test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation Marks Awards Direction

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
With the new Event System and new Patrol format we've had a few unannounced 'curveballs' thrown our way with respect to the award of Reputation Marks from this content.

First off, one of the enduring 'features' of Featured TFOs was that they allowed the selection of any Marks (sometimes not the latest one if it had just come out) as the completion reward. I guess in keeping with trying to simplify the very 'confusing' and 'complex' old Event system they simplified our lives by giving us only a dual choice: Fleet Marks or Discovery Marks. Less thinking required. Though I know an Uncorrupted Devil will rejoice in this change

Now as far as the new Patrols and reworked Delta Patrols, they no longer are eligible to receive the appropriate Daily Mark Bonus when completed. I understand they removed this previously from the revised Red Alerts. In that situation there is no cooldown for rerun. Patrols, when completed, have a 30 Minute cooldown. In fact, due to these changes these new or revised Patrols invoke the cooldown even if left before completion.

The Mark payout is now 15 Marks for these Patrols instead of the normal 10 that used to be the case. But the lack of the Daily Bonus Mark award negates that in that you would have to run 11 Patrols in a day to make that up.

This ain't our first rodeo when it comes to changes in Marks rewards.
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    To roughly quote another member from a different thread:
    Most changes I see are parts to limit or stop some player actions.

I do believe the hammer just came down in STO: Awakening, and for the most part the only conclusion I can come to so far is that the title for this new release certainly is fitting in it's own unique way :s

I'm definitely awake and don't appreciate being squeezed - there's no other term I can think of for things such as a 11 to 1 patrol marks change and lack of daily bonus marks for FTFO's, among other things.

No disrespect intended just my honest opinion. Every cloud has a silver lining and perhaps I'm just failing to see it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Featured TFO does get the Daily Bonus Marks, it's the Patrols that do not. The FTFO only gets a limited choice of Marks to choose from, Discovery or Fleet. The actual payout is low also at about 25.

I neglected to add this in the initial post. Cryptics own comments about the Daily Bonus Marks when they were being introduced:

'Here’s how it will work:

Complete a task that would award reputation marks
    Earn Daily Bonus Marks and the normal rewards for that task

It’s that simple. You can only earn Daily Bonus Marks for each reputation once per day though.'

And as far as the Marks Selection for the Featured TFO, I thought we were now in the present. If so, all those other Reputation Factions are within our realm of knowledge. If they want this to be Discovery Marks, that is the place of the TFO when it is no longer Featured.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited September 2019
    Post Deleted
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Oh come on now, I know full well you have been around more than long enough to know that there always have been and always will be exceptions to everything. Dill weekends don't double everything, Romulans can fly allied T6s, except certain ones. Everything has exceptions. The Daily bonus marks were never universal either.

Just because there are exception to any rules does not mean that one has to be happy about them or stop bringing his concern to the forums.

Everybody has the right to express his opinion, not just you dude. The difference in most cases is just that others somehow manage to do it the polite way. ;)

We look at a noticeable nerf here. I have no personal stake in it as it “forces” peeps more into PvE which I even like but it does not change the fact that those taking advantage of marks from patrols can’t do so anymore.

They have every right to complain.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited September 2019
    Not for non content. You never got the Daily if you were awarded Marks from opening an Endeavor Award or an Event Award, or a low Tier Awards in a Battlezone, or for the few Episodes that had actual Marks Awards in them. But until this, you ran a Patrol you got the Bonus. This is a change.

Since you brought up Bonus Weekends, if you recall we used to get the Bonus Marks or Bonus Dilitium on a lot more stuff in the past. But when they removed the Weekend Bonus applicability from a number of items (Tier 5 Reputation Awards, Marks and Elite Marks conversions, Event conclusion Awards, Eppoh, Bird, or Monkey turnins) they told us beforehand. Klingon and Ferengi Admiralty Tour of Duty 10 of 10 rewards never got the Weekend Bonus but again they said so. Not like this, no visibility on Tribble, no mention in Blogs or Patch Notes.

Back to the Daily Bonus Marks, if you ran content, a Patrol, a TFO, a New Romulus Area Main Assignment you got the Daily Bonus (things like the trivial Marks Awards from tagging Eppohs, New Romulus Red Alerts didn't).

