test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Alienware Arena - 5 day STO giveaway... Elite Services Starter Pack on Day 5

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
Day 4 has Fed Female Orion Sci Officer... been given away before and can get in game if you have T4 Diplomacy.

Just visit each day to Alienware Arena and claim each day's gift. Only real good in game item is the Elite Services Starter Pack for 1 toon on your account.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2086433

Day 1 & 3 is for alienware Arena perks.

Day 2 is a STO badge... not sure if in game costume or badge you can display at Alienware Arena.

Day 4 is Fed Orion Sci Boff

Day 5 is the grand prize and only real one I want/need. Elite Services Starter Pack for 1 toon on account.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I saw this too, but I'm not sure how it works. The post I saw mentioning this said I need to use some Alienware app to then log in to STO, but reading the article it sound like maybe it's just log in to the Alienware site. Can't find any app and logging into the Alienware site did nothing either.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I just logged in and claimed reward from the link in the OP.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I saw this too, but I'm not sure how it works. The post I saw mentioning this said I need to use some Alienware app to then log in to STO, but reading the article it sound like maybe it's just log in to the Alienware site. Can't find any app and logging into the Alienware site did nothing either.

You just need to have an alienware arena account... 5 stages, (must?) claim 1 each day. on 5th day you get a free elite starter services pack... probably get a code on screen on day 2 (for sto badge?), 4 (fed orion bo) & 5 (elite starter pack). not sure since 1st day just gave me 10 alienware arena points.

as far as I know you dont need any app. just need alienware arena account.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    The boff will be nice to have. :)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Oh, the first one was just points.
    If you clicked it the first time, you probably got it
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    My reading of Day 2 is that it's just an icon for your Alienware Arena account, not something for use in the game. Still, an Elite Services Starter Pack is a pretty good reward.

Edit: I was just able to claim it, and it is just a badge for your Alienware Arena account.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

I figured it out. Go to the link form the first post.

Then log in to an account or create an account as need be.

There shouls be a small Starfleet delta on the top of the page (on the right aside, but not all the way too the right). It wasn't there until I signed in. If you don't have that when signed in, I can't tell you what to do for sure. Try clicking the link in the original post again, though that is a guess.

Click on the little delta, and it brings up the rewards page. This being the first day, there was a button under the first day's reward saying "Get Item." Clicking that button made it switch to green letter and a checkmark sating "My Rewards." I'm assuming the next day will open up in the next day's reward.

Clicking on the My Rewards button then takes to a list of rewards. As this day gave nothing but the web site's points, there was no specific reward listed there.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Got it earlier tonight. Won't join my crew as it says I am at max of those Characters (Diplomacy Boffs, I assume). :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    alienware arena is a common spot for freebies on many games. For some you have to have enough forum points to get stuff. But all you need to do is post, reply or even thumbs-up other posts to get points.

I check there every STO expansion... also steelseries and other sites will get freebie offers for STO.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Is their a key code that gives you the items?
    edited September 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Got it earlier tonight. Won't join my crew as it says I am at max of those Characters (Diplomacy Boffs, I assume). :(

I am signed in but don’t see where I can claim the boff on Alienware

Only the boost is available today, the boff is tomorrow.
    You get a code that you enter though the Arc Client or at this URL:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

You need to log into the Alienware Arena website. There is a Starfleet symbol at the top of the landing page. Click on that and you should get a graphic which shows all five days awards. If they are eligible to be redeemed it will say 'Claim' in the box for that day.

For the Orion Boff you will be presented with a code. After you redeem it, it will show up in your Promotions Tab. Just words no graphic.

The code was available to me last night at about 9:30 Eastern.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    Is the boff a character or account unlock?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    ltminns wrote: »
    You get a code that you enter though the Arc Client or at this URL:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

You need to log into the Alienware Arena website. There is a Starfleet symbol at the top of the landing page. Click on that and you should get a graphic which shows all five days awards. If they are eligible to be redeemed it will say 'Claim' in the box for that day.

For the Orion Boff you will be presented with a code. After you redeem it, it will show up in your Promotions Tab. Just words no graphic.

The code was available to me last night at about 9:30 Eastern.

strange I stil can't claim the boff
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    If you already have a Diplomacy BOFF, you won't be able to claim it since it is essentially the same thing.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    If you already have a Diplomacy BOFF, you won't be able to claim it since it is essentially the same thing.

You know if is account or character claim?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    Once per Account. Doesn't seem to be bound so you may be able to move it to another Character. You can claim it on a Character that has the Diplomacy Boff but she won't join the crew. I broke tradition with my Discovery Character and picked up a Nausican instead of an Orion.

He should be looking over his shoulders right now. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    I received the code for the Boff today, it does me no good. I have the Boff unclaimed on my account from a prior giveaway. My FED main character is not satisfied with just holo-entertainers, so she already has a Klingon Pop group (K-pop?) stationed on her ship, 6 Orion Boffs (They call themselves "Color of Envy"), 1 Gorn (the bouncer) and a Female Klingon (the Chaperon/manager).

Long way of saying I have a unused code I don't need.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
    Put the Services Pack on one of my F2P captains, my Discovery one since it has a Combat Tardigrade with it. Just seemed right to give that to her.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Oof, disappointed to see it's just the Diplomacy boff. I was hoping this was something unique.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Oof, disappointed to see it's just the Diplomacy boff. I was hoping this was something unique.

Generally places like that only buy a big block of codes at a discount for those giveaways rather than commissioning something unique. I heard something about Steam actually commissioning for the Steamrunner in the game to use as their special perk thing but I have no idea if that is true or a myth.
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I signed in and go the 72 hour arp thing

You have to sign in for 5 days consecutively to get all of the rewards, not just login on the 5th day to the last reward.

I.E. first day first reward, second day second reward, ect.

edited September 2019
    withdrawn
  • grancommesgrancommes Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Is this promotion still active?
    Yesterday, they had a star trek icon at the top of their site - today I can't find the page for it.
This discussion has been closed.