test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Return of Neo, Matrix 4 Announced

2»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    The first one was pretty good. The second not so much. The last was just awful.
    As usual, xkcd has le mot juste. Especially the last part.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i wanna know what cloaked stick figure had that made TSA stick figure go 'ew'...i'm going to guess either price albert or chastity​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I never saw it.

You didn't miss much.

Not sure if rattler2 meant the Matrix or Jupiter Ascending here. I agree on Matrix. Can't say anything about Jupiter Ascending, didn't see it.

I'm not much of a movie-watcher, but when the Matrix was new there was really nothing in cinema that got as close to being interesting. We watched the DVD at school on one of those "last schooldays before holidays" lol.

and then… as with almost everything else… terrible, overhyped sequels came and like half a year before the movie there was just no way to escape the over-exposure.

Watched both sequels many years later and they really ruined what made the first movie kinda okay (to me it was never that incredible of an experience, but it wasn't unwatchable - now it is).

In the end, the original Matrix was just a summer-action movie that was on the surface NOT outright braindead. It aged terribly and became a meme on top of that, plus has some of the worst sequels ever made by a human.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

Not sure if rattler2 meant the Matrix or Jupiter Ascending here.

Never watched Jupiter. Saw parts of Matrix though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @redeyedraven said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Not sure if rattler2 meant the Matrix or Jupiter Ascending here. I agree on Matrix. Can't say anything about Jupiter Ascending, didn't see it.
    >
    > I'm not much of a movie-watcher, but when the Matrix was new there was really nothing in cinema that got as close to being interesting. We watched the DVD at school on one of those "last schooldays before holidays" lol.
    >
    > and then… as with almost everything else… terrible, overhyped sequels came and like half a year before the movie there was just no way to escape the over-exposure.
    >
    > Watched both sequels many years later and they really ruined what made the first movie kinda okay (to me it was never that incredible of an experience, but it wasn't unwatchable - now it is).
    >
    > In the end, the original Matrix was just a summer-action movie that was on the surface NOT outright braindead. It aged terribly and became a meme on top of that, plus has some of the worst sequels ever made by a human.

I absolutely agree, that's basically what I was trying to say 😁
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou