What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    The more outfits and accessories, the better! Everything that isn't in the game that has been mentioned over the last 67 pages needs to be added! Once that's done, PWE can get started on everything else. :D

Wouldn't help, as PWE is not the ones who do this, that would be Cryptic.​​

Cryptic is a company owned by PWE. If you look at these forums, you will see they are managed by PWE employees.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Wrath of Khan era Starfleet costumes for Xbox would be especially appreciated!!
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    The more outfits and accessories, the better! Everything that isn't in the game that has been mentioned over the last 67 pages needs to be added! Once that's done, PWE can get started on everything else. :D

Wouldn't help, as PWE is not the ones who do this, that would be Cryptic.

Cryptic is a company owned by PWE. If you look at these forums, you will see they are managed by PWE employees.

While this is true, PWE does not do the day to day developing of the game, they only oversee the big picture thing, you know the budget.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • eveyistheoneeveyistheone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Im sure its mentioned in these 68 pages - Add the ability to mod all the BOFFs you get like the jem, reman, borg, potato head etc in fact just make it possible to mod everything on a faction to the faction specific clothes - easy, done!
  • rensemilrensemil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Currently only female Romulans can access the Tal Shiar belt, ans only males the chest gear. Would be cool, if both could have both, since we see NPCs using both.
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    How about the Classic Yeoman Rand hairdo?

That already is a hair option for females!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    Hi there.

Is there any chance to get a "Captain Pike" style Discovery uniform?
    Which means a Discovery uniform, but without the metal stripes (or being able to color it properly or make them invisible) and with additional TOS styled sleeve Rank "insignia" (idk how this is called).

Trying to recreate it with a normal Discovery uniform (no matter if it's Lt., Capt. or Adm. version) just doesn't look very nice tbh, because the Metal elements ruin the clean and elegant look of it completely.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Anyone else would like to see the "survival uniform" from Star Trek Beyond worn by Kirk and Chekov?

-image redacted-
    Delivered. And has jacketless as well as the shown open- and closed-top variations if the relevant folks are sensible.
    rensemil wrote: »
    Currently only female Romulans can access the Tal Shiar belt, ans only males the chest gear. Would be cool, if both could have both, since we see NPCs using both.
    Not just cool, but logically consistent. In fact, an argument can be made for the tailor needing an extensive consistency pass to address issues of this sort.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I admit that I have a laundry-list of items I can think of that I'd like to see available in-game in the character creator/editor... My apologies if I am duplicating any of these.

From Star Trek: Voyager
    7 of 9 hair style would be cool
    7 of 9 outfit - low collar option
    Ocampa outfit (was previously available in the Foundry; had sometimes been seen worn by Kes on Voyager)

From Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Deanna Troi's light blue dress from TNG
    Duras sisters' outfits
    Dress Uniforms
    combadge seen from the episode "Future Imperfect", that had the Starfleet delta with lines in the background designating rank. 4 bars would designate captain and above.
    Ferengi uniforms
    Wesley Crusher 'rainbow' shirt/sweater (with red, yellow, and blue bars across the top near the shoulders, as seen in Star Trek: TNG Season 1 episodes like "Coming of Age", "11001001", "Hide and Q")
    Admiral uniforms, seen in later seasons of TNG

From Star Trek: Discovery
    Cmdr. Landry hair style.
    Discovery-Enterprise uniforms (as seen worn by the USS Enterprise crew on Star Trek: Discovery)
    Emperor Georgiou's unique coil earring/earpiece

From Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    Klingon wedding outfits (seen in "You Are Cordially Invited" - DS9 Season 6) available for Fed characters as well as KDF.
    Kira / Jadzia Dax princess outfits (from "Way of the Warrior" - DS9 Season 4) - for those who love to role-play with their characters.
    Worf / Dax exercise attire, as seen in DS9.
    If ever we get to go to the Trill homeworld, then possibly outfits appropriate there. (I would REALLY like to see this as I have been greatly fascinated by the Trill)

From Star Trek Movies
    Star Trek Beyond uniforms
    Star Trek III and V officer's bomber jacket (worn by Admiral Morrow and later by Captain Kirk)
    TWoK-era cadet uniforms.
    TMP / TWoK engineering suits, respirator and glove options available
    TMP / TWoK EV suits (example - as seen worn by Captain Terrell and Cmdr. Chekov in Star Trek II)
    First Contact Dress Uniform (seen in Star Trek: Insurrection & Star Trek: Nemesis)
    (This is currently available as the Federation diplomat uniform, but the rank insignia needs to be on the collar instead on the right upper chest/shoulder)

One I saw mentioned earlier, have the same options for the Tal'Shiar outfits available for both male and female characters.

And... call me crazy, but maybe have it possible to, for the fun of it, be able to make your character look like they were Borg-ified, without having to get the holographic disguise or get assimilated while fighting the Borg in a mission.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • diel#9512 diel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    OK... here goes my list for suggestions.

The Cage variant of TOS StarFleet uniform
    TOS Klingon uniforms (they are in the game, but not available/purchaseable for players)
    Post edited by diel#9512 on
    ME-B.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    With the new Picard series coming early next year. I again have to ask for the Future Imperfect Admiral's uniform worn by Picard in that episode. This happens to be one of my favorite Admiral's uniforms from all of Star Trek. Can we please get this uniform at some point, preferably sooner than later, please? We already have the Future Imperfect badge but still need the Admiral's uniform.
    future_imperfect_hd_291.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    diel#9512 wrote: »
    OK... here goes my list for suggestions.

The Cage variant of TOS StarFleet uniform
    TOS Klingon uniforms (they are in the game, but not available/purchaseable for players)

At least one version of the TOS Klingon uniform is already available in the tailor without having to purchase it, I have a Klingon character who's background is that she is a 23rd century TOS type who's ship was caught in a temporal rift, and I had no problem putting together 23rd century Klingon uniforms for her and her crew from the available pieces in the tailor. I wish the TOS Fed and Romulan uniforms were as easily accessible.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Aside from making the suit from the 20th-centrury formalwear package gender-agnostic, I would also hope that they give the top the no-jacket options (shirt only; shirt & vest). Further, the longcoat (as shown off by President Lincoln in 'Measure of Morality' should be added as well. Speaking of which episode, there is something to be said for a Red Angel suit replica.

I am also surprised that (again) Zef's outfit isn't among the First Contact Day rewards.

And while not a costume per se, I would not be averse to a mini-Control noncombat pet.
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but can we get Dr. Polaski's surgeon uniform from TNG added to the game please?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/f/fc/Starfleet_surgical_scrubs.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20121208050037&path-prefix=en
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I've been talking about changes to hairstyles in multiple posts. And today, we got Lincolns coat. And I was asking myself, " Who the hell thought Lincolns coat would be a good idea.' Then I found the previous post. I'm not opposed to Lincoln's coat at all. I guess if you're going to do that, why don't you just give the player items from the episode they just finished as added awards. I can't recall the episode name. But there was one entertaining episode on STO, where time is altered, and now we work for the Tholians. We are all cargo ship captains at a station in an asteroid. I would have liked the brown overalls my crew had to wear. Or the prison overall in the episode under the "New Frontiers" tab. I think the episode is called Scylla and Charybdis. It's the one where Martok is imprisoned and we get to have a Jem Hadar bridge officer.

If dev are really reading this, I LOVED all the episodes of Gamma Quadrant. I was really scared in the episode Tenebris Torquent. That's the STO I want. I can't stand what happened after with the garbage discovery J'Ula none sense.
  • queenbetazoid#8547 queenbetazoid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I would like to get the stripes on Jaylah's face in Star trek Beyond. It would be cool to be able to create a character of her race.
    Host - Twitch: Priority One Armada Twitch Channel
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Admiral Nicki - Priority One Armada
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Senior Officer// Quartermaster// Priority One Podcast
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Would like to see Enterprise era unifroms of the Andorians, Tellerites, Aenar, Klingon, Romulan, Vulcan and the dancing outfits of the three Orion women in "Bound".

More hairstyles for Caitians/Ferasans. (How many Caitian players wanted to look like or base their character on M'ress?)

Tails for the Alien visuals (I wouldn't mind if they were an unlock for buying the Caitian/Ferasan races).
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I can't recall the episode name. But there was one entertaining episode on STO, where time is altered, and now we work for the Tholians. We are all cargo ship captains at a station in an asteroid. I would have liked the brown overalls my crew had to wear.

Temporal Ambassador is the STO mission you're asking about, and yes, the brown overall outfit was a nice look.
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Wow.

Many pages of suggestions! My fellow captains have impressed me!

I'd like to add a couple of my own suggestions;

I would like to see a few additions to the Alien set of possibilities.
    I'd like the three-legged and three armed Edosians (as seen in TAS).
    I'd like to see a few insectile type additions; bulbous compound eyes, antenae, segmented bodies, chitinous endoskeleton.
    You guys have already done an amazing job with the Tholians, so having toons with multiple legs shouldn't be a real problem.
    Species with what are erroneously called backwards knees; the ferasan/catian should, technically, have these.
    Kelpians might be an interesting addition to then alien database as well.
    K'zinti might be interesting as well. I am sure that the license for the K'zin is still valid as there was work done to add them to the list of species during the never-seen 6th season of ST:ENT, including a digital sketch of one of their ships.
    This one is a real long shot, since I have no idea how to make this work, but in a couple of older Star Trek novels, a young Horta joined Starfleet at his Mother's insistence. Having Horta as a playable toon whould be fun, but again, I have no idea how to make that work.

There is a lot of work involved in all of these suggestions, so I am pretty sure that all of them will be ignored. Still, I gotta try...
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    baloq wrote: »
    Wow.

Many pages of suggestions! My fellow captains have impressed me!

I'd like to add a couple of my own suggestions;

I would like to see a few additions to the Alien set of possibilities.
    I'd like the three-legged and three armed Edosians (as seen in TAS).
    I'd like to see a few insectile type additions; bulbous compound eyes, antenae, segmented bodies, chitinous endoskeleton.
    You guys have already done an amazing job with the Tholians, so having toons with multiple legs shouldn't be a real problem.
    Species with what are erroneously called backwards knees; the ferasan/catian should, technically, have these.
    Kelpians might be an interesting addition to then alien database as well.
    K'zinti might be interesting as well. I am sure that the license for the K'zin is still valid as there was work done to add them to the list of species during the never-seen 6th season of ST:ENT, including a digital sketch of one of their ships.
    This one is a real long shot, since I have no idea how to make this work, but in a couple of older Star Trek novels, a young Horta joined Starfleet at his Mother's insistence. Having Horta as a playable toon whould be fun, but again, I have no idea how to make that work.

There is a lot of work involved in all of these suggestions, so I am pretty sure that all of them will be ignored. Still, I gotta try...

I agree with most of your suggestions, though the Edosians, insects, and others would be difficult to code. Not impossible just a lot of limitations with the program they use.

The Tholians were done using a different/specific skin, so it would still be a problem to have toons with multiple legs. I do not remember the exact explanation for how this is a difficult thing to code/build.

The Caitians/Ferasans that we have in-game for the Federation and KDF are basically the Kzinti. That race cannot be used due to the copyright from Larry Niven since they are not originally from Star Trek but another series created by Niven. Also, it was Season 5 that was never seen, I even used to follow the group that wanted a Season 5 of ENT. Enterprise lasted for four seasons.

Not sure how I feel about having a playable Horta. Sounded great for an April Fool's Joke and as something one can transform into when Q is in the house. Not sure a Horta would want to join Starfleet, KDF, Romulan Republic, or the Dominion. Also, unless they are provoked, they are pacifists.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    I'd like to see a Romulan Temporal outfit, similar to the Wells and the Korath uniforms. it would of course be called the R'Mor uniform after the Romulan T5 Temporal Science vessel. I just feel like although the romulans were given their ships, they were left out of the temporal loop by not having a special uniform too.

