test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feeling rather peeved... what does RANDOM mean to you?

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I do not believe Mycelial Realm was forgotten to be excluded from RTFOs or cooldown. Not all players have alts, so a player would need to be able to immediately re-queue for MR if that's how they want to run the event (30+30). Being included in RTFOs would actually allow one to maximize potential earnings while running the event as well.

Why should people be able to immediately requeue? They can't do that for any other queue in the game, why this one? If I need 200 omega marks why can't I immediately requeue ISA after finishing it? I don't expect an answer, its just I don't see the point in treating this queue any differently than others.

Obviously there's an event, but this is completely unlike any previous event where you ran it once and you had your daily token. There was never a need to rerun it. This event has other ways to get progress, like the mission and the patrols, but you can't rerun those back to back, so why can you for the queue? Shouldn't there be a lockout so people are encouraged to do the other content as well, if they don't want to wait that half hour for the queue to come off CD?

Its inconsistent.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I do not believe Mycelial Realm was forgotten to be excluded from RTFOs or cooldown. Not all players have alts, so a player would need to be able to immediately re-queue for MR if that's how they want to run the event (30+30). Being included in RTFOs would actually allow one to maximize potential earnings while running the event as well.
    Being included in RTFO doesn't have anything to do with being able to re-queue. No cooldown is standard for event queues now, the previous feature TFOs didn't have cooldowns, either. But in RTFO they were not, not on purpose at least. There is really nothing different about this one that would explain why it should suddenly and unannounced be included in RTFO.

The RTFO release announcement said in no uncertain terms that event queues are meant to be excluded, and so far all event queues have indeed been excluded (even if they had to fix it after the fact). So unless you have some insider information from Cryptic that the rule has changed, I have to assume it still stands.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    The "Mycelial Realm" TFO is no longer eligible to be chosen for Random TFOs.
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Problem solved. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    I stand corrected. I did ask Kael about it to confirm one way or the other, and it seems we got the definitive answer with the patch notes.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    And a much appreciated fix it is.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Short term solution. Thanks for this Devs:

The "Mycelial Realm" TFO is no longer eligible to be chosen for Random TFOs.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11263973-pc-patch-notes-for-9/26/19​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    spielman1 wrote: »
    That is the thing I don't mind helping a landing hand to players in TFOs and such but if they start to lose I leave, they don't get the secondary's then I leave, The do rush in leave I leave, same mission 4th time ina row I leave. So yeah don't me wrong I don't mind helping and such and do the whole random but don't bore me with a hundred missins that is the ame map same team I left in the first place. The extra reward isn't worth the headache nor my time.

Translation: If I'm not being properly carried.. I leave.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    If I do RTFOs then I will do my best to help out whichever TFO I land in, even if I don't like it. I only did one for an Endeavor and got Bug Hunt, which I did my best in even though I hadn't done it before. I don't normally do ground TFOs if I can help it because ground is not my best and I'm not fond of it. But I did not leave it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    That is the thing I don't mind helping a landing hand to players in TFOs and such but if they start to lose I leave, they don't get the secondary's then I leave, The do rush in leave I leave, same mission 4th time ina row I leave. So yeah don't me wrong I don't mind helping and such and do the whole random but don't bore me with a hundred missins that is the ame map same team I left in the first place. The extra reward isn't worth the headache nor my time.

Then don't click on "random" if you don't intend to stay for whatever RTFO you get, regardless of what you get. Seriously, it's this attitude that's the biggest problem with RTFOs. "I didn't get what I want so I'm leaving." Last night I wanted Fleet Marks and randomed for the extra rewards, twice I ended up in Borg TFOs, which don't reward Fleet Marks (seriously needs to change). Did I bail, because I didn't get what I want? No, I played on, because SOMEONE needed the TFO and was counting on their team to help.

Actually wrong could careless what marks I get it is the team quality I look at im not gonna carry players that refuse to play the matches right that simple.

Totally missed my point. If you're not going to play the TFO you get with the team you get, then don't random.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sure, I can just imagine King Leonidas abandoning Thermopylae because he found out that Thespians, Thebans, and Phocians were on his 'Team'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Actually wrong could careless what marks I get it is the team quality I look at im not gonna carry players that refuse to play the matches right that simple.

Here is your problem..

You're assuming malice on the part of your team when none is necessarily present. Allow me to elaborate..

You are proceeding under the belief that your team just sucks, isn't making a real effort and wants you to do all the work. Why assume that? Perhaps they're a newer player? Maybe they're a veteran but they aren't 'space rich' and don't have time to grind out the things they need or the money to skip the time commitment. Why do you just assume that they're terrible players trying to get 'something for nothing?' If they're trying and they're not leaving.. why not help them?

If you were half the player you claim to be, you would hang in there and help these guys. You would accept that sometimes you're going to get matched with players who need some additional help and you would man up and help them instead of being some elitist snob who thinks he's too good to be matched with others that don't fit his own specific set of criteria.

Your view on this is shameful and it makes you the worst type of player in STO. I would rather slug through a queue any day with a new player that keeps dying but doesn't give up and sticks through to the end then play with someone like you who just leaves if things aren't going up to your specific standard. As long as everyone is trying, I won't leave a queue.. the only thing that gets me to leave is people just AFK'ing.. that's an entirely different scenario.

If you're as good as you claim to be.. then act like it. Help people and stop being such a snob. Everyone was new at some point.
  • alienz969alienz969 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Random in matters of TFO's means Starbase one, if that makes sense.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Sure, I can just imagine King Leonidas abandoning Thermopylae because he found out that Thespians, Thebans, and Phocians were on his 'Team'.
    Yeah, pretty much. It's not normal to join an RTFO where all the puggles actually know what they're doing. Khitomer ground with a team with 3 clueless puggles can get interesting. Not unwinnable by any stretch, but interesting because you have to explain to people what to do.
    When you do, do they listen not really
    Only one way to find out. To try. It sometimes works. But if you don't even try? No, that's not on them, that's on you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Before the change this week, when I ran the Universal Endeavor to do a Random TFO. I changed the setting to 'Normal' hoping I would get the Mycelial TFO and take care of that for the day as well.

Nope, got 'Peril Over Pahvo'. Not even 'Defense of Starbase 1'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    But... why would it matter what people are doing if it's RANDOM?

Actually its like neverwinters system of random queues which they basically ported over years back. What it does is it takes you to a queue that needs to be filled up. So it just dones't queue by random selecting but queues up certain ones if they have players waiting for them. So in a way it does help with queues that might not get active without it. But at the same time if people are constantly queuing up and waiting for one type of queue then that queue will possibly be the one you will get the most out of any of them. since people are constantly queueing up for the Myciel network it ends up being the queue you end up in . I think the code only truely gives out random if no one else is queued up for any queue at the time. So until the event is over with you might want to avoid it or do advanced random. Because the system was meant to help speed up times in getting into queues that might not be so popular. When there is a event like this so many are queueing up for it so the system might place you into it more likely then others. Its the way the code is designed unfortunately.

lol. At least the STO queue pops, vapinator. ;)
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @spielman1 said:
    > That is the thing I don't mind helping a landing hand to players in TFOs and such but if they start to lose I leave, they don't get the secondary's then I leave, The do rush in leave I leave, same mission 4th time ina row I leave. So yeah don't me wrong I don't mind helping and such and do the whole random but don't bore me with a hundred missins that is the ame map same team I left in the first place. The extra reward isn't worth the headache nor my time.

In other words, you are a leaver for no reason whatsoever and should be banned from TFOs.

And well your wrong also, I am the one usually having to do all the carry in space and ground why most players build all colors and die every 30 seconds or be on ground rush in die and repeat. Forcing me to do all the carry and I already said im not gonna carry

I find it hard to believe that you joined the game knowing exactly how to complete every single TFO in existence, and did not ever need to be 'carried' or learnt from trial and error. The only reason most of us know what to do is because someone else was patient enough to stick around and show us the ropes.

Your idea of 'carrying' people seems to be quite narcissistic.

Cause I have over a very long time after about a year of it I said f it if they wont listen and do it then I wont even help and try best they learn there way
    If you fail enough imes at some point you have to look at yourself to win

So you just assume no one will listen and leave..

And other players are the problem.

Right.
This discussion has been closed.