test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Better Item Pickup idea

rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Controls and User Interface
So I never had something like this happen till all these drops were everywhere at the end of a mission and I was like, this is a mess. So rather than players having to pick up items individually, and if they want to, players can activate an option in the settings to allow automatic pick ups so there is no screen clutter at the end of a mission, OR, any items that have dropped during a mission or TFO is automatically dropped in an item pool for the player to pick out what they want to keep or discard once the mission is complete.

No more messy spills on the screen and a wall of items that just blocks your view and your helmsman not crashing into anything.

unknown.png?width=1083&height=610

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I already have auto-loot on and click on the items to pick them up but I would like this QoL pass done. Make it so, Cryptic.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    A few other games that I play have a non-combat pet called a..go figure..."loot critter". Temporary ones available with in-game currencies, permanent ones available for RL funds. They do absolutely NOTHING other than run around the map picking up loot for you.

An option like that would be great, make a good currency sink in game, and earn a bit more money for the game.

Of course the cost of developing anything like that might mean it will never be more than a pipe dream so how about just making auto-loot ON actually mean that you auto-loot exactly like the name says.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Agreed, auto-loot should mean auto-pick-up.