By the way, only VIP Mining Claims or mining in the Fleet Mine or Vlugta gave the 100% Bonus, everything else was 50%.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Featured TFO does get the Daily Bonus Marks, it's the Patrols that do not. The FTFO only gets a limited choice of Marks to choose from, Discovery or Fleet. The actual payout is low also at about 25.
    What featured TFO? Currently there isn't one in-game. Yes, Mycelial Realm is 'featured', but not an FTFO. Is this a new direction? No comment. Did I originally assume it was featured? Yes, in error. Should it be and offer a full choice of marks? No comment.
    ...The actual payout is low also at about 25.
    Payout for the TFO Mycelial Realm that's associated with the current event is full, not 25.

[9/11 11:43] [Team] Protoneous@Protoneous: gg, ty
    [9/11 11:43] [System] You received 480 Dilithium Ore
    [9/11 11:43] [System] You received 2,966 Specialization Experience
    [9/11 11:43] [System] You received 2,708 Expertise
    [9/11 11:43] [System] Item acquired: Normal Queue R&D Material Reward Package
    [9/11 11:43] [System] You received 40 Discovery Marks
    [9/11 11:43] [System] You received 55 Discovery Marks
    [9/11 11:43] [System] You received 30 Appointment Progress - Mycelial Event

Apologies to all for not fact checking before posting. Apologies to Itminns for destroying your thread. Fiddlesticks. Previous post deleted. I stand by my original post. Taking a break in-game. Shooting at bad guys and saving the known galaxy is still fun and relaxing. I can say that with certainty.
    The actual payout is low also at about 25.
    "Progress" is 30 dangit. rofl.

QhEA5Za.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    In making it easier to do patrols they also make it significantly less desirable to do patrols? Well this is a stupid change if intentional.

There is no reason patrols shouldn't give daily marks. They are approximately as fast as most battlezone control points all of which give daily marks, two sets in the case of the Badlands. I think even the easy little missions in the Dyson sphere give daily marks, as do the New Romulus activities.

Lets hope this is an oversight of switching over to a new system for patrols, because daily marks are critical for leveling multiple characters through reputations at a reasonable pace.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Not for non content. You never got the Daily if you were awarded Marks from opening an Endeavor Award or an Event Award, or a low Tier Awards in a Battlezone, or for the few Episodes that had actual Marks Awards in them. But until this, you ran a Patrol you got the Bonus. This is a change.

Since you brought up Bonus Weekends, if you recall we used to get the Bonus Marks or Bonus Dilitium on a lot more stuff in the past. But when they removed the Weekend Bonus applicability from a number of items (Tier 5 Reputation Awards, Marks and Elite Marks conversions, Event conclusion Awards, Eppoh, Bird, or Monkey turnins) they told us beforehand. Klingon and Ferengi Admiralty Tour of Duty 10 of 10 rewards never got the Weekend Bonus but again they said so. Not like this, no visibility on Tribble, no mention in Blogs or Patch Notes.

Back to the Daily Bonus Marks, if you ran content, a Patrol, a TFO, a New Romulus Area Main Assignment you got the Daily Bonus (things like the trivial Marks Awards from tagging Eppohs, New Romulus Red Alerts

By the way, only VIP Mining Claims or mining in the Fleet Mine or Vlugta gave the 100% Bonus, everything else was 50%.

Yeah, the lack of info about the changes is troublesome, no matter how many are happy that the "grinding bs" has been stopped (as if that did anything but make life easier for those that choose to go for it).
    I can see two reasons for this:
    1) It's not intended and they're gonna fix it SoonTM (though the patch notes for today's downtime make no mentions of this);
    2) It was intended and they didn't say anything to avoid the inevitable backlash (better to ask for forgiveness than permission, uh?).

There's also the fact that they advertised the new Patrols as awarding dilithium
    Patrols will give you skill points, dilithium ore, and a small number of Marks of your choice upon completion. In addition, patrols are set up to give extra skill points for defeating enemies—including points earned toward starship mastery!
    (Source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11240293-new-ways-to-play-patrols!)
    Unless me and 90% of my fleetmates have been really, really unlucky... they don't.

