test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Earn Event Rewards Quicker!

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    they are doing it to try and attempt to make the system better.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And again, because apparently it's still not clear enough: the baseline of these complaints don't originally stem from the changes themselves, TRIBBLE as they are, but from the complete and absolute lack of information and from the fact that these questions - that they should've know we were going to ask - still don't have a proper, fully explained, absolutely confirmed, answers.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

This right here? This is my problem. All of these UI changes and "Events are faster!!!!!!!!" branding feels like nothing more than a cover for the removal of resuming projects at a later date. Even the main moneymaker in the form of the buyout is temporary.

I'm having a genuinely difficult time trying to convince myself that this isn't all just being designed to wring out blood and money from consumers, who are too scared to let a 'limited-time-opportunity' get away. I cannot construct any possible reason that the buyout and event window are finite, barring either genuine incompetence or intentional anti-consumer practices.

This whole thing is Tribbles with a capital T.
    Limited-time events having a limited time to finish them, oh the horror.

All games like this have limited events.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Initial cost of the event skip (double a store ship), time padding to the requirements (multiple runs of anything), removal of dilithium earning potential until after the events been run (so during the burnout phase most events have at the end) starts cynical alarm bells ringing.

The semi ultimate tech upgrade will no doubt see counterparts for the other ship parts and ground gear. But unless someone does elite content upgrading is only really needed to combat peer pressure as the game plateaus once you hit the mk12 purple range.

Hopefully if they do a demonstration of the system on the podcast someone will have the gumption to note the timestamp and upload just that section to youtube.

Other than MI event & possibly the breach I can't really see how this new system is faster in time per day.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

This right here? This is my problem. All of these UI changes and "Events are faster!!!!!!!!" branding feels like nothing more than a cover for the removal of resuming projects at a later date. Even the main moneymaker in the form of the buyout is temporary.

I'm having a genuinely difficult time trying to convince myself that this isn't all just being designed to wring out blood and money from consumers, who are too scared to let a 'limited-time-opportunity' get away. I cannot construct any possible reason that the buyout and event window are finite, barring either genuine incompetence or intentional anti-consumer practices.

Irrelevant. The problem is twofold. First, it doesn't matter if "that's how everyone else does it," if it's wrong, it's wrong. If everyone on your street decided they were going to start dumping their trash into the roads instead of leaving it in the cans, you wouldn't be right for doing so too, you'd just be a moron with a clique. Second, and this one is very important, so please pay attention: THEY WEREN'T LIMITED EVENTS BEFORE. Aside from the fact that this change is a bad thing in the first place, it makes life worse for the players for no reason! If the only defence you can possibly come up with is a deflection, then I'm sorry to say you're on the wrong side.

There's no player-friendly reason for the change, and there's no player-friendly reason for the idea of limited-time events to exist at all. Its only benefit is for the company, to make more money at the expense of the players.
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Update will be released in less than a week, indepth info no needed, and olly provide more reason for vocal minority to complaint...

As for unfinished slotted project...
    I think devs need to apply New scaled buyout system to it.
    3k (or 4k) scaled zen for Ship project.
    1k (or 1.5k) scaled zen for Item priject.
    Mb for limited time...
    It will be way cheaper than trying to get Epic phoenix token (+ buyout gives account unlock).

And NO-NO to autocomplete for free, it will be unfair for ppl who wasn't ignoring Events!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Irrelevant. The problem is twofold. First, it doesn't matter if "that's how everyone else does it," if it's wrong, it's wrong. If everyone on your street decided they were going to start dumping their trash into the roads instead of leaving it in the cans, you wouldn't be right for doing so too, you'd just be a moron with a clique. Second, and this one is very important, so please pay attention: THEY WEREN'T LIMITED EVENTS BEFORE. Aside from the fact that this change is a bad thing in the first place, it makes life worse for the players for no reason! If the only defence you can possibly come up with is a deflection, then I'm sorry to say you're on the wrong side.

There's no player-friendly reason for the change, and there's no player-friendly reason for the idea of limited-time events to exist at all. Its only benefit is for the company, to make more money at the expense of the players.

We've also never had a ship event like this before either. Previous ship events have been annual events so you know they will come back.

