, I can do it with the patrols.

I also did the Summer Event on Tribble for that ship.

Thanks. Now I understand.