test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Lifetime Subscription Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC can save $100 on a Lifetime Subscription for more than a month!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10818804

Comments

• drahga007drahga007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2018
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hmmm I am pretty sure it use to be $100 off... guess they cut it back by a dollar?
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    hmmm I am pretty sure it use to be $100 off... guess they cut it back by a dollar?

What are you talking about? A savings of $100 is the same as $100 off. The sale price is $199.99 same as it has always been.

What are you talking about? A savings of $100 is the same as $100 off. The sale price is $199.99 same as it has always been.

I would say to see post before mine but it has since been "voided"
  • orondeiorondei Member Posts: 2 Arc User

That is what it is now, and that is what they advertised, but the last time I checked it about 6 hours ago, the price said $200.99 33% off. Now, it says $199.99 $100 off, which is what they advertised. Someone initially commented about this sale on a thread for a sale back in November. Some people replied on this thread to comments made on the other thread somehow. So you are missing some of the posts. I'm guessing they intended this sale to be 33% off but recycled content for the news article from a previous sale, which was $100 off and were then forced to change it to match their advertised price. The console sale, which started a day later, says 33% off. So they're likely paying a dollar more because they had not advertised for the console sale before they realized their mistake on the PC sale.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Almost right. We intended the sale to be $100 off, and it ended up being 33% off so we changed it back.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    orondei wrote: »

That is what it is now, and that is what they advertised, but the last time I checked it about 6 hours ago, the price said $200.99 33% off. Now, it says $199.99 $100 off, which is what they advertised. Someone initially commented about this sale on a thread for a sale back in November. Some people replied on this thread to comments made on the other thread somehow. So you are missing some of the posts. I'm guessing they intended this sale to be 33% off but recycled content for the news article from a previous sale, which was $100 off and were then forced to change it to match their advertised price. The console sale, which started a day later, says 33% off. So they're likely paying a dollar more because they had not advertised for the console sale before they realized their mistake on the PC sale.

Yeah, it looks like I missed a comment that was edited out before I got here. Which was the cause of my confusion. But thank you for explaining all that. It makes tigeraries post make sense now.
  • ocsrevalocsreval Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have tried to purchase the lifetime subscription with three different credit cards to no avail..... What's up, guys???!!!???
  • rohakenrohaken Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's cool you can keep the $1.00 I was over charged lol....
    ocsreval wrote: »
    I have tried to purchase the lifetime subscription with three different credit cards to no avail..... What's up, guys???!!!???

call your credit card company... see if they are denying the charge. if not try paypal. I've had issues with PWE not taking credit cards directly for some odd reason. using paypal with the same credit card worked thou.
  • mpazymmpazym Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Not to sound like a sales advert, but few things in gaming have paid for themselves like my "Career Officer" purchase. (In case anyone is on the fence about it.)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Well, the LTS isn't showing in the "change sub. list" anymore, and the price has gone up from around 150€ the last time i checked to 199€ now, which is nearly 245$. I was ready to get a LTS this time, but that's way too much for my taste...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • felixananas#8219 felixananas Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    yeahh.... :/
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    And btw. the link for the support
    https://secure.crypticstudios.com/support
    leads to a 404 page "The page you requested could not be found." at the moment too...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • gelipter#0718 gelipter Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    A 100 dollars is maybe not expensive for an american, but for me it is 3 times more expensive. That price is not balanced with the rest of the world !
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    A 100 dollars is maybe not expensive for an american, but for me it is 3 times more expensive. That price is not balanced with the rest of the world !

It's because we're the best & everyone else is less so our Trumpinator tells us so. But all vomiting sarcasm aside, a hundred bucks is a lot for many US Americans too just like anybody in the world.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    My Life time sub paid for itself years ago, just in the Zen I've gotten back every month, so I definitely find it recommendable, especially when it's on sale.

If you're going to bring the sale again, though, this would be a good time to blog about whatever Veteran rewards are coming for Dominion characters. Hint, hint.
  • ravenkirkravenkirk Member Posts: 1 New User
    I Want to buy the Life Time Sub but need the $199.99 Sale, When will it be on sale again?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.