test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server crashed?

2»

Comments

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Same here. Tried to change toons, crashed and now, 'Unable to authenticate. Connection to the server timed out.' Montana, USA.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    nixie50 wrote: »
    @darkbladejk did you tell them those durned Elves of Neverwinter did it?

(quietly puts away vile of poison dropped into elven food) yeah, sure, absolutely. lols XD
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • songhisonghi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue, immediate server disconnect and unable to validate account. Louisville KY. Here's hoping they get it fixed. :)
  • redfoxpts#4676 redfoxpts Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out message comes up
    glad its not just me though 1551 uk
  • vorazun#5734 vorazun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Same as everyone else"Unable to authenticate. Connection to the server timed out" Ankeny, Ia
  • lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Can't login, just get the immediate message "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server has timed out".

I am getting the same message, and it refuses to let me in. I know things like this happen but Grr lol its so frustrating. Hopefully it will get fixed soon

• tigerhandlertigerhandler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Anyone else having this issue?

(merged from previous thread) - darkbladejk
    threads merged. please keep discussion confined to one thread at a time. there are known issues with the account servers at the moment. the devs are working on it and when they have more information or it has been restored, you folks will know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

• darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    just came back up for me
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Just came back up for me also, just received an "Arc update, restart" notice then it logged in fine.

Reminds me that something to try if you aren't getting in is launching the game directly from the directory, rather than using ARC. (for next time)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Seems to be working now, thanks.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • djgiggles1972djgiggles1972 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    its back online
    try now folks

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Back in also.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Always on character changes. Two times this week so far. I'm hoping to read something in tomorrow's patch notes about this.
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    It has just started happening again... This is really starting to become off putting to the point it makes me want to stop playing STO.
    i'm letting them know

• manwholaughsmanwholaughs Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Thanks darkbladejk.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    This happened just as I was awaiting the Loading of a Character I was switching too. But then again for me at least that has become a bug as well. I can switch up to 3 characters just fine, after that I am stuck on loading with no character or ship visual in the background then the game crashes. I even did a clean install of both Arc and Star Trek online to no avail. Not to mention a slew of other things to #$%^ about, I am virtually at a breaking point with this game. They want to continue throwing out content, but not fix in game or software bugs. . . . End of Transmission.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Boom goes the authentication server, again. Seems like it's at least once a week. I feel like I should just play one character per session; jumping toons gets me booted.

"Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Yep as I stated here on this post it happens to me too.
  • flakkannonflakkannon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Just started happening to me; made the terrible mistake of trying to change character. Will be monitoring this thread if some kind soul would inform us when it comes back up...
  • cygnicygni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here
  • theddontheddon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    flakkannon wrote: »
    Just started happening to me; made the terrible mistake of trying to change character. Will be monitoring this thread if some kind soul would inform us when it comes back up...

It looks like the server is down completely. The server status light is 'red'
  • Not sure if it is related; but, the Dilithium Exchange went down before this started.
    The server is back up!
  • flakkannonflakkannon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks! It's back indeed!
This discussion has been closed.