test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does it take so long to heal ground shields/health?

jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
When doing the endeavors, I hate it when "heal shields ground" or "heal health ground" pops up. I'll go to Nimbus, make my away team stay at one location and then make my way towards the crashed ship where all the baddies are. I'll trigger the baddies to make them fire at me and then pop a shield or health generator. While I can easily take damage, it takes forever for the health/shield to regen numbers to fill the endeavor. You would think that if you're being fired upon by three to four enemies, that it would only take a couple minutes for the generators to refill your progress bars. But not, it's more like "3hp, 2hp, 5hp, 1hp, 4hp". I'm not talking about the health/shield bars themselves being filled, I mean enough being counted for the endeavor. Really annoying.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I've tried Nimbus and also found it a poor place for those endeavours. Though my problem is more that they simply can't hurt me at all...

But when doing the mission Cutting the Cord, it only took me several minutes to fill up a 3-star shield repair endeavour (18,000 shields) using one of the fires in the final ground portion and only the innate shield heal every Engineer gets. The endeavour counter went up by 100-150hp each second and continued to rise even after my shields had fully repaired.

Health should be just almost fast in Cutting the Cord, though I haven't tried it yet.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Generators are generally the worst way to do those endeavors if you got a SCI character I'd suggest using that instead (you can always transfer the reward boxes via account bank).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I've tried Nimbus and also found it a poor place for those endeavours. Though my problem is more that they simply can't hurt me at all...

But when doing the mission Cutting the Cord, it only took me several minutes to fill up a 3-star shield repair endeavour (18,000 shields) using one of the fires in the final ground portion and only the innate shield heal every Engineer gets. The endeavour counter went up by 100-150hp each second and continued to rise even after my shields had fully repaired.

Health should be just almost fast in Cutting the Cord, though I haven't tried it yet.

Using the mission "Home" for that or Nukara in the acid pool. Just what is the most convenient at the time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Nukara (on an engineer) is my go to place for weapons damage and shield/health regen endeavours.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Give your boffs shield recharges and hypos, and that speeds things up.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    When doing the endeavors, I hate it when "heal shields ground" or "heal health ground" pops up. I'll go to Nimbus, make my away team stay at one location and then make my way towards the crashed ship where all the baddies are. I'll trigger the baddies to make them fire at me and then pop a shield or health generator. While I can easily take damage, it takes forever for the health/shield to regen numbers to fill the endeavor. You would think that if you're being fired upon by three to four enemies, that it would only take a couple minutes for the generators to refill your progress bars. But not, it's more like "3hp, 2hp, 5hp, 1hp, 4hp". I'm not talking about the health/shield bars themselves being filled, I mean enough being counted for the endeavor. Really annoying.
    Because endeavors only count actual healing, not your health/shields recovering on their own.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Boffs do help with the numbers if you use group healing (stuff they fire also counts towards energy/kinetic ground endeavors too), but any way you do it seems to take a lot of time if it is the biggest one.

The last time the "shield heal (ground)" was in the biggest slot I went through the mushroom network followed by three and a half cycles of the dyson ground battlezone before it was checked off (the second highest endeavor was "kill voth (ground)" and the minor one was "kill undine ships" which made the sphere the obvious choice or I would have tried the nukara acid route, though going that long in solanae did result in a tidy sum of dilithium so it was not all wasted time).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The acid pool on an engi with shield/health generators for shield endeavor and popping reroute power to shields every 45 secs is how I do those.

On a sci, I'll stand in the acid and pop nanite health monitor and any other heals I have handy for health.

I did health on a tac by taking a bunch of large hypos, taking his shield off and going after tholians on Nukara. When he was done with a group, pop one and onto the next group. Didn't take too awful long that way.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I actually kinda... just let myself burn on a Sci with heals on Nukara. Problem is if you want max amount, you have to flirt with death each time and if you get the timing wrong on reactivating your EV suit... you die.
    Its a bit faster than just jumping off the upper level on ESD and hittting Med Tricorder, but still takes a bit of time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I actually kinda... just let myself burn on a Sci with heals on Nukara. Problem is if you want max amount, you have to flirt with death each time and if you get the timing wrong on reactivating your EV suit... you die.
    Its a bit faster than just jumping off the upper level on ESD and hittting Med Tricorder, but still takes a bit of time.
    The acid pools are faster and you won't die since you can heal yourself at the same time you take damage.
    The Acid Pools are a bit slower because they gotta chew through shields first. But I might try that sometime.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I saw a guy on Nakura the other night who had no EV Suit on. Kept burning up then healing. I usually reroll any heal anything Endeavors.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    take the shields off...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I think I used the green insect swarms on New Romulus the last time I bothered with a ground healing endeavour. I tend to leave my Romulan toons at the New Romulan Command Center and hunt Tal Shiar officers or Tholians for ground damage endeavours, so it's an easy option that doesn't involve flying halfway across the quadrant. Pop a generator, bring a sci boff, walk away if I'm not standing on top of an enemy spawn, and it completes itself.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Acid Pools are a bit slower because they gotta chew through shields first. But I might try that sometime.

