test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So How Long are the New Mission/Que/Patrols?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
so how long are they? What are the mission rewards? any reason to play it more than once?

Is the new Que a space one or ground? Or one for each so folks can choose?

Guessing you need to choose one of the 5 new patrols for the event... so how long are they and do they have any time gates built into the patrol? Do they have a cool down or can you do em again and again.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    It's a ground queue, takes maybe 10-15 minutes depending on how quickly your teammates figure out how the objectives work and spread out to take them.

The two patrols I tried are pretty much in line with existing patrol missions near New Romulus and the Delta Quadrant. Two patrols and the queue add up to maybe 40 minutes of playing in a ship that's not exactly great.

As for the new episode, the rewards are listed in the mission log. I probably wouldn't bother running it more than once per toon.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    the mission is a ground mission. there is no hard gates. I did it on normal and it was smooth and took 10 min. I wasn't certain what was happening at the end so there may be some potential there for problems on advanced. While the mechanics seem involved they actually work out very easily.

I did the Madran mission on hard - took 4 minutes. Very straightforward.

I did the ruins of doom on hard - took 5 min. there's some radiation or explosion thing going on that I was ignoring and takes you down to like 40% I guess it's the spores or something. Avoiding this will make it easier.

probably I will do them on normal in maybe 3.5 minutes.

All in all I commend the team. The time is fair for me. I can do my endeavors, a little admiraly and my 60 points in 30-35 minutes, which is what I can spare.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Try them and find out, its what I'm gonna do.

Please stop with these kind of replies. If you don't know the answer to someone's question, that's fine. But replying just to tell them to go find out themselves is rude and not helpful at all.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Try them and find out, its what I'm gonna do.

I would but you know... work and stuff. /shrug

some prior knowledge and planning... you know cause... knowing is half the battle!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The patrols seem to give a decent amount of ship mastery XP. I needed 4,526 XP for tier 5 on one ship and doing the Madran patrol on normal difficulty finished it.

You only get 15 marks of choice and no daily bonus, but 15 is better than the 0 from the old system, and jumping right into the patrol system then back to where you started is also much better.

I'm happy with the new patrol system.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

I did the ruins of doom on hard - took 5 min. there's some radiation or explosion thing going on that I was ignoring and takes you down to like 40% I guess it's the spores or something. Avoiding this will make it easier.

That's hargh'peng radiation. Stamets tells you that at the beginning.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    ok - mission is beneath the skin. no real point to do this over again.

reward at max level is a very rare personal shield, no one would ever use if they have any other rep shields. also can NOT be salvaged. Looks like you can vendor trash it. Other reward you can choose is a BO... Elachi. Not Like I would ever use it. you got one the 1st time forced down your throat, on replays you can choose to get another one... yeah. should of made it a Duty Officer instead. Have X number of em and make it all random which you get would of been better.

new task force is basically the same mission almost... everyone picks up a bug and each map you need to clear more probes... final mission is at the base and I didnt know what the heck was going on either... something about consoles but it's not clearly marked... way too many visual particles going off, basically kill and have someone click consoles. /shrug also no elite version or you can only get discovery marks but no elite mark. maybe after event they will roll out elite version. /shrug sort of dampens my interest in playing it.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    ok - mission is beneath the skin. no real point to do this over again.

If you replay it and blast through the dialogue.. it's a very short mission that gets you 45 of your 60 daily points. It's shorter to replay then the TFO, you don't have to rely on others.. and it gives more daily points..

but sure.. no real point. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Like the episode but the whole elachi connection kinda seems forced, out of nowhere and pretty inconsistent with the other stuff cantered about the elachi.

Did the new TFO and I have to argee that the last stage is pretty chaotic and kinda frustrating. Like if the mission requires that you interact with a console you shouldn't be interrupted by random AOE TRIBBLE.
    Also reports have come in that this last stage tends to bug out with unkillable npcs at the "defeat the remaining elachi" portion, so there's that. So generally I'd avoid it till it's fixed and the get event progress through patrols.
    Post edited by seriousdave on
    Like the episode but the whole elachi connection kinda seems forced, out of nowhere and pretty inconsistent with the other stuff cantered about the elachi.

Did the new TFO and I have to argee that the last stage is pretty chaotic and kinda frustrating. Like if the mission requires that you interact with a console you shouldn't be interrupted by random AOE TRIBBLE.
    Also reports have come in that this last stage tends to bug out with unkillable npcs at the "defeat the remaining elachi" portion, so there's that. So generally I'd avoid it till it's fixed and the get event progress through patrols.

did this on alt accounts for the uni endeavor... final boss battle is tricky. you need to do the consoles but random aoe can interrupt ya. but there are 3? ground bosses. 2 of them get a bubble that makes em immune to all damage. so you need to switch to the correct one and burn down and switch when needed. problem is they all look alike and are stack on top of each other in a very cramped space. hard to target with mouse. tab target is better but still hard to tell who has bubble immune buff.

another point is that doing this in a group is hit or miss... some just shoot elachi and dont care waiting on timer to run down or they all group at 1 probe and wont multi task the probes... actually failed the optional on the probes.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User

did this on alt accounts for the uni endeavor... final boss battle is tricky. you need to do the consoles but random aoe can interrupt ya. but there are 3? ground bosses. 2 of them get a bubble that makes em immune to all damage. so you need to switch to the correct one and burn down and switch when needed. problem is they all look alike and are stack on top of each other in a very cramped space. hard to target with mouse. tab target is better but still hard to tell who has bubble immune buff.

another point is that doing this in a group is hit or miss... some just shoot elachi and dont care waiting on timer to run down or they all group at 1 probe and wont multi task the probes... actually failed the optional on the probes.

