test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deuterium Surplus

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
I was looking at the patch notes for September 10 and I saw that when you finish Defense Contract the deuterium can be used for crafting in the engineering RD. Am I missing something, because I looked and nothing comes up.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You get a recipe so that you can craft the Deuterium Surplus directly.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    It does NOT work. I have done the mission twice now and nothing. Some are saying it has worked for them so what is the problem?? Is this only class specific? >:)
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    It didn't work for me either. Got my four deuterium (isn't that just a can of ginger ale?) and nothing else.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Do we have to rerun that mission? Cause I still can't craft it either, and now you're saying it still won't work to craft?
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Do we have to rerun that mission? Cause I still can't craft it either, and now you're saying it still won't work to craft?
    Try it and find out. It's the only way to be sure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    I didn't get the recipe either. I run that mission nearly daily and have yet to receive it. The first time I ran it after the update I only received three "cans" instead of the usual four. The can awarded from the mission contact upon completion was not awarded and I only got the ones from the three tanks. I believe that I probably should have received the recipe then, but due to some glitch I didn't. Since then, it plays no different than it has in the past.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
    Indeed it's partly bugged: have done it on about 5 toons now and each got it, but on the most recent I noticed it gave me the usual 4 deuterium canisters instead of the 3 and no ability to craft it as the others have. The bug is completely random as all my toons I used have maxed R&D on all.

Possible workaround is to just repeat it daily until it unlocks it, which I'll have to test another day due to cool-down.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    It's like trying to craft items in the BZ on Defera. That doesn't work most of the time (though for my Discovery Character, not at all).

Do any of those Characters have the Jem'Hadar Recipes from the second run through of 'Second Wave'?

Does the Deuterium Recipe show up as a Mission Reward?

Did you check other Schools to see if it ended up in Engines perhaps?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Is it worth the effort to craft? I suppose a consumable Evasive Maneuvers is nice, but I'm too lazy to bother :)
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Hell, I can't even find out how to access the mission on my new Discovery co-main.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    Hell, I can't even find out how to access the mission on my new Discovery co-main.

You need to actually fly to the Alhena system to get a hail, like some stone age space man.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User

You need to actually fly to the Alhena system to get a hail, like some stone age space man.

To my knowledge, it's always been that way.

Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
    To my knowledge, it's always been that way.
    Worse, it's a CONTACT, and not a system interact. :p So you fly to Alhena and, hail the Ferengi running the space station to get the mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    There's definitely some prerequisite to even getting that contact at Alhena. My max level alt got nothing flying right at it so couldn't test it at all. It probably depends on having completed a certain number of ordinary leveling missions.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    There's definitely some prerequisite to even getting that contact at Alhena. My max level alt got nothing flying right at it so couldn't test it at all. It probably depends on having completed a certain number of ordinary leveling missions.
    This is one of my conclusions. It may also be a trigger you can't satisfy as Rom or Jem. I'm not SURE about that, but I have 4 Rom and a Jem and NONE can do it.

Here's the data table I generated today:
    Melati, Fed Eng: got 4, no unlock
    Beltran, KDF Tac: no interact
    Eridian, Fed Sci: got 3, unlock after relog
    Chuft, Fed Tac: no interact
    Drexela, Fed Eng: got 3, immediate unlock
    7 of 13, Fed Tac: no interact
    Carnlan, Fed Sci: no interact
    Monica, Fed Eng: Got 4, no unlock
    Sekkoth, Fed Tac: no interact
    Diaula, RomF Sci: no interact
    Emani, RomK Eng: no interact
    Soheth, RomF Tac: no interact
    Slarg, KDF Sci: got 3, immediate unlock <Delta Recruit, finished all DR tasks
    Zdakek, RomK Eng: no interact <DR, not as far along
    Naxaia, Fed Tac: Got 4, no unlock <DR, mostly done
    Fanlaf-Du, TOS Eng: Got 4, no unlock <leveled via story missions
    Varan'Ika, JHK Eng: no interact
    Daystustoo, Dis Sci: got 3, unlock after relog <also leveled via story missions

Now I DID noticed something significant. If I saw a deuterium as a quest reward I didn't get the unlock. I did sometimes have to relog to see the unlock take effect though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Guys, you have to do all the missios that Franklin Drake gives you, then you can do Alhena and others, like the Donatu Sattelites and the S'himar
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    On every character it would seem.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I wish you could sell it on the exchange and/or dump it in your account bank. I have a ton of it on characters where I don't want to take up a device slot.
    Are you sure it takes up a Device Slot? I've got some other consumable that is just in Inventory and is availible for deployment.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Potentially stupid question but I have to ask, are you guys sure you're just not missing it in the menu? Also what had you tried restarting your game and such? I'm sure you guys have but I still have to ask. Are you guys sure you're a high enough level to craft it. Believe it gives it to you anyways but could swear they said you had to be 10 in engineering to actually craft. Also can you guys post what toons are missing the recipe that should have it? such as below:

toon name, captain type, captain faction.

If I were to do it on one of my toons it would be
    Kurimo'Rex, tactical vanguard Jem'hadar, federation alligned Jem'hadar.

Depending on what you guys tell me about your crafting levels and such will depend on whether myself or one of my cohorts moves this to the bug reporting area.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    Too many toons to go through and verify, but there's no set pattern I observed (ex. Roms vs Feds vs KDF).

Restart does not help. I tried it on my 2nd oldest toon, a Fed Bajoran Sci, didn't receive it, tried the next day (with obvious game restart), didn't receive it still.

All those toons I took it though are Max R&D (Lvl 20 on all).

On those that received the recipe, it pops up instantly in the R&D Engineering as soon as clicking the final dialogue pop up.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Guys, you have to do all the missios that Franklin Drake gives you, then you can do Alhena and others, like the Donatu Sattelites and the S'himar

Not true. You unlock it by completing "Skirmish", there's no need to do all the missione Drake gives you.

Question: I know the reward and the ones you can pick up from the tanks are BtC, but what about the crafted ones?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    It finally worked for me on the third try. The only thing I did differently was play the mission much more slowly - I did not even activate powers when I killed the cardassians. Maybe they fixed the bug or I just had to do it slow enough to actually register that the mission was done, who knows.
    It finally worked for me on the third try. The only thing I did differently was play the mission much more slowly - I did not even activate powers when I killed the cardassians. Maybe they fixed the bug or I just had to do it slow enough to actually register that the mission was done, who knows.
    I noticed a direct link between whether I saw a Deuterium in the mission rewards or not. It looks to me like you get one or the other. So if he offers to give you Deut he's NOT going to give a recipe.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I noticed a direct link between whether I saw a Deuterium in the mission rewards or not. It looks to me like you get one or the other. So if he offers to give you Deut he's NOT going to give a recipe.

What recipe? I didn't get any recipe, I just opened R&D and the deuterium was already there for crafting.
    What recipe? I didn't get any recipe, I just opened R&D and the deuterium was already there for crafting.
    It's not a real item yeah. But in all my plays of it if I got a Deuterium as a quest reward I didn't get the recipe unlocked.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Yep, one of my characters (Fed Tac delta recruit) who didn't get it unlocked yesterday did today. I just stayed away from the tanks so the pick up deuterium doesn't show up at the end. Was also thinking of doing the mission slower, but my intel dread just blew everything up real fast anyways, so no clue what to do yet to avoid the bug.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Not true. You unlock it by completing "Skirmish", there's no need to do all the missione Drake gives you.

Question: I know the reward and the ones you can pick up from the tanks are BtC, but what about the crafted ones?

Odd, because all those missions didn't unloked on my newest chars until i finish them all..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Should this thread be in PC Gameplay Bug Reports? If it should @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk please do the honors. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Odd, because all those missions didn't unloked on my newest chars until i finish them all..
    I assure you, you only need to do "Skirmish". I had a bunch of characters that didn't have the Alhena mission unlocked that I worked on when they announced the Deuterium schematic for R&D. Did nothing more than "Skirmish".

As for the crafting itself, @darkbladejk: I managed to unlock it on one toon - Aryss, orion, kdf, tactical - it requires level 0 and 75 skills. I crafted it with no problem with Engineering School at level 3.
    So, being a level 0 schematic, it should appear immediately when you unlock it, without the need to choose "Show all tasks" from the filters dropdown menu.

The one toon that would benefit more from having the schematic, though, seems to be out of luck:
    T'Banu, TOS (NOT a temporal agent), tactical.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.