That's why I take off my shields on Nukara when I'm going for health healing. The tholians don't do that much damage unless they gang up on you.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    take the shields off...​​
    Yeah take em off... nice and slow.

You'd like that wouldn't you? ;)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    These two endeavors for ground heal/shield healing really should be redone. They aren't really viable to do normally in my experience because of how fast normal healing is, especially for shields, and for how little damage you actually take on the ground. Like everyone else i just pass or stand in a puddle of acid.
    These two endeavors for ground heal/shield healing really should be redone. They aren't really viable to do normally in my experience because of how fast normal healing is, especially for shields, and for how little damage you actually take on the ground. Like everyone else i just pass or stand in a puddle of acid.
    That's what makes them interesting. If they'd just pop on their own the moment you went into combat they would be completely pointless.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    That's what makes them interesting. If they'd just pop on their own the moment you went into combat they would be completely pointless.

That's pointless hyperbole.

Lets be real here. Any other do x damage or kill x or heal x in space endeavor can be done in one STF or combat heavy mission, typically. The shields and health dynamic on the ground, though, completely preclude that from being possible in my experience.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    If you're doing just simple shield healing on ground, go stand in an acid pool on Nukara and drop down a healing fabrication. From there you can combo with things like Shield Pulse or Shield Recharge modules if you need to. That's what I do for most of my endeavors like that.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited September 2019
    If you're doing just simple shield healing on ground, go stand in an acid pool on Nukara and drop down a healing fabrication. From there you can combo with things like Shield Pulse or Shield Recharge modules if you need to. That's what I do for most of my endeavors like that.

This is what I do. When it's shield/health, just take an engi to Nukara and stand in the acid with healing/shield fabs and pop shield recharge.

for straight health I take off my shield altogether so health drops faster.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    The acid pool on an engi with shield/health generators for shield endeavor and popping reroute power to shields every 45 secs is how I do those.

On a sci, I'll stand in the acid and pop nanite health monitor and any other heals I have handy for health.

I did health on a tac by taking a bunch of large hypos, taking his shield off and going after tholians on Nukara. When he was done with a group, pop one and onto the next group. Didn't take too awful long that way.

This is what I always do as well with my ENG/SCI. Or you can always use a pass token if you have one of those.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    storules wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »

This is what I always do as well with my ENG/SCI. Or you can always use a pass token if you have one of those.​​

I have plenty of pass tokens, I just don't see the need to pass on healing ground health or shields when it's stupid easy to do on Nukara.

I generally pass on doing two or three TFOs in the same Endeavor, depending on what they are. Others are according to how I feel on that particular day. Most of the time I try not to pass any up. Which means I have quite a lot of tokens.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Ya both need to be lowered to a max of like 10k maybe even 5k. I used to go to dino land and take the guns away from my boffs and my shields if needed for health and stand around till it ticked over but that could take a while. Like 20 minutes of just standing there, and while watching my science boff beat a mini t-rex to death with his fists for the 10nth time might sound fun it’s not. I had the mission pop up yesterday, so I tried what a few recommended here. That is go to nukara and stand in the green poo lava. And that did seem to go faster, I think maybe took 15 minutes. But its still just stand there and heal occasionally. The amount of healing you need to do is just too much. Plus, the better you are at ground combat the worse this gets since the dead don’t shoot back so doing this in normal mission and combat could take an hour or two.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Engineer Character ~> Nukara ~> Base Charlie ~> Set Shield and/or Medical generator ~> Stand in Acid pool = Done in a couple minutes.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Lets be real here. Any other do x damage or kill x or heal x in space endeavor can be done in one STF or combat heavy mission, typically. The shields and health dynamic on the ground, though, completely preclude that from being possible in my experience.

Thing is, the more endgamey your toon is, the more damage and quick kills he gets, increasing the speed of getting those endeavors. At the same time, your damage resistance and similar increase, reducing the damage you get and thus your healing opportunities in normal gameplay. Also, in space almost everybody has some kind of heals at the ensign levels, which you can just pop now end then even if not really needed, while competition for abilities on ground is much tougher - 5 modules and your innate abilities. I normally don't use them for heals, since there's so much more that can be done.

This is IMO an intrinsic property of how advancing in abilities and gear will affect this, but no need to change anything, after all, they should be endeavors, not log-in bonuses, although they sometimes tend to be. After all, they're intended to make you do stuff you normally don't do, change builds and/or played content.

I still get pretty good results during normal gameplay though just with my boffs. Shield recharge on an ENG or Medical Tricorder on a SCI, play a mission with prolongued ground combat, and the bar will will. Leaving boffs behind as the OP did IMO doesn't help.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.