test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yes thank you Cryptic! Now that Romulans/Jems can wear Starfleet/kdf uniforms what do you think?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11252073
For those that have not seen them yet.
Character:
Starfleet aligned Jem’Hadar and Romulan Captains will now have access to all Starfleet uniforms.

Klingon aligned Jem’Hadar and Romulan Captains will now have access to all Klingon uniforms.

Been hoping to one day being able to use all the fed stuff I bought with my romulan characters. Now I will be able to do this. Got to really appreciate this move. Now non fed and kdf factions will have more options. Can even do a Starfleet Romulan now with the proper starfleet uniforms.
Rub hands in anticipation. For sure going to be playing around with the tailor tomorrow.
*Edited the title since the patch has been released*
Going by what I'm seeing they didn't add the dil outfits into the dil store for romulans, and the diplomacy outfit that feds but not roms can get seems to not be there either. Also this change where the outfits are opened up does not include unique bridge officers. I've personally checked this so no dressing up Tovan in a Odyssey uniform nor the other starting romulan bridge officers. (Edit I thought Hiven had the options but I mixed him up with another bridge officer I had so my bad he doesn't have the options either.
Seven of nine borg eyepiece seems to still be missing for romulan characters as well.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    I wonder if our BOFFs will be able to as well. As I have two Romulan's on my BOFF stations i want to get into my ships uniform :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Known Issues:
    * The Bridge Officer Power, “Augmented Boarding Party”, does not grant dreadnought admiralty cards.

A boff power was supposed to grant Admiralty cards? Is it April again already?

That is good news about giving access to faction uniforms. Hopefully it does apply to all Romulan boffs too.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    lol good catch
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Known Issues:
    * The Bridge Officer Power, “Augmented Boarding Party”, does not grant dreadnought admiralty cards.

That is good news about giving access to faction uniforms. Hopefully it does apply to all Romulan boffs too.

I'd imagine it does. But i'm not sure about the fleet embassy romulan officers as I think those didn't even have the romulan republic uniforms but I'd imagine mainstream romulan bridge officers would be able to wear the starfleet uniforms. *edit* Going by what I read about the embassy ones they don't have access to the republic uniforms because there is no way for feds or kdf to unlock those. If they could wear the other stuff like the tos and tng tv uniforms then I'd imagine they might also be able to wear starfleet uniforms now. If its opened up as an option for both players and bridge officers.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    foxman00 wrote: »
    I wonder if our BOFFs will be able to as well. As I have two Romulan's on my BOFF stations i want to get into my ships uniform :)

Indeed, that's my question. The only reason I refuse to use my Vanguard Jem'Hadar boffs is they lack the proper uniform options and their Dominion cosplay sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise professional Starfleet crew.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Excellent. The factionism keeps crumbling. Looks like I will have outfits to buy this week.
    Known Issues:

Yes. The new lockbox contains a boff power that lets you capture enemy ships as one-shot Admiralty cards.
    edited September 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    Excellent. The factionism keeps crumbling. Looks like I will have outfits to buy this week.
    Known Issues:

Yes. The new lockbox contains a boff power that lets you capture enemy ships as one-shot Admiralty cards.

My guess a bug preventing it from working. I'm sure they might get it working soon. *Shrugs*
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Okay, next on my uniform wish list is to use the standard Fed palette on the standard Rom uniforms - I really think I could make something nice if I weren't stuck with pastels. Devs? :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    I am a sucker for new outfit choices. :D But I'm curious as to if this change will cover other special outfits like any Fed/Terran specific uniforms from the lobi store or even fleet uniforms for that matter? I haven't been in the fleet uniform creator in a while since we finished up the fed one. The options for Romulan fleet members was extremely lackluster.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, next on my uniform wish list is to use the standard Fed palette on the standard Rom uniforms - I really think I could make something nice if I weren't stuck with pastels. Devs? :smile:

Preach Reverend Sills...Preach! ;)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    edited September 2019
    I am a sucker for new outfit choices. :D But I'm curious as to if this change will cover other special outfits like any Fed/Terran specific uniforms from the lobi store or even fleet uniforms for that matter? I haven't been in the fleet uniform creator in a while since we finished up the fed one. The options for Romulan fleet members was extremely lackluster.

I hope that lobi outfits also count towards romulans being able to use all federation and kdf outfits. One will have to see if it is when the servers come back up and people are patched in. Then maybe let us know for sure.

I hope that lobi outfits also count towards romulans being able to use all federation and kdf outfits. One will have to see if it is when the servers come back up and people are patched in. Then maybe let us know for sure.

