test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future Equipment

zechimoszechimos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
At the next first contact day, what if a reward of a colt 45 revolver was given to players? It was used in TOS where Kirk, Spock, and others experienced the OK Corral, TNG had some in "Times Arrow" and "Fistful of Datas", in ENT episode "North Star", etc. etc. Currently there is the TR-116b rifle from DS9, Mirror Zephram Cochrane's Shotgun, and this year got Picard's Holographic Thompson. Maybe a pistol would round out the selection of physical damage weapons in the STO game. Figured maybe a Western Episode could be made with a colt 45 as a reward for Equipment. As an alternate attack could do a "Quick Draw" that shoots and knocks out weapons from enemies disabling their attack for a short duration. Or just a cool looking rapid fire as an alternate attack. What do you think it would take to get something like this to happen? Or just wishful thinking?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Answers

• zechimoszechimos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    :smile:
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I want a bow and arrows, because Picard was Robin Hood in Q-pid.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    I want a bamboo log that shoots diamonds.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I'd rather have a staff weapon that can shoot energy as a primary fire and a secondary fire where you tap one side on the ground for an area-of-effect stasis field.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The only way I would be okay with a revolver being added is if I could spin in in my hand when I'm not shooting or reloading. I already have a Revolver Ocelot character who has a billion pistol weapons (most importantly the Comp Rep Pistol) and I would adore a proper SAA or similar.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    zechimos wrote: »
    At the next first contact day, what if a reward of a colt 45 revolver was given to players? It was used in TOS where Kirk, Spock, and others experienced the OK Corral, TNG had some in "Times Arrow" and "Fistful of Datas", in ENT episode "North Star", etc. etc. Currently there is the TR-116b rifle from DS9, Mirror Zephram Cochrane's Shotgun, and this year got Picard's Holographic Thompson. Maybe a pistol would round out the selection of physical damage weapons in the STO game. Figured maybe a Western Episode could be made with a colt 45 as a reward for Equipment. As an alternate attack could do a "Quick Draw" that shoots and knocks out weapons from enemies disabling their attack for a short duration. Or just a cool looking rapid fire as an alternate attack. What do you think it would take to get something like this to happen? Or just wishful thinking?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Sulu find one in Shore Leave?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tyler002 said:
    > I'd rather have a staff weapon that can shoot energy as a primary fire and a secondary fire where you tap one side on the ground for an area-of-effect stasis field.

Return of the Archons?

I was actually describing the Idryll Staff from Elite Force 2, something I'd love to have in the game but never could.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They did the bamboo logs in a mission already.
    warpangel wrote: »

But did it shoot diamonds?
    And was it a reward that we could keep?
    GrWzQke.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

Hear, hear! Give us Kirk's bamboo cannon!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • zechimoszechimos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I love the feed back. Please keep it coming. Its nice to see different points of view and have other references get brought out. Sincerely, thank you. However, does anyone know of a way to make any of these ideas move forward in becoming part of the game? Or just wishful thinking on my part?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Lucy shot them into the sky. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    @zechimos Just post them on the forum and hope that a dev sees them and thinks it's a good idea. You could also tweet them. Or ask Kael about your ideas during the livestream.
    GrWzQke.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

But did it shoot diamonds?
    No, they exploded. :D

I think Cryptic were probably hinting at the Mythbusters' test of the bamboo cannon which showed it would've blown up in Kirk's face, when they made them bombs in the mission.
    Kirk's shot diamonds. It's canon! LOL :D
    GrWzQke.png
    edited September 2019
    Wait. Forget the bow and arrows. I want a musket from the S1-TNG-episode where Riker was on his 30-day free trial for becoming a Q. And instead of a realistic sound when stabbing someone with the bayonet, you'd hear Wesley screaming in agony.
    There is already a 'bow' in the game - the Lobi Store Hunter Energy Crossbow. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i'm still waiting on that isomagnetic disintegrator​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    If I may add a few things to the discussion...

There is also a crossbow shaped weapon as a mission reward. I think it's from the Kobali, but I'd have to look it up.

Capt. Picard was also shot with a bow and arrow. ("We have angered the Picard...") If someone wants it, I'm not opposed.

To be picky, Sulu actually had a different revolver in the "Shore Leave" episode. Still, the Colt .45 Single Action Army revolver did show up a few times in Trek. TOS and TNG, at least. In fact, many handguns have been in every version of Star Trek so far, and not just in the holodeck. (Well, I don't know about Discovery. I haven't seen it. Even if not, we may still see one in a future episode.) I would love to see any of them in the game.

And, yes, the bamboo anti-Gorn cannon is canon.

PS, Can we finally get a dagger?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    latest?cb=20060626222603&path-prefix=en
    latest?cb=20060626222545&path-prefix=en
    The Calico M960 SMG from First Contact

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      ltminns wrote: »
      There is already a 'bow' in the game - the Lobi Store Hunter Energy Crossbow. ;)

A crossbow is not a bow… that's like saying a slingshot is a pistol. A normal crossbow shoots bolts instead of arrows, too.

That aside, the musket seems more funny, at least considering the proposed bayonet-Sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vjrIj5fEX0
    • nightside#8350 nightside Member Posts: 10 Arc User
      how about a holodeck costume store with "functional" replicator options? Then bows, crossbows, and diamond shooting bamboo cannons (maybe not) would be possible. But Napoleon cannons would be kinda neat.
    • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
      There's even a perfect place to acquire the handgun. Nimbus III. It has a desert city with a Romulan fast-draw expert named Law and at least one Gorn gunfighter. Well, that Gorn might be -spoiler- dead -spoiler-.
      The thing about that Gorn -

He fought Law, and Law won. ;)
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
      edited September 2019
      ltminns wrote: »
      The thing about that Gorn -

He fought Law, and Law won. ;)

Nimbus 3 in a nutshell (does our Law also have a talking gun?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qolk_rDA9xU

This discussion has been closed.