test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only two Cold ground weapons

ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
I think we could use more cold damage type ground weapons.

To the best of my knowledge there are only two; the CRM 200 and the Hyper-Compressed Cryo Launcher. Neither of these are up-gradable, nor is any item in the Crystalline Nanofiber Shell set of which the Cryo Launcher is part. Also I might add the models for these two weapons are woefully dated.

What say you? Those nasty Tholians have gotten away with far too much for too long!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    3 - there's a cold based full-auto too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    Actually the Full Auto is Antiproton with a side of Cold. Its not a pure Cold weapon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 2019
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Ain't you suppose to use [sonic] weapons for Tholians anyway? ;)
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    I use cold science. :D
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The CRM is certainly upgradeable. You've also number of Cold Kit Modules as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,294 Community Moderator
    Yeah, I was going to mention the cold kit modules from the winter event. I wish we had more fire themed weapons. :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator

When did that change? Last time I looked at mine it said Antiproton with added cold.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

When did that change? Last time I looked at mine it said Antiproton with added cold.
    At least on the wiki page history it has been Cold since the beginning.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    That winter kit that adds cold damage to your attacks is pretty awesome. Also the cold-based science kits. I would love to see some cold-based space weapons added to the game. Revenge is a dish best served cold!! :D
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

The Nukura Rep weapon? 1 has a bug. Both are cold dmg, says so in the dmg part details. But one of them on the title says antiproton. Labeling error due to cut/paste I am guessing. not sure if it effects anything. you can slot it up during an endeavor asking for antiproton dmg to test.
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The CRM is certainly upgradeable. You've also number of Cold Kit Modules as well.

Thank you, they must have changed it, I haven't checked in quite some time.

I'm already loaded up on every cold kit module =) Just wish we had more weapon options. Perhaps a ground Breen set? Or Andorian?
    first, they need to actually make the SPACE breen set usable at endgame before they go adding a ground set​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.