There's nothing to suggest that this kind of event will be making a return. From the sounds of things, this was meant to be a limited time event because of where we are in the story. I wouldn't expect this exact thing to be around a year from now.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I swear, you people will find anything to complain about. :(

Well, to be fair, if the devs would get their caca together when it comes to little things, this wouldn't happen.

We are all sci-fi fans, and sci-fi fans tend to be very detail oriented by their very nature. If the details are wrong or even off, we notice it.

Frankly, you guys should be happy we notice things like that. It allows you to fix issues and produce a better overall product, so long as you are willing to listen.

The player base has as much stake in the game being quality as the devs do. Don't marginalize or ignore us. We are trying to help you.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it wrong.
    Update will be released in less than a week, indepth info no needed, and olly provide more reason for vocal minority to complaint...

As for unfinished slotted project...
    I think devs need to apply New scaled buyout system to it.
    3k (or 4k) scaled zen for Ship project.
    1k (or 1.5k) scaled zen for Item priject.
    Mb for limited time...
    It will be way cheaper than trying to get Epic phoenix token (+ buyout gives account unlock).

And NO-NO to autocomplete for free, it will be unfair for ppl who wasn't ignoring Events!

Incorrect, as usual. The "indepth info" (which in this case translate to: "meaningful and BASIC info") is very much needed. Worse, it was needed from the start.
    I'm not even gonna deign the rest with anything else except: if all you can offer as reasoning to go along with something is to TRIBBLE over the "vocal minority" that "complaint" (or better yet, do nothing but "whine", as you're so fond of saying) then you have no argument whatsoever.

Again, for the third time: go troll somewhere else, because it's clear you have nothing meaningful to add to the conversation.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Again, for the third time:..​​
    dudette, this forum thread is not your personal whiny chat
    Again, for the third time:..
    dudette, this forum thread is not your personal whiny chat

*Yawn*

Back to interesting and relevant things:
    The player base has as much stake in the game being quality as the devs do. Don't marginalize or ignore us. We are trying to help you.

^ this, so much! To be fair, the community have not always been the most receptive, even in the past, and the devs simply stopped coming here to read our thoughts on upcoming changes/new content/whatever. Or at least, they're not engaging with us at all. This leads, inevitably, to even more malcontent, because many feels left out.
    This is our game: the devs' and the players'. Shouldn't we work together to make it better? I get that some requests are absurd (I admit I'd love to see a massive PvP invasion kinda thing, and I've seen the idea floating around, but I realize that's pretty much impossibile to implement in any reasonable way), but surely not all of them are? So, instead of publishing things with a news article lacking basic information - information that the players needs to decide how to move forward - why not engage with the player base in a meaningful way?
    On the other hand, is it really possible that every single decision the devs make is wrong? Not just for one person or a small group of people, but for the entire playerbase?

All in all, I think what's missing is communication.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    Guys i'm only going to say this once, but keep it civil. Folks are allowed to have their opinions in the positive or the negative and there comes a point when folks need to just agree to disagree and move on.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Any updates on what happens to old slotted projects and tokens?
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Well of all this change one thing has me irritated to no end.

This is the forums of the game. This is where the information is to be regarding change.
    You know in the forum for the game in question. I do not enjoy the need to have a forum user post the information from a social media account to get information.

I have enough useless thoughts and ideal’s on my own. I don’t need any more from social media. This may list me as being old and out of touch so be it.

But the point is a valid one of we need the answers here on official forums and websites.

Something we can point to and say look this is what is and will happen not some post on a different place and then say well I was wrong or never said x thing.

Remove this post or edit if a moderator must regardless it is how i see it and provides my catharsis in this matter.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

This game is not other games, and what other games do isn't relevant.

This game, for many years, gave people the option to continue feeding an old event project with tokens from the newest event. People are entirely justified in being upset that this will apparently never be possible again, because up until now it had been possible, and was even improved on earlier this year.

I can't see any benefit in this to anything but their silly metrics which only leads them to poor conclusions. Consider the extremely fun Peril over Pahvo event. Surely lots of people were happy to play through that and didn't skip it through one method or another! Oh right. That was a miserably dull event. I imagine the metrics also showed it was not popular.

