test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command the T6 Risian corvette!

13»

Comments

• kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    kirk2811 wrote: »
    Man this is great! Not only are they giving us yet another free account wide Tier 6 ship with 11 console slots, they're also making a second even better version available for the graciously low price of 20k fleet credits and a single fleet ship module per character. And what is the response from the entitled crowd around here? Another rage and flame fest over nothing. Heck, even the fleet ship module is free if you simply play the game with any regularity. Get over yourselves and just enjoy the game.

I apologize if this has been already answered but if we can get two ships (The event one and the Pilot version) why does the poster say "upgrade" instead of " be able to buy another one" ? I must admit I'm a bit confused about that, do we get only one upgradeable ship or we can get really two? Thanks in advance for any clarification

Additionally, players who own a Risian corvette [T6] will be able to purchase the all new Risian Pilot corvette [T6] from their fleet for one Fleet Ship Module and 20,000 Fleet Credits. The Fleet version of the ship will have access to pilot maneuvers, allowing you to barrel roll your way across the stars.

According to this we can get two ships indeed. Sorry for bothering you without investigating further
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Why all the hate here for the new corvette? I'm actually excited.

I unlocked the original T5 and have always loved the ship, though it did sit in my drydock for quite a while to make room for other, newer ships (until recently). When I saw we were gonna get a T6 version, I decided to bring out my old one (T5U) on my main character and try all the newer equipment on it and see how it flew. Let me tell you, it was fast and maneuverable when I first got it, but there is nothing that can compare to it now. Boosting the flight turn and engine power/performance with more recent equipment and combining that with the right boff abilities makes this ship so fast that she is almost uncontrollable at times. And insanely fast! It is almost unbelievable and is incredible to fly. I love it! I can fly circles around the enemy like crazy, bombarding them with my beams and turrets (skip cannons, can't keep them lined up long enough). I have never seen another ship in the game except the fighter/swarmers do this. And the maneuvers I can pull of with my ship are the most insane. I have never seen another player ship ever pull these crazy maneuvers off. And the enemies have such a hard time landing a good hit that it becomes funny to watch.

A properly equipped corvette is just SO freakin' much fun to fly!

So to say that the T6 version has to have pilot maneuvers to be worth anything is ridiculous. The T5 ship in the right hands with the right equipment can even fly circles around any of the current pilot ships I've seen. I've been able to complete missions and TFOs in the T5 corvette that normally I would need a large strong cruiser to easily win. Normally anything smaller and I'm dying too often. But not in my corvette. It's all over the place!

And now they are giving us a T6 version, with Pilot Boff seating! I am actually more excited about the boff seating than the Pilot maneuvers. With my current equipment/abilities and the added pilot boff abilities, this ship will be insane. Now don't get me wrong, I'm gonna get the Fleet version too, but I'm trying to point out to everyone, that even without the pilot maneuvers, if you use this ship correctly, you will never be disappointed by it, at any teir.

I will admit that I'm kind of on the fence about the idea of giving us two different versions of the ship so they don't break their event rules, one free and the other with a small added cost. But I must say it is much, MUCH better than them just giving us one version that not everyone is happy with (which I still don't think anyone should be unhappy with any of the corvettes) and ignoring what the players are asking for. So kudos for that Cryptic. Probably something that would work with the other event ships too, though I may not be getting them all.

As for me, I'm uber excited for the T6 corvette and wish I didn't have to wait/grind 25 days for it. My current corvette is named "Winged Draco" and I can't decide if I should just keep that name, or rename it something like "Blue Speedster", "Lightning Hornet" or "Spinning Top of Doom". What do you guys think?
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Why all the hate here for the new corvette? I'm actually excited.

I unlocked the original T5 and have always loved the ship, though it did sit in my drydock for quite a while to make room for other, newer ships (until recently). When I saw we were gonna get a T6 version, I decided to bring out my old one (T5U) on my main character and try all the newer equipment on it and see how it flew. Let me tell you, it was fast and maneuverable when I first got it, but there is nothing that can compare to it now. Boosting the flight turn and engine power/performance with more recent equipment and combining that with the right boff abilities makes this ship so fast that she is almost uncontrollable at times. And insanely fast! It is almost unbelievable and is incredible to fly. I love it! I can fly circles around the enemy like crazy, bombarding them with my beams and turrets (skip cannons, can't keep them lined up long enough). I have never seen another ship in the game except the fighter/swarmers do this. And the maneuvers I can pull of with my ship are the most insane. I have never seen another player ship ever pull these crazy maneuvers off. And the enemies have such a hard time landing a good hit that it becomes funny to watch.

A properly equipped corvette is just SO freakin' much fun to fly!

So to say that the T6 version has to have pilot maneuvers to be worth anything is ridiculous. The T5 ship in the right hands with the right equipment can even fly circles around any of the current pilot ships I've seen. I've been able to complete missions and TFOs in the T5 corvette that normally I would need a large strong cruiser to easily win. Normally anything smaller and I'm dying too often. But not in my corvette. It's all over the place!

And now they are giving us a T6 version, with Pilot Boff seating! I am actually more excited about the boff seating than the Pilot maneuvers. With my current equipment/abilities and the added pilot boff abilities, this ship will be insane. Now don't get me wrong, I'm gonna get the Fleet version too, but I'm trying to point out to everyone, that even without the pilot maneuvers, if you use this ship correctly, you will never be disappointed by it, at any teir.

I will admit that I'm kind of on the fence about the idea of giving us two different versions of the ship so they don't break their event rules, one free and the other with a small added cost. But I must say it is much, MUCH better than them just giving us one version that not everyone is happy with (which I still don't think anyone should be unhappy with any of the corvettes) and ignoring what the players are asking for. So kudos for that Cryptic. Probably something that would work with the other event ships too, though I may not be getting them all.

As for me, I'm uber excited for the T6 corvette and wish I didn't have to wait/grind 25 days for it. My current corvette is named "Winged Draco" and I can't decide if I should just keep that name, or rename it something like "Blue Speedster", "Lightning Hornet" or "Spinning Top of Doom". What do you guys think?
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
This discussion has been closed.