test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Earn Event Rewards Quicker!

Comments

• phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »

On another note: the Ultimate Upgrade rewards are a bit of a misnomer.

I mean yeah, they set an item to Mk XV Epic, the fact that they only apply to space weapons make them less than "ultimate" in my opinion.

You're essentially creating a lesser version of something that already exists and making it look the same on the exterior. It would be like creating and selling a T5-U Intel ship. Sure it's got the Intel thing going for it, but it's still lacking that T6 Trait.

Objectively speaking, this newer upgrade is not a good deal compared to the actual Ultimate Upgrade. It does everything the Ultimate Upgrade does, but on a liimited basis.

If you want those to be a thing, you need to up your game on them. Bridge that gap between them and the actual Ultimates.

I would suggest a choice of mod sets when using it, all of which include a traditional "crafted" mod like [Pen] or [Spr].

You are confusing Ultimate, with Universal.
    Ultimate is the category, and compares to Superior, Enhanced, Basic, etc. It only means how much TP/RP it applies to the item.
    Beyond that, you have Universal, Weapon, Ground, Kit, etc, which is the type of upgrade.
    The "Ultimate" upgrades you get in the keyring bundle are really "Ultimate Universal", these are "Ultimate Weapons".
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Quicker for ships, but items that are not ships get extended from get extended from 14 to 20 days? Or will the non ship items will cost less points to obtain then the ships?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    we won't know until we actually GET an item-based event with the new system​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I like New event system - pick up activities you want (FE, TFO or Patrols) and play it with any character.

So...
    Ppl have time for tldr whine on forum...
    But dont have time to play and enjoy game...

You have a lot of options:
    1. Play Event and get unique T6 Cruiser/Raider + goodies for FREE...
    2. Ignore event and buy unique Ship (+ goodies) for ZEN...
    3. Or... continue spending your time to whine on forum, and get NOTHING...

Please, go troll somewhere else.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    14 x 60 = 840 vs 20 x 60 = 1200

So if items that are not ships will need 840 instead of 1200 points, How would the C-Store buyout work for things ground gear, weapons and other non ship reward items?
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    So no information more than we had only speculation in more pages of forum posting.
    Got it.

It could be time to pound the breaks a little bit here folks. Why i am in the dark on several things regarding this as is everyone. We don't have the needed information still to make a determination as to there intent in a blog post devoid of hard numbers for future events and for comparative calculation.

I don't figure we will have the numbers until the event comes about as at this point i don't think cryptic knows.

We have no standard FTFO event will have x points needed. We have no information on how long said events will last. I may have missed it but i don't think we even know how long this one will be.

Being a new even giving a ship and a few trinkets we have no way to compare it to anything. As close as we can get is winter/summer event. And in that time frame to get a ship this event will take less time. Is this the metric they are using to calculate speed? If so it is quicker or can be quicker.

The time of the event could be such as one FTFO a day can still get the event finished with more days required to get the item/ship/bauble and could end up taking less days than 14.

The facts are this there is no way we can run a calculation as to speed or even time needed per day nor days needed comparative to an event. Every one could be different as this system lets them play how ever they want with mission length, points earned in a 20 hour slot, the value of any given activity, and the needed points for said event. All can TRIBBLE with your ability to say quicker or not.

So we need hard numbers to know anything past this current upcoming event. We don't even have all the information about the current upcoming event. At this point i am not holding my breath to get them.

My advice taken with a grain of salt is this. You are not going to get the information you want, and figure up a worst case outcome for you and expect that. Any outcome that happens cant be worse than that and you may find its better than a worst case.

Use that baseline to decide what you as a player intend to do after having the full information plan on doing.
    Regardless of your or my view each to there own and above all don't stress about it so much. Not good for your health over some game here to provide entertainment to you and make the company money.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

I mean yeah, they set an item to Mk XV Epic, the fact that they only apply to space weapons make them less than "ultimate" in my opinion.

You're essentially creating a lesser version of something that already exists and making it look the same on the exterior. It would be like creating and selling a T5-U Intel ship. Sure it's got the Intel thing going for it, but it's still lacking that T6 Trait.

Objectively speaking, this newer upgrade is not a good deal compared to the actual Ultimate Upgrade. It does everything the Ultimate Upgrade does, but on a liimited basis.

If you want those to be a thing, you need to up your game on them. Bridge that gap between them and the actual Ultimates.

