test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE Devs.. add hair options I'm offering a bribe of cookies!!!

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
PLEASE give us longer, fuller hair! I swear i will mail you a dozen home made cookies a week for a year!

I want my admirals hair to look like this
rwby___yang_xiao_long_by_kp_acejo-d6p5ekg.jpg
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    Please change your thread title to be less vague. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Space Barbie is the true endgame. Upvoted!

Also add other oft-requested styles like the M'Ress hair for Catians.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    63072a27916333be6bde2d5dac7ee39b--rwby-anime-manga-anime.jpg
    You be Yang. if they give us hair bows I'll be Blake
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Hell... add in Weiss style ponytail and we can have the whole team. I think there's one already in game that makes a good Ruby. Now if only we can make decent Blake and Weiss cosplay outfits. I got an awesome Yang and Ruby already...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    what outfits do you use for Yang?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,493 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Another hair type that would be good is more kinky-curl hair styles besides just the one that is shaved off on one side, and dreads that cover the entire scalp instead of just the Klingon ones.

Another thing that would be great is controllable highlight color or streak color to make things like the black-with-red-highlights color that is sometimes called "blood", and/or streaked hair. The "punk" style already has that to some degree, but the cut is very niche and the ability to do that with more conventional longer or fuller styles would be fantastic.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    I just want any of the hair that is already in the game but isn't available, like Tilly's, Killy's, and Landry's.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    By the way so we have any "past the shoulder line" hairstyles in game? Just asking as long flowing hairstyles like suggested ones are a pain to animate properly from what I've hear, well anything that flows freely but hair is the most relevant here (even in RWBY which is the source of those pics those hairstyles don't always flow quite right especially Yang's in the early seasons). Also IIRC STO has 0 hair physics so long hair would look really wierd.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    I've always wanted a teenage Ino Yamanaka style high ponytail with a sweeping bang.

I am very pleased with the new hairstyles added in, the Seven of Nine classic bun is absolutely beautiful, but I'd like a few more.
    I just want any of the hair that is already in the game but isn't available, like Tilly's, Killy's, and Landry's.

And now, Burnham's season 3 braids. Please and Thank you.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'll add to this post my current ideas. As true fans, it extends the life of the game, the more customization we can do to our characters and bridge officers, the better. And THANK YOU for the new hairstyles now being given to us.

I have some ideas when possible.

1. Take already existing hairstyles and offer 2 versions. The symmetrical and asymmetrical versions. For example, one is called "Long hair 2." It's asymmetrical, showing only one ear on one side. Can you make a symmetrical version by showing both ears, but leave the top, back, and front of the hairstyle the same.

2. Please add more color highlights. All hairstyles should have minimum 2 color swatches. We can always use the same color for both if we just want solid color styles for our characters.

3. Pony tails. Most are fine, but some are too far away from the head or too high on the back of the head. Could you offer variations, like variant 2 is closer to the head, variant 3 is lower on the head, and variant 4, the hair is longer.

4. I understand the dynamic of the game won't allow flowing long hair. Please offer added versions of existing hairstyles with hair that reaches mid back.

5. Hairstyles with dual hair buns, one on either side of the head. One version low on the head like Princess Leia, but mostly dual hair buns high and a bit back on the head.

6. Female Romulans have some hairstyles with very sharp, almost V shaped cuts. Could you add additional variations of those haircuts, but longer. Some before the shoulder, others at the shoulder, and the third reaches to the mid back, past the shoulder.

7. More variations to Klingon hair styles. Some longer, others braided, and others with buns.

8. Consider long braided hair, it's easier to have than flowing hair.

Thank you.

Again, all these are female hairstyles. THANK YOU for your help.
    Post edited by mrlostsoul#1950 on
    edited February 2020
    HMN-LG-Hair-Ponytail4.jpg
    Human-Long-Hair-2b.jpg
    Human-Short-Hair-1b.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Too much animu! :p
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou