test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feeling rather peeved... what does RANDOM mean to you?

13»

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    equinox976 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @spielman1 said:
    > That is the thing I don't mind helping a landing hand to players in TFOs and such but if they start to lose I leave, they don't get the secondary's then I leave, The do rush in leave I leave, same mission 4th time ina row I leave. So yeah don't me wrong I don't mind helping and such and do the whole random but don't bore me with a hundred missins that is the ame map same team I left in the first place. The extra reward isn't worth the headache nor my time.

In other words, you are a leaver for no reason whatsoever and should be banned from TFOs.

And well your wrong also, I am the one usually having to do all the carry in space and ground why most players build all colors and die every 30 seconds or be on ground rush in die and repeat. Forcing me to do all the carry and I already said im not gonna carry

I find it hard to believe that you joined the game knowing exactly how to complete every single TFO in existence, and did not ever need to be 'carried' or learnt from trial and error. The only reason most of us know what to do is because someone else was patient enough to stick around and show us the ropes.

Your idea of 'carrying' people seems to be quite narcissistic.

When I started playing they didn't even have TFOs and PvEs mode and you had play to play the game so don't assume there was a time that always had it. And no I don't assume if they are new or a vet but if you refuse to listen to those that say hey guys this is how you do it and do the complete opposite why try. Also you just confirmed what I said why help a team if they refuse to listen and learn and want to do trial and error so I leave and let you do it. Just cause you want a reduced reward does not mean I should have suffer it. Also find it funny you all can judge me but refuse to see think and go well he does have a certain point from a view, or assume I do not help I do help if you listen and actually do it, if not then what is the point.

I have played since launch, and regardless of what the content was 'labelled' there have always been people who took longer to learn than others, your (seeming) assumption is that these people are refusing to do what they are told - I recall when I first started, it was not always clear what chat window to look in, there was all sorts of spam scrolling past, people screaming 'instructions' and it was not always clear what to do, but patience and a few deaths usually got people into the swing of things.

I think the main problem people have with your posts is that you come across as arrogant (holier than thou). Well text is notoriously hard to judge a person by, so perhaps we are getting the wrong impression of you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    When I started playing they didn't even have TFOs and PvEs mode and you had play to play the game so don't assume there was a time that always had it. And no I don't assume if they are new or a vet but if you refuse to listen to those that say hey guys this is how you do it and do the complete opposite why try. Also you just confirmed what I said why help a team if they refuse to listen and learn and want to do trial and error so I leave and let you do it. Just cause you want a reduced reward does not mean I should have suffer it. Also find it funny you all can judge me but refuse to see think and go well he does have a certain point from a view, or assume I do not help I do help if you listen and actually do it, if not then what is the point.
    Ok, and how does that justify you leaving?

See... missing an optional still gives a higher reward than leaving as soon as an optional fails.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Ok, and how does that justify you leaving?

See... missing an optional still gives a higher reward than leaving as soon as an optional fails.
    You are assuming I leave every single one wich I don't probably do more than you think so stop the assuming please.
    REally? I prefer to think of it as making reasonable conclusions based on the statements you've made about your own behavior.

So, please, since you obviously disagree with my conclusion, explain to me how that conclusion is wrong.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Okay, let's take it down a notch in here.

How the Random TFO was intended to work, and how it mostly has worked aside from the oversight with the current event, was clearly explained on Cryptic's blog here on the website beforehand. Insulting each other over it is only going to raise each other's blood pressure.

I'm leaving this open for now, but consider that the last warning.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Anything on the internet can be a hornet's nest in disguise, especially when it goes off topic into someone trying to defend ragequitting when a TFO optional is failed.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You really didn't kick a nest over yourself other made it that way

If by 'other' you mean 'you' then yeah.. I agree.

I can't argue the rest of your post since I can't tell what it's about.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    > @tyler002 said:
    > Anything on the internet can be a hornet's nest in disguise, especially when it goes off topic into someone trying to defend ragequitting when a TFO optional is failed.

Or for any other reason.
    Including reasons you haven't imagined could exist yet...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Im practice I only end up leaving TFOs when they get bugged unwinnable, like when the Mushroom Kingdom boss elachi get their invulnerability shields stuck permanently on.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > (Quote)
    > Including reasons you haven't imagined could exist yet...

Oh I have 2 acceptable reasons. 1. You get genuinely DC'ed. 2. Your child requires you NOW. Thats about it.

This. Only it's grandkids around here ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Both of my kids are pushing 40. Four of the five grands are in school, the youngest is going on four and I doubt there will be any more.

Still, I agree that d/c and family trump TFOs.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    fire...flood...tornado...avalanche...burglar...nuclear armageddon​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    A little while back, I had an Amazon Delivery right as I was in the middle of a Queue.

I heard the guy knock and figured.. "lets see if I can pull this off."

I parked my ship, did my attack bind with my attack pattern and FAW, then I hit Reverse Shield Polarity and put up the Shield Bubble from the Rep. Ran to the door, signed for my package.. came back and was happy to find I was still alive. Continued the queue and no one even knew I was AFK for almost a minute. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    echatty wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > (Quote)
    > Including reasons you haven't imagined could exist yet...

Oh I have 2 acceptable reasons. 1. You get genuinely DC'ed. 2. Your child requires you NOW. Thats about it.
    This. Only it's grandkids around here ;)
    I meant reasons for people raging about what you said. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    But... why would it matter what people are doing if it's RANDOM?

my guess, and it's just a guess, the program estimates how long for any given queue to pop, and if it is within X minutes you go in if not it moves you to the busier ones.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.