Oh I will. Going to see if I can change into my fleet's fed uniform before I head off to acquire some more lobi for the Terran Empire outfit I want for my Rommie toon. ;)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Someone please test if Fed uniform restriction change applies to lobi ones as well.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

As much as I wouldd like to counter your skepticism with the obvious meaning of the word "all," the Fed mirror ships still being forbidden for romulans a year after they were supposed to be unlocked reminds me not to assume everything will work as intended.

Or in other words, I'm sure it's supposed to include all uniforms as it says, but we'll indeed have to see if it actually does.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I'd love to be able to complete a Tal Shiar uniform....but apparently it's more important to give her a Starfleet uniform even though she isn't and never will be part of Starfleet.
    edited September 2019
    Uniform options for fed are there. So they did in fact open them all up like it says in the patch notes but the 22 century maco and other unique dil outfits are not available for purchase it seems and the tier 4 diplomacy outfit I don't think they have made available for romulans as I checked on my one romulan and I don't think the option was there for the diplomacy outfit and bad news for those wanting to do things with their bridge officers. They didn't do this for Bridge Officers so only player captains can have fed uniforms it seems. By the looks of it I checked. *Edit seems to be only an issue with starting romulan bridge officers others you get after joining up with a faction seem to have the options.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to complete a Tal Shiar uniform....but apparently it's more important to give her a Starfleet uniform even though she isn't and never will be part of Starfleet.

Ah... but some uniforms also make decent casual wear. For example the DS9 open jacket can be colored differently, and make a good sweat jacket over a shirt.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    lianthelia wrote: »

Ah... but some uniforms also make decent casual wear. For example the DS9 open jacket can be colored differently, and make a good sweat jacket over a shirt.
    Yeah. Basically all outfit parts can be made into far more than just the thing they're named as. The few exceptions are only exceptions because of artificial restrictions on customizing or combining them.
    edited September 2019
    Has anyone managed to see if the lobi fed outfits are usable by romulans like the mirror outfits? By any chance? Just wondering.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The Jem'Hadar Starfleet Officers aboard my ships can finally wear their proper Odyssey uniform like the rest of their shipmates, no forced Jem'Hadar Vanguard cosplay... I can finally start to use them on Starfleet characters.

Though they still don't have the White tubes as an option and the regular Jem'Hadar uniform still seems to be a Dominion player exclusive, with my Starfleet Jem'Hadar not having access to either.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    edited September 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @thevampinator said:
    > Has anyone managed to see if the lobi fed outfits are usable by romulans like the mirror outfits? By any chance? Just wondering.

I am also curious, my Fed Rom is currently using a Dyson jacket to fake the Beyond excursion jacket, now that is actually coming I wanna know if he can wear it.
    Yes all factions can wear the new kelvin timeline survivor outfit. Just not sure on the mirror federation outfits. I bought it with my romulan character I'm currently playing with.
    I picked up all the terran empire outfits from all the eras and my Fedrom could wear them all.

The only part I've found so far that remains locked to "real" Feds is 7 of 9's face implants.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for all the testing guys -- my Romulans will all be visiting the tailor soon.

Next on the wish list is removing the ancient palette restrictions for all factions. Let us make a grimdark Fed or a bright happy colored KDF!
    I picked up all the terran empire outfits from all the eras and my Fedrom could wear them all.

The only part I've found so far that remains locked to "real" Feds is 7 of 9's face implants.

Thank you for letting us know this. Yeah the seven of nine peice is missing from romulan players. I'm hoping they do correct it. So they do have it.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish they could do this with certain species too, even if you had to pay for them in the c-store.
    edited September 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @thevampinator said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yes all factions can wear the new kelvin timeline survivor outfit. Just not sure on the mirror federation outfits. I bought it with my romulan character I'm currently playing with.

Ok follow up question. What is the actual name on the box to find it on the exchange?

Survivor. Just type that in.

By the way did anyone else here notice the interesting changes they did with the in game antennae for andorian and aenar antennae options?
    They move now! No joke and its awesome! For both Npcs and players but it doesn't work with the tos versions of the antennae just the the ones on the front.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2019

They do count. Tested it on Tribble.

Unfortunately, the Kelvin Timeline Klingon Regalia apparently doesn't count towards that. Probably a glitch, though.

Also, on a RomAlien toon, there is apparently a direct correlation between the presence of sleeves on the Terran Odyssey and Jupiter Uniforms and the physical location of the character's belly button.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

OUTSTANDING! Thanks much for this feedback, @warpangel.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

This discussion has been closed.