It's the first day so many people are still learning what they are supposed to do.

That's no guarantee they'll ever learn of course.

It's the first day so many people are still learning what they are supposed to do.

That's no guarantee they'll ever learn of course.

one can hope... but you figure it out when doing the mission ep.

psa on probes: if your bug is eating away at the corruption and you die... do NOT release or res. your bug is still eating. if you release you and your bug ports away and it needs to be redone.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I scr*wed up this morning. I ran the Episode for the first time and the Patrol 'The Ninth Rule' for the first time and thought I was OK for the Daily. I still had about 35 minutes cooldown for today. I had also been doing a bunch of LOTRO Dailies, which reset at 3am and just blindly went into doing these. I'll have to rerun later. Eh. :(

Unfortunately, unless you get damage type Endeavors, this content is not going to synergize well with Endeavors.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    The TFO is pretty awful. Do the same thing 3 or 4 times on different islands, then do a poorly explained (I don't remember it saying anything about consoles) boss battle at the end
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    My problem with a few of the patrols is the last mob battle is an endless spawn until an invisible timer runs out, then all of a sudden you get the "defeat remaining" bit. The last patrol mission is alright, set number of battles and it ends like a normal patrol should.

So Ninth Rule, Rescue and Search and Ruins of Doom each have the invisible timer on the final battle.
    Sentinels does not.
    Haven't tried Within the Briars yet.

Mission is about 17-18 minutes long if you skip all the dialog and cutscenes.

TFO is ok, but my first try at it I was dropped into one that had the bugged end so had to quit and join another. Won't be doing this again until they fix it.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I played the new PvE ground map three times by now. On the second run I knew what to do, on the third I knew my way around the terrain. We did not take any time measurements so far but the whole thing can be done well below or at least around 10 minutes in a disciplined team of at least 3 players. I hope we get advanced and elite modes later on and I will hold my judgment on the new map here till then but from the looks of things the map is a very cool addition to the game and I hope it is here to stay.

The 4 patrols I did so far were all a bit boring (time is around 8 minutes as promised). Nothing special in either a good or bad way. While invisible timers on infinite spawns annoy for the current task at hand (do the event) they could prove useful later on if one is on the quest for masteries.

In any case my daily stands for the next 18 days. 1 x the new PvE + 2 patrols and call it even after around 25 minutes.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Within the Briars patrol is the most frustrating experience I have had in game in years it was that bad it completely put me off patrols and I won’t go near that one again solo in its current form. No idea how long it took but I must have spent 10+mins just sitting there bored waiting for red alert timers so I could interact with the objects which failed 8 times out of 10 triggering another long red alert wait.

Half of it was just sitting bored waiting for red alert to end for the 20th + time. Far too many pointless popups and I would be seconds away on the radiation only for it to fail suddenly get pulled back into red alert for yet another long wait.

Rescue the Search was also poor although nowhere near as frustrating and Briars. The last half of it is pretty decent but it let down by the first half with again to many pointless popups and click menus with waiting for Red Alert to end before you can talk to anyone.

So far the 2 new patrols I tried have completely failed to capture the nice short story and fun flow of the Argala patrol. That one I can play 100+ times and not get bored while the above 2 patrols experience was that bad I logged out the game being put off playing.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Within the Briars patrol is the most frustrating experience I have had in game in years it was that bad it completely put me off patrols and I won’t go near that one again solo in its current form. No idea how long it took but I must have spent 10+mins just sit there bored waiting for red alert timers so I could interact with the objects which failed 8 times out of 10 triggering another long red alert wait.

Half of it was just sitting bored waiting for red alert to end for the 20th + time. Far too many pointless popups and I would be seconds away on the radiation only for it to fail suddenly get pulled back into red alert for yet another long wait.

Rescue the Search was also poor although nowhere near as frustrating and Briars. The last half of it is pretty decent but it let down by the first half with again to many pointless popups and click menus with waiting for Red Alert to end before you can talk to anyone.

So far the 2 new patrols I tried have completely failed to capture the nice short story and fun flow of the Argala patrol. That one I can play 100+ times and not get bored while the above 2 patrols experience was that bad I logged out the game being put off playing.
    Yeah...after this event, I plan to never touch any of the new patrols ever again.
    I agree. Given their current structure/rewards they hardly serve any purpose beyond the current event. :/

I can't stand Argala, never play it.
    I'm curious, what makes you think anybody cares?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I can't stand Argala, never play it. No complaints on the new ones thus far though.
    What I like about Argala is the story is concise and flows with my actions without time gates and without me having to constantly pause or wait for Red Alert timers. I like the way the NPC’s and environment story happens alongside my actions without the need to click or drop out of Red Alert. I have a lot of fun in Argala on Elite.

When the devs said they are looking at Argala and are basing the new patrols off Argala that’s is what I was expecting. For me at least the devs seem to have missed the point on what was good about Argala and have not translated the good parts over to the new patrols. (based on the patrols I have played as I have not done them all yet)

Another mission I love is Stranded in Space for similar reasons as it flows really well. While the new patrols at least the ones I tried are just consent pausing and consent waiting for Red Alert to end which breaks the flow. Within the Briars needs seriously looking at as its practically broken at least with the builds I fly in game. Having to wait for Red Alert to end 20+ times is not short or fun. If the rest are like Briars I am not touching patrols even for the event. Waiting for Red Alert to end made Brairs take longer than the new TFO.
This discussion has been closed.