I'd also like to see a Romulan Timeship Shuttle, to go along with the Aeon and the Rozhenko shuttles, to finally complete a trifecta of the 3 factions.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Please add the TWOK enlisted uniform and update the existing TWOK officer uniform to add the rank insignia to the sleeve
  • grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Can we get Trelanes and the original Harry Mudd's outfit?
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Trelane
    https://www.tor.com/2017/10/19/star-trek-harry-mudd-and-the-power-of-personal-narrative/
    I love the blue on Harry and all the crazy bling from the 60's. Would be perfect with Rio's hat from Stardust City Rag!
    Thank you.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Probably already suggested if not : the 2388 starfleet uniform
  • dragenhjerte#5285 dragenhjerte Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Glasses, not sunglasses. Cat-eye or thick framed. Those would be cool since "a lot of time travel trips people still wear glasses" is my strong argument. If not then how about a transparency setting for sunglasses if you want to see the eyes.

Also legs for my Reman since she has feet and a torso but nothing that connects those.
  • I think a great thing would be account wide costume unlocks. For example, a level 65 Fed captain would unlock Fed uniforms for Klingon allied captains as well as some race costumes if you reach Level 65 in that race (Like cardassian, orion or norsican) just to add to the uniqueness of bridge officers or role playing cuz i'd kill to get the jem'hadar outfits for my female romulan. I'd also like it if the task force armours was unlocked as well for the account cuz i may play a Fed allied captain but the honour guard armour is so sweet.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Not sure if it's been said in this whole thread, but I'll shoot this shot here now.

I'd love it so much if the game dropped all gender flags in costumes and uniforms.

Why? The ridiculous inconsistencies in certain items. Sometimes it's a case of the same item, like the Khitomer Alliance pants, having 4 colors for men's and 3 for women's. Or the Starfleet 23rd century boots being different on men vs. women. Why my Risian shorts are shorter on my "female" character and I was blocked from using the longer "male" ones.

I'd love to buy things like the 21st Century Formalwear, but I've been told I couldn't wear the suit on my female characters. Don't like that.

Simply put, I roleplay a lot of my characters as Gender Non-Conforming Women (big surprise, since I am one). Others I play as Non-Binary genders, but since I had to pick one at character creation, I'm stuck with certain things. Like my NB but "female" Rom-Alien can't wear 23rd Century Romulan pants at all because those are "male" exclusive. Or my NB but "male" Jem'Hadar can't wear any of the skirts except for TNG Skant and Kilt, and both of those clash and clip badly with a lot of uniform pieces.

I love so much of the customization in this game, and I'm definitely glad I can wear many of the masculine styles and haircuts on my women characters, but rarely can I do the reverse. It feels like we're about halfway there, and I think the easiest way would be to drop the gender markers completely.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • sentry51sentry51 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    If it hasn't already been mentioned, can we please get an update to the TNG uniforms? My Galaxy looks so nice now; I just want the same for my uniforms!
  • touriktourik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Noticed this while watching Discovery again and some of the Timelines artwork - the Disco and Disco Terran uniforms are missing the skirt worn by Keyla and Nhan, unless I'm overlooking something, and even though the boots for Mirror Keyla are present. Others don't really fit as they lack the metallic stripes. Would be nice to have that for completion. Even the unique chest piece worn by Mirror Detmer is missing, which seems to denote a first officer?

Also the Terran 'Lord' gear would be nice - the big metal collar and gold/black cape. Also on the subject of Terrans, the armour they wear, equivalent to the excursion armour worn at various times and already in game would be good. Terran Guerilla armour is an OK substitute but not quite there.

It's really way, way past time for the ENT/Nemesis Romulan gear, 'mon now.

Would be nice for the Year of Klingon to get the Gorkon/Chang/Azetbur type of Klingon gear.