test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elachi Qulash opinions

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
Today people should start getting their hands on the Elachi Qulash frigate without having to use the buyout.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245823-command-the-elachi-qulash-frigate!

So what are your first impressions on this latest event ship?
For me it's sturdy, but at first it was a bit getting used to since i expected a higher turn rate for a ship that size.
LtC Intel is useful, but access to SS3 would have been awesome.

Downsides are that the console still uses the Undine visuals https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Fluidic_Phase_Decoupler and a lack of a fleet variant is also a (temporary) stain.

I do not think this ship will break DPS records, but it can provide a good ship for advanced content.

Opinions folks?
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    Isn't it already fleet-level?

After a quick count, 11 consoles. Yeah i guess it's at fleet level already. Was kind of hoping for a Commander level Intel.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Got mine a couple of days ago & was considering launching a new toon for it. I like the 5/3 weapons for my style, and the 11 consoles & hull make it fleet comparable almost. But once I checked out the mastery trait & the uni console the Qulash appears destined for my admiralty fleet.

The other positive is that it's account-claimable.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I'm enjoying the ship.

It sliced through the patrols before I leveled it - the mastery traits are fine for this class of ship (you can't expect the cruiser mastery). Seating is completely flexible and 5/3 gives it some punch.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

I have to be honest, since the Beam Overload change, I prefer it (in practice) over Surgical Strikes. Easier to slot and hits twice as hard per slot rank. (It even sounds cooler when you light something up with BO, compared to the normal sounds of SS.)

As for the ship itself, I won't have it for a couple days yet, but on paper it looks like a slightly squishier Arbiter that otherwise surpasses it in every other category. I am a little surprised it doesn't have the high shield modifier that every other Elachi ship does though. With how much I adore the Elachi ships and bridge, I imagine I'll be getting a lot of 'screen time' out of the Qulash as well.. whenever I can pull myself away from my current experimental builds.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    I just started this a couple days ago so by my calculations I wont have time to finish it. Will I still be able to buy it out after the 10th or do I need to buy it out by the 10th?
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »
    I just started this a couple days ago so by my calculations I wont have time to finish it. Will I still be able to buy it out after the 10th or do I need to buy it out by the 10th?

Some statements regarding the rework of the event-system make it seem like points are supposed to carry over in order to complete them later. Not 100% sure if this is already in place though.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    No, points do not carry over. The ship will go into the second chance store after the event, where it can be bought at the scaled down price according to one's progress by the end of the event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    Isn't it already fleet-level?

Was kind of hoping for a Commander level Intel.
    Would've been great if it could be upgraded with that, I would certainly use intel abilities over the engi ones.

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    What about the disruptors? Are they worth bothering with?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All Event Ships, Lockbox Ships, Lobi Store Ships (except the Dyson), and Promotion Ships are Fleet grade already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    discojer wrote: »
    What about the disruptors? Are they worth bothering with?

I believe Elachi weapons have a chance at full shield pen.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Elachi_Disruptor_weapons_(space)
    Ok... chance to ignore shields and have armor pen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User

They should be at least quite decent. Given that their popularity was quite some time ago, not sure if under current game mechanics and the way things work and proc where they will land in the scheme of things as compared to a good set of crafted disruptors. Perhaps somebody will be able to comment further.

Upgrade costs will be considerable if you're starting at Mk 12. Perhaps I should have claimed the ship and weapons on a level 10 toon at Mk II?
    Possible /hindsight /facepalm on my part...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

They should be at least quite decent. Given that their popularity was quite some time ago, not sure if under current game mechanics and the way things work and proc where they will land in the scheme of things as compared to a good set of crafted disruptors. Perhaps somebody will be able to comment further.

Upgrade costs will be considerable if you're starting at Mk 12. Perhaps I should have claimed the ship and weapons on a level 10 toon at Mk II?
    The weapons at least anyway.

Iff they come as level-scaled and not always mk12, that is.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I should be getting it tomorrow (I took a couple of days off since I can't stand the Mushroom Kingdom)...
    edited September 2019
    Disappointed how the ultimate upgrades are just weapon ones, I was trying to save them from event packs so I could upgrade my sci's ship build, I only have three normal ones which are not near enough.
  • sfbarbear#7937 sfbarbear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Today people should start getting their hands on the Elachi Qulash frigate without having to use the buyout.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245823-command-the-elachi-qulash-frigate!

For me it's sturdy, but at first it was a bit getting used to since i expected a higher turn rate for a ship that size.

Downsides are that the console still uses the Undine visuals https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Fluidic_Phase_Decoupler and a lack of a fleet variant is also a (temporary) stain.

I do not think this ship will break DPS records, but it can provide a good ship for advanced content.

Opinions folks?

It is almost identical to the KDF QeHpu. IF you have one you really don't need the other.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »

If they come as level-scaled and not always mk12, that is.

It seems the ship does scale but the elachi weapon pack is level appropriate (going by the news releases).

2.5% Chance: +50 Armor Penetration and 100% Shield Penetration versus 2.5% Chance: -10 All Damage Resistance for 15 sec for standard disruptors.

Procs are per cycle except under BFAW which was a bug that got fixed in S13. Could it be that procs between weapon sub-types work, but are more of a choose your animation thing at this point aside from at a 'very high end' perspective i.e. spiral waves?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

Opinions folks?

It is almost identical to the KDF QeHpu. IF you have one you really don't need the other.

I'm looking how they're similar. 5/3 vs 4/4, Intel vs pilot, no cloak vs cloak, Different console layout.. etc.
    They're about as similar as a cat and dog.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Opinions folks?

I'm looking how they're similar. 5/3 vs 4/4, Intel vs pilot, no cloak vs cloak, Different console layout.. etc.
    They're about as similar as a cat and dog.

Well, they all have four legs at least (even the new ship) which is something in common I suppose :)

As for the weapons from the box you get along with the ship (or rather with the first ship only), they definitely come out as the level needed by the character who unpacks them. I made a new character specially for that ship who is currently level 13 and got Mk IV weapons out of it.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Ulitimate upgrades from the keyrings are not limited to weapons.
    I'm talking about the ones awarded from the event.

• jhanell#0859 jhanell Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yeah, the event upgrades are weapon-only.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I can't seem to locate where to reclaim it on my other toons. It's not in the Event Reclaim menu under the reputation tab, or the dill store Reclaim menu. I was able to claim it in the Mission Events menu once, but only on that one character.

*edit*
    So there is a "reclaim" button in the Events tab in the Missions window. The Qulash is visible there, along with other ships visible in the "account reward claim" list in the reputation events store tab, but the Elachi ship isn't visible with all the other ships in the rep store, because reasons....
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    All Event Ships, Lockbox Ships, Lobi Store Ships (except the Dyson), and Promotion Ships are Fleet grade already.

The most recent Risa Racer isn't. Spending a fleet module gives you a fleet level pilot ship.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No it doesn't. It gives you the full Pilot Specialization with Maneuvers for your Fleet Level Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Just got done running this ship for the first time on my KDF SciGuy. Used a hodge podge of gear I had stored and the Event Weapons Pack. I selected cannons/turrets. Very very nice! I can see where with a collimated build specifically geared towards Science abilities, I can make a very decent Space Majiks ship. Which will come in handy if I run across any of those pesky Neverwinter dragons ingame which Cryptic mentioned on their FB page.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    ltminns wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It gives you the full Pilot Specialization with Maneuvers for your Fleet Level Ship.
    If I recall correctly the fleet version does increase hull.

This discussion has been closed.