test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new animations feedback

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Wish we had a video reference from years ago. Are these 'new' animations, or ones from 2010 brought back cause the decent ones we had were causing crashes? :p​​
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    hey, you think that's bad? try having your spine twisted like a pretzel while skating in CO

gaTdaEK.gif​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tasshena said:
    > Wish we had a video reference from years ago. Are these 'new' animations, or ones from 2010 brought back cause the decent ones we had were causing crashes? :p

What decent ones? My characters haven't had working hip and leg animations for over a year. It is fantastically annoying to constantly have my character's hips turned 90 degrees from their facing direction.

Heck my female Reman has this issue AND not having legs at the same time!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • sfbarbear#7937 sfbarbear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    well, I must say that the old ones was better. the animations for the feminine stance are really weird, not natural at all. So weird, that I changed the stance of my main.

I love how the animators idea of "sexy" pose is a disjointed broken spine shifting turned foot looking thing. It's not sexy, it is laughable. They body parts don't align at all and the weird random shifting of weight makes me holler every time I see it happen.
    The other night I was watching the movies The Elephant man and the way that poor man suffered and he had to move and shift his weight was painful to watch. Then I logged into STO and saw that the female "Sexy" pose hip shifting thing and it made me laugh out loud because it looked like how John Merrick was forced to move because of his disease.
    Forever etched into my mind now as the "Sexy Elephant pose"
    Just ridiculous.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    If you think the female run is funny try it with the Burnham set and an almost full endeavor run boost, its down right Looney Tunes.
  • magusj01magusj01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    PLEASE change the Feminine stance animations back to what they were before. The new ones are awful beyond words...my characters are leaning forward at an unnatural angle when they walk, doing some sort of weird exaggerated arm exercises when they jog, and are doing a Looney Tunes move on a frictionless treadmill when running.

Not cool, devs, not cool. There's nothing natural about the new animations, let alone feminine.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I do miss this walk, I wondered why they removed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMkiEEHEucc
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    sarah2774 wrote: »

Can I haz?
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    Bumped

Going through all my characters to change the stance so they don't do the "dirty diaper run." Walking in "standard" fem stance is weird too. It's like a zombie walk.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »

Can I haz?

No doubt! That is a great animation.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    I wonder if we will all be given 'duck pouts' to go with these walks.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    kain9prime wrote: »
    Bumped

Going through all my characters to change the stance so they don't do the "dirty diaper run." Walking in "standard" fem stance is weird too. It's like a zombie walk.

Running with a female character with the 'seductive' stance set as default seems to look OK - it's more or less the old one. However, the 'seductive' stance looks quite weird by itself and not very....seductive, IMHO. :D In addition, it doesn't thematically work with all characters, for ex. being in seductive stance is in character for my Orion pirate, but completely out of character for my Starfleet Vulcan.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    They nerfed eye candy???

giphy.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User

Oh my god, what did they do to the animations that that over-sexed absurb walk animation is looked back upon fondly? They dropped that animation like a hot potato for good reason.
    jexsamx wrote: »

Oh my god, what did they do to the animations that that over-sexed absurb walk animation is looked back upon fondly? They dropped that animation like a hot potato for good reason.

Well the skirt is quite short, but the I would hardly describe the walk itself as 'over sexed'.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

They knew people like you were going to complain?
    lianthelia wrote: »

They knew people like you were going to complain?

What exactly is that supposed to mean?
    edited October 2019
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Well the skirt is quite short, but the I would hardly describe the walk itself as 'over sexed'.

Are we watching the same video? Nobody throws their hips out like that walking normally. Then there's the bounce in her step, again exaggerated. As far as the "absurd" portion of the exact same complaints I had back in roughly 2012 or whereabouts when they pulled this TRIBBLE, just look at how ridiculous her arm motions are.

I'm halfway tempted to reinstall just to find out how bad the new animation really is if that old one is considered good by comparison...

EDIT: Sorry, it was actually July of 2011 they tried to push this animation on us. I remembered because I posted a video pointing out how bad it is, too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZv5BfayCDc
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also I feel the need to point out the stance is called "seductive" for a reason.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Also I feel the need to point out the stance is called "seductive" for a reason.

Why rely upon logic when faux outrage will do just as well ? :wink:
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    @jexsamx that old animation was really nice and actually realistic, but congrats to you on getting it removed for everyone else who enjoyed it, just like the female risian outfits before it all became baseball were enlarged despite it being completely ordinary for real swimwear at least in the West.

Let me guess, up next will be the levels of violence in this game, since it could motivate a single person to build a starship and wage intergalactic war with space aliens we haven't yet discovered.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • madeyejudemadeyejude Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I must say...I used to enjoy looking at my toon when she was running. Now it seems not natural at all or perhaps She has a bad case of hemorrhoids while walking or running normal-2.gif​​
    LOL and here I was thinking I'm the only one who thought exactly that. My female looks like she is always looking for the next toilette. I want the old run/walk/stance back. The new one is rubbish.

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Let me guess, up next will be the levels of violence in this game, since it could motivate a single person to build a starship and wage intergalactic war with space aliens we haven't yet discovered.

Can't be warmongering and xenophobic if there are no other races to say otherwise. :*;)

#Xenocide

wzwioMa.jpg

Plus the Fed Little Goody Two-Shoe Alliance are already mass murders.

So what is the worst animation that people are referring to? Seductive or feminine?

I don't think Cryptic can afford to pay 10k for mocap software. Even if they could afford it they would have to rent out the space and have to pay for the actors on the set. Nor is it some magical software that does the work for you automatically either that some people here seem to think.

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Feminine fast run. Just revert it to the old, wasn't great but acceptable. All new female slow runs are also pretty stupid, so revert those too.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Feminine fast run. Just revert it to the old, wasn't great but acceptable. All new female slow runs are also pretty stupid, so revert those too.

Yeah I had a look. The walk for feminine looks odd because the arms are barely moving, I think it's the shoulders they seem really stiff looking like they are glued on. Fast run seems fine. The slow jogging makes you look like Ivar the Boneless.

PlayfulUnimportantDogfish-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    I do like the facial expressions in the updates, though.

Agreed 100% facial animations and the animations in the new episode are spot on. Whoever is doing them needs a cookie. :)

I don't think they are spot on. They are very cartoony, or similar to The Sims?

Like the first time my character saw a Hur'q it more looked like she had some sort of Vietnam flashback combined with a seizure.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited October 2019

That walk animations were removed because it was sexually offensive. During the time they removed that walk stance they also reduced the max bust size of female characters and gave them more width to their stomach and smaller hips by default. Though you can still give them a smaller waist and bigger hips by moving the sliders.

I think a good idea would be to do what many other games do, we can already select a "stance" so having several walking styles to choose from would be a good idea too! Maybe even a running animation to pick from as well.
This discussion has been closed.