I would suggest a choice of mod sets when using it, all of which include a traditional "crafted" mod like [Pen] or [Spr].

Ultimate is the category, and compares to Superior, Enhanced, Basic, etc. It only means how much TP/RP it applies to the item.
    Beyond that, you have Universal, Weapon, Ground, Kit, etc, which is the type of upgrade.
    The "Ultimate" upgrades you get in the keyring bundle are really "Ultimate Universal", these are "Ultimate Weapons".

Except I am not.

This is the exact wording from the blog post here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245803-halt-the-mycelial-crisis!

"3x Ultimate Tech Upgrade - Beam/Cannon/Projectile Tech (once per account)

These represent a new spin on the existing Ultimate Tech Upgrades. While they still set the applied item to its maximum Quality/Mark, they may only be used on Starship Weaponry. Use these to take you 3 favorite pieces of Elachi Disruptor Weaponry to the max, or whatever other weapons you love using in Space."

So my point stands.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Changes in Event System will be done no matter how much vocal minority complain...
    And those changes should be done long ago, when events reward become account wide.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since the ship now supposedly takes 'only' 20 days that is a 20% decrease from the normal 25 day for 'Ship' type Events. Applying that to the 'TFO' style Events of 14 days the quickness should then translate to 11 or 12 days to complete. At 60 per day, that would be max of 720, though I think 600 would be better.

If the Reward was a Ground set, you'd get three 'Ultimates', two Ground and one Shield.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Changes in Event System will be done no matter how much vocal minority complain...
    And those changes should be done long ago, when events reward become account wide.

You are entitled to (express) your opinion.
    What you are NOT entitled to is coming into a thread only to insult people, flame and troll.

If you have something to add, then by all means.
    Otherwise, again: go troll somewhere else.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User

Why are you back to being dismissive of other forum users as a vocal minority, and reducing concerns on the HOW the system will work to being complain?

Please point me to the person saying that this change should not take place at all? I have seen one or two posts saying the old system was fine as is. And that there is no need to change. Not needing to change and out right saying it should not change are two different things so please direct me to that post its possible i have missed it.

People speculating and jumping to a worst case outlook is not a unjustifiable act by older players. If cryptic wanted to they could in a instant.

1. Provide details on the how and what will happen in regards to old slotted projects.
    2. Provide the numeric value needed on events by type and required point values.
    3. Provide the days a event type will run.
    4. Describe in detail and provide example's of different type events.
    5. Show pictures of the User Interface changes and context for what is being showcased.

Promote the change as a public relations would of any company wanting to sell a product.
    The fact this information is not coming forward leads to this type of thread and questions on a change.

Yet as i have said already in this thread i don't see this information being given any time soon if at all as i am sure cryptic wants to reserve the right to change it at will. Why at the same time not creating a storm of outrage for having the numbers tossed in there face and called liar's after giving it.

I am sure what is being said and available to say in regards to this are going to be regulated in such a way.

Now i am not bashing a person in this thread or a Dev either. It's not a hard leap to that conclusion i have outlined here.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Except I am not.

This is the exact wording from the blog post here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245803-halt-the-mycelial-crisis!

"3x Ultimate Tech Upgrade - Beam/Cannon/Projectile Tech (once per account)

These represent a new spin on the existing Ultimate Tech Upgrades. While they still set the applied item to its maximum Quality/Mark, they may only be used on Starship Weaponry. Use these to take you 3 favorite pieces of Elachi Disruptor Weaponry to the max, or whatever other weapons you love using in Space."

So my point stands.

I guess I'm not seeing why you are making a big deal over this. Is it because you would rather have 3 upgrades that you can apply to anything?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2019

I guess I'm not seeing why you are making a big deal over this. Is it because you would rather have 3 upgrades that you can apply to anything?

I only have one single problem with it, and that's the name.. nothing more.

I think it's great that they're going to let players take 3 space weapons to Mark XV Ultimate as part of the event reward..

That's great.. well done.. kudos to the dev team.. seriously.

I won't even complain that it's restricted to space weapons.. it's part of the event reward.. it's awesome.

My one and only problem is calling them Ultimate Tech Upgrades. This name is already in use by an item that performs a similar function as this new one. Just to avoid all possible confusion, they should change these items names to something like

'Event Upgrade Tokens - Space Weapons,'

Just as a first thought, I'm not married to the name.

We have had this problem in STO for years now