test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Frozen" stuck and can't progress

I've been trying to get through the mission "Frozen," but I can't progress past the fight with the Mogai heavy warbird. I approach the Reman scout, the Mogai appears and attacks me, and then the Reman disappears during the fight. After destroying the Mogai, the mission objective changes back to "Follow Reman Scout," but the scout isn't there and there are no objective markers.

I've tried restarting the client and dropping and restarting the mission, but it always gets stuck at that exact point. I opened ticket #5,600 for this.

Comments

• renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Ditto. I have the same problem. This was not an issue before the patch.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Follow the asteroid field anti-clockwise toward the flashing nav-beacons and the mission should progress.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Follow the asteroid field anti-clockwise toward the flashing nav-beacons and the mission should progress.
    I will try it. Thanks.

Nope. Didn't work.

• pussykhantelpussykhantel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Didn't work for me, either.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Can confirm this, just did this mission on my delta fed and the cutscene for the Reman scout ship warping out never takes place, thus you never get the option to follow the ship to the Reman's base.
  • czuri#2400 czuri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yes, unfortunately it is buggy. After the scout jumps out of the system, either a message window would have to open, or follow a cutscene. Unfortunately, nothing happens and the mission is stuck. I hope the devs fix it fast, not wanting to hang around forever or skip the entire Romulan storyline.
    Actually, I believe you can skip the one mission and continue on without skipping the entire storyline. But I have other characters that are past that point. So, I can wait.
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I can confirm the issue. 2 separate accounts, multiple characters, same problem.
  • brothercadfaelbrothercadfael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I had the same issue. Even had another player tag along in case that would change things. Same bug. Played the mission five times over a couple of hours with the same result.
  • tyrieal#6616 tyrieal Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue, the best i've had is I can get beside the reman ship after i destroy the second romulan ship, and then the reman ship goes to warp but nothing happens with my mission . I've flown around the system for an hour tryin to get it to generate some sort of progression. I've reproduced this issue every time i try the mission.
  • kukuriku#4662 kukuriku Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem,tried 4-5 times and can't go to next map after destroying the second romulan ship.
    So i just skipped the mission and go to next one.
  • bagehibagehi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I spent a couple of hours yesterday, trying to find a work around with no success. Hopefully someone thinks of something I have not tried. Things I've tried:

1. Playing through it like normal (obviously)
    2. Playing through until the Mogai dies, then immediately exiting the game, then reopening in hopes that the cut scene triggers.
    3. Playing through until just before the Mogai spawns, then exiting and reopening.
    4. Killing the Mogai at various speeds (fast vs slowly).
    5. Engaging the Mogai, then letting fighters finish it off while moving to where the Reman scout reappears (tried this multiple times, was even successfully on top of the Reman scout once and no luck).
    6. Engaging the first Romulan ship in various ways (actually managed to break the game there as well, ending up with a flagged enemy Romulan ship and a flagged ally Romulan ship, who fight against each other - the ally always loses as it is unable to damage the enemy for some reason).
    7. Racing ahead of the scout to engage the Mogai at point blank range to kill it before the scout cloaks.
    8. Logging after the scout warps off, then logging back in.
    9. Flying to the edge of the map, warping off, then entering the mission again.
    10. Closing the program through task manager immediately after the Mogai dies, then restarting the game.
    11. And, of course, flying around the map in hopes that there is some point that needs to be crossed to trigger the cutscene/communication that allows you to progress through the mission.
    Nice try. I tried a few of those myself. No luck.
    bagehi wrote: »
    I spent a couple of hours yesterday, trying to find a work around with no success. Hopefully someone thinks of something I have not tried. Things I've tried:

