test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episodes

lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
I would like Featured Episodes to return at some point even though maybe they should change which one is featured every 2-3 days or up to weekly to prevent it becoming stale. It was a good way to replay content while getting a small reward for your effort - just it needed more variety.

What are your thoughts on it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The upcoming Mycelial event will include an episode mission as part of it.
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Featured Episodes were featured because they were brand new, and they were offering new set piece rewards, or something similar.

Why exactly would Featured Episodes comeback for old missions? Why would they need to be featured?

If Cryptic put the feature episode special rewards back in as standard, that would be lovely. If not, then gaining the special rewards would be a valid reason to rerun the feature episodes.

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    poddli wrote: »
    If Cryptic put the feature episode special rewards back in as standard, that would be lovely. If not, then gaining the special rewards would be a valid reason to rerun the feature episodes.
    The only special rewards featured episodes had was spec points, or some tech upgrades, and they aren't going to slap those on a hundred missions.

Are you thinking of Featured Series special rewards like the shard of Possibilities?

I believe that is what they may be referring to

Obsidian Cane

Shard of Possibilities

Reman Bridge Officer

Breen Bridge Officer

Dunno what else I can remember

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    That should be in the FCT -- we just did this thread a week or two ago :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I believe the OP is referring to the Episodes that have been dropping lately. At best they give one one-off Reward that 'Sets' with nothing. Adding multiple Rewards that make a set. But what he is suggesting is release each piece every 2-3 days and not a Week. MESA (Make Episodes Special Again). #MESA

With the new bloody 'revamped' Event System doing something like that (having multiple Rewards) would help with having to run the Episode twice a day for twenty days, even with mixing it up on a number of Alts.

How everyone jumped to the Featured Episode Replay is beyond me. As I have stated numerous times, those 'Special' UNIQUE (you know you can only have one) Rewards should be just added back into the appropriate Episodes and be done with this nonsense.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    To quote Jar-Jar "MESA gonna die!"

Never in my life did I ever think I would be quoting Jar-Jar.

I would be happy if they would just stop messing around with just limited sets and let us have them back in episodes.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    What I meant was slightly different than the usual format

Like have a system that picks a random episode and upon finishing it receive a reward pack similar to that of universal endeavor maybe because I dont like the idea of limited sets too. My idea would be best as an optional thing(not all enjoy replaying episodes) for those who do like having a reason to replay random episodes and I wanted to know what is the general opinion about it
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    What I meant was slightly different than the usual format

Like have a system that picks a random episode and upon finishing it receive a reward pack similar to that of universal endeavor maybe because I dont like the idea of limited sets too. My idea would be best as an optional thing(not all enjoy replaying episodes) for those who do like having a reason to replay random episodes and I wanted to know what is the general opinion about it

For random content I'd usually rather have it be quick like a TFO or the new patrols rather than a full episode taken out of context.

I already replay story arcs with the episodes in their proper context with the new characters I create.

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Would anyone think there should be one where the Organians react to j'ula's aggression?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Would anyone think there should be one where the Organians react to j'ula's aggression?

I'd settle for knowing what the Organians have been doing lately. They stopped a Federation-Klingon war before it got really bad, but the events of Undiscovered Country or Yesterday's Enterprise suggest that they might be out of the picture now. Did the Klingon Empire and Federation just found a counter-measure to their abilities? Did they die out? Did they give up on enforcing peace? Did they move somewhere?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I'd like to see these come back too. Unfortunately I have a feeling they are far more likely to just put the rewards in the phoenix box.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think the Organians have been quietly retconned from canon. although an excellent episode, there was too much why aren't the organians DOING anything about this war?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.