However, if you make the conclusion that population playing the event was down because they could skip it and still get the prize, instead of people not playing it because it sucked, then you come to the wrong conclusion that your fecal matter smells like roses and people are just exploiting your most generous system so they do not have to stop and smell the roses.

A better conclusion would have been to see that people were skipping the event because they didn't think it was fun. Due to the flexible system you as a dev implemented into the game, it allows people to spend less time in events they don't like or don't have time for and more in events they do enjoy. That honestly sounds like a win-win to me.

I'm just hypothesizing on what might be going on behind the scenes, but I still don't see any good reason to take away flexibility and freedom from people for events. Instead it seems simply intended to force people to play what they want us to play when they want us to play it. That is not a good way to make a game.

Everyone put away your playing cards, it is now time for checkers.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know they said it was a 30-day Event but they have yet to mention if we will have Bonus Weekends like we did with the last Ship 'Giveaway'. That could provide an additional 4-10 day buffer.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Probably a ship being offered up as a carrot to fudge the numbers to make the new system look favourably better than it might if it were just a regular event reward.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Also, about the whole "well, there will be 14-day events again later with a cheaper buyout option" thing.

I wouldn't be so sure.

After all, nothing prevents them from adding some consumables to "justify" a higher buyout price like they just did with this event with a 3,000 zen T6 ship, non-tradeable versions of 8x2M EC-worth of weapons and 3 Ultimate Upgrades that are space-weapons-only.

(Remember, one full Ultimate Upgrade is given for free with the Key Ring Bundle.)

They could still go with "yeah, you could get your rifle and an Ultimate Upgrade for 1,000 Zen before. BUUUUUT this is not just a rifle, it also comes with 2 Ultimate Upgrades exclusive for ground weapons, a mycelial tribble and a Doff. Those together are totally worth 3,000 zen!".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The game is always going to feature limited time rewards, that is something we all know.. and getting angry about it isn't going to help.

I am not the least bit surprised that the 'Second Chance' doesn't last forever, I completely expected that. Cryptic, for whatever reason, has always strongly embraced the idea of the limited time reward. I would suspect they have a good reason for this, and I was not expecting this revamp to change it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Phoenix and the 'White Whale' of the Epic.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know they said it was a 30-day Event but they have yet to mention if we will have Bonus Weekends like we did with the last Ship 'Giveaway'. That could provide an additional 4-10 day buffer.

That's still not enough. I refuse to do more than 1 TFO per day so I would need 40 days at least. The Cstore coupon event spanned 63 days and people finished in 40 with the help of bonus weekends. And they only had to play one TFO per day. This is just more grind in less time.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    banshir wrote: »

That's still not enough. I refuse to do more than 1 TFO per day so I would need 40 days at least. The Cstore coupon event spanned 63 days and people finished in 40 with the help of bonus weekends. And they only had to play one TFO per day. This is just more grind in less time.

That's the beauty of this new system. You don't HAVE to do the TFO more than once a day. Remember there are also 5 new patrols that will have progress counted towards this. One TFO and 2 patrols will enough to get you credit each day.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png

That's the beauty of this new system. You don't HAVE to do the TFO more than once a day. Remember there are also 5 new patrols that will have progress counted towards this. One TFO and 2 patrols will enough to get you credit each day.

You don't understand. I refuse to do ANYTHING more than 1 TFO per day. Some of us want to do other things besides STO when we get home from work. Did you know Ubisoft is letting everyone play their game library for free for the entire month of September? I'd like to use some of my free time doing that.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they need to remove the points and just say you need 20 tokens, 1 a day from doing any of the 3 options... most folks will do the patrol or que for elite marks... do episode once. new system is just an expanded grind.
    30 minutes a day is a lot more than the 2 minutes per day it takes to run the winter or summer race.
    30 minutes a day is a lot more than the 2 minutes per day it takes to run the winter or summer race.

This is also not a winter or summer event, so that's something of a false comparison to begin with.

Then let's compare it to the Cstore coupon event. That one was just 1 TFO per day and it took people 40 days to complete. We had 63 days to earn it. This new event will take 40 days to earn the ship if you only do 1 TFO per day. Oh wait, the event will be over in 30 days. Not enough time to finish it unless you grind more or buy out.
This discussion has been closed.