1. Playing through it like normal (obviously)
    2. Playing through until the Mogai dies, then immediately exiting the game, then reopening in hopes that the cut scene triggers.
    3. Playing through until just before the Mogai spawns, then exiting and reopening.
    4. Killing the Mogai at various speeds (fast vs slowly).
    5. Engaging the Mogai, then letting fighters finish it off while moving to where the Reman scout reappears (tried this multiple times, was even successfully on top of the Reman scout once and no luck).
    6. Engaging the first Romulan ship in various ways (actually managed to break the game there as well, ending up with a flagged enemy Romulan ship and a flagged ally Romulan ship, who fight against each other - the ally always loses as it is unable to damage the enemy for some reason).
    7. Racing ahead of the scout to engage the Mogai at point blank range to kill it before the scout cloaks.
    8. Logging after the scout warps off, then logging back in.
    9. Flying to the edge of the map, warping off, then entering the mission again.
    10. Closing the program through task manager immediately after the Mogai dies, then restarting the game.
    11. And, of course, flying around the map in hopes that there is some point that needs to be crossed to trigger the cutscene/communication that allows you to progress through the mission.

• corebelotecorebelote Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have had the same issue. Even logging in a full day later and I get the same bug. After submitting a report I was told to make a thread so that it will be noticed, but seeing as there is already one I think I'll just add my voice to it.

I wonder if this is an issue for only Discovery Era characters in the game. I will see if this bug happens with other captains that I have in the other eras.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    corebelote wrote: »
    I have had the same issue. Even logging in a full day later and I get the same bug. After submitting a report I was told to make a thread so that it will be noticed, but seeing as there is already one I think I'll just add my voice to it.

I wonder if this is an issue for only Discovery Era characters in the game. I will see if this bug happens with other captains that I have in the other eras.

It happens to all characters. Whomever did the revamp of this mission forgot a small detail, like the popup screen with your crew member with the option to follow the Reman. Heck, the system description for the Dera system isn't even right. It's obvious this was never tested before being patched into the game.
  • kodesharkodeshar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    After the 2nd engagement with the romulans during the first part of the mission called "The Chase" during Frozen the 2nd cutscene never plays. Any help would be appreciated especially so i can finish it and get credit for it as part of my Delta Character experience. Thank you.
    Known bug.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I have the same bug. I tried countless times with my Jem'Hadar (KDF aligned).

Well @kaithan1975, what is the solution if you know it?

edited September 2019
    Same problem. I play as a Jem'Hadar, KDF aligned. Not sure if faction matters in this case. I was thinking of trying it with a second player (not sure if that could work or not - but no one online at this hour lol). In any case, this bug definitely has to be fixed as soon as possible, as it's game breaking for this mission and other things like require arcs to be 100% completed to get specific rewards.
    edited September 2019
    None. When they revamped the mission they omitted the popup screen with your crew member with the option to follow the Reman.
    edited September 2019
    I don't think it's faction specific. I've tried with Klingon and Fed and it works the same with both. Meaning, it doesn't work.
    Hopefully they will fix it.
    A shame. I also tried with a second player, and that didn't change anything either.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    It's broken since the latest Disco story line overlaps the system where Frozen starts.
  • gromit74gromit74 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i am playing as a federation tactical officer done all the tactical options and then used the mining laser control and nothing happens with no cutscene and gate not opened or anything this is the 3rd time i have trided it and still the same
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I have this bug as well. I hope they fix it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It seems like they need to fix a lot of bugs in the episode Frozen. Big fail by QA and why was this not tested on Tribble before going out?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    I have to report this bug on my end also, as I've encountered this bug with both my Federation and Klingon CAC/Avatars. Upon engaging the Mogai Warbird near that final satellite, the Reman Scout goes into warp. My 2nd attempt at the mission, I was able to spot where the Reman Scout went into warp; after dispatching the Mogai Warbird, I attempted to reach the last known position, but was not prompted.

My bridge officers would notify me that the Reman Scout was presently going into warp WHILE I was already engaged with the Mogai, and a critical mission requirement is to dispatch the warbird...and THEN follows the mission requirement of following the Reman Scout.

If this is not the appropriate platform to report this bug, then I am requesting a proper route for reporting this glitch, as it impairs my ability to complete the mission.
    edited September 2019
    STILL broken and not even a mention in the update notes. NOTHING in known problems. Are they even looking at this thread???