Again, though, no mention of this in today's downtime patch notes.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Patrols are clearly modeled after alerts rewardswise.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    @ltminns The daily Marks bonus is getting fixed. Patrols should be awarding them.

@jennycolvin While the new Discovery Patrols aren't awarding Dilithium, the revamped Delta Patrols do. And all of these new Patrols are awarding bonus XP, including Starship Mastery.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    @baddmoonrizin True that, though I never said otherwise. The bonus XP is nice, I'm not gonna lie, I just wish they told us of the changes before making them.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    @jennycolvin I'm sorry. What unannounced change are you referring to?
    GrWzQke.png
    @baddmoonrizin The same ones @ltminns spoke of in his OP:
    - Marks choice reduced to either Fleet or Discovery for the FTFO (though I'm kinda on the fence on being able to call "Mycelial Realm" a real Featured, because of how the new system works);
    - 30 mins cooldown even when leaving a Patrol before finishing it.

I'm not counting the no Daily Bonus Marks because you said is getting fixed, (do you have a link about that, btw? I forgot to ask when answering you before. Sorry, my memory is going down the drain tiger-13.gif), and the Dilthium not being awarded by the new Patrols is obviously a bug, too.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

Marks choice for TFO: Discovery/Fleet. I didn't ask on this, but seeing as there's been a recent move to reduce "Choice of All Marks" in content, I'm assuming this was by design as it's a Discovery related TFO.

I'm rather annoyed with the 30 min cooldown on Patrols before finishing as I inadvertently entered one teamed up with someone somehow so I left. Got the cooldown. But I believe this may have something to do with grinding Patrols (looking at you Argala).

No link on the daily Marks bonus. I personally asked about this after seeing this thread and got that answer.

The Dilithium I didn't ask about, though. Delta Patrols are awarding Dilithium. Discovery Patrols are not. I assumed this was by design, and may have more to do with them being part of the Event at this time. I can try to check on that.
    GrWzQke.png
    Marks choice for TFO: Discovery/Fleet. I didn't ask on this, but seeing as there's been a recent move to reduce "Choice of All Marks" in content, I'm assuming this was by design as it's a Discovery related TFO.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. I was just not sure because I don't know if we need to consider MR like a FTFO or not.
    I'm rather annoyed with the 30 min cooldown on Patrols before finishing as I inadvertently entered one teamed up with someone somehow so I left. Got the cooldown. But I believe this may have something to do with grinding Patrols (looking at you Argala).
    You're preaching to the choir, here.
    No link on the daily Marks bonus. I personally asked about this after seeing this thread and got that answer.
    So, the link will actually be your post. Cool! (I manage the news channel on our fleet discord's server and I always try to put in the source, so everyone can go check it out for themselves!)
    The Dilithium I didn't ask about, though. Delta Patrols are awarding Dilithium. Discovery Patrols are not. I assumed this was by design, and may have more to do with them being part of the Event at this time. I can try to check on that.
    That would be appreciated, thank you!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

See, you used the word 'Event', in that case the TFO is Featured for the Event. No one is saying that the TFO should award more than Discovery or Fleet when it is no longer part of an Event. But we all know well, that when a TFO was part of or the main show of an Event, it always awarded Choice Marks.

Peril over Pahvo
    Pahvo Dissension
    Operation Riposte

And don't forget the
    Crystalline Cataclysm/Catastrophe
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    100% of my own concerns have been addressed. Thanks BMR.
    Update: Dilithium missing from the Discovery Patrols is a bug and is also being addressed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Thank you!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

Patrols are not modeled after Red Alerts as far as rewards are concerned. Blue Moon Red Alerts have no cooldown.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Patrols are not modeled after Red Alerts as far as rewards are concerned. Blue Moon Red Alerts have no cooldown.
    A cooldown is not a reward.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I'm definitely not a fan of this cooldown change. It reminds me of something they did back in Delta Rising, but got a ton of flak over. Still, it's really not cool to just make changes like this without telling, as if they had the idea that if they could avoid backlash, bad decisions don't become so bad? It's a whole lot of tribbles.
    It's not a Reward but it affects the Rewards to Time Ratio, hence it affects the overall Rewards you can obtain from a task in a time period.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.