test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(question) Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship VS Voth Bastille Temporal Science Vessel

neverland#4941 neverland Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Hello, everyone!
Two STO players made good builds and uploaded them at YouTube.
It clear that both the ships and the builds are nice but I'd personally like to decide for myself which of them is the best in most ways.
So I have a question to ask: if they met head to head (in a duel) who do You think would win and why?

Ships to be compared: 1) Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship
Link to build (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iBwBOx1_Ao
2) Voth Bastille Temporal Science Vessel
Link to build (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhBqlfu_GK0

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    A duel as in 1:1 PvP match?

I don’t know that as my last match lies years behind me.

A duel as in ISA PvE DPS 1:1 comparison?

I’d bet on the warship here since players found energy cannon builds to grand the best results on that map for the time being. The Warship lets you implement such a build better.

A duel as in general PvE DPS comparison?

Both ships favor very different builds. The Vanguard the mentioned cannon build, the other ship Exotic. A winner here will depend on the respective situation you face. Cannons can hit up to 3 targets simultaneously very hard, but no more. Exotics can reach a lot more targets than that but only less as hard. While there are undoubtable situations with target rich environments (CCA/first stage of HSE) granting you a benefit to exotics for brief periods I think cannon builds will interact with most situations you face better. I’d give the warship the overall benefit here as well.

Cannon DPS and Exotics are a very different playstyle. Both have ups and downs. I would not watch them as opponents but rather as alternate ways to play. I have both such builds and pick the one I feel like or which feels more suitable for the task at hand. While I would not want to miss either of them the fact that I have 4 pure cannon builds and only 1 pure exotic should underline what I wrote.

Game sided there is also no reason why you could not try out a hybrid. I do that on one of my builds as well. Might not be the best approach from a min/max perspective but let’s you enjoy the best of both worlds and still do 200k+ in ISA. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • neverland#4941 neverland Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank both of you for the comments. I'm more than happy now and I have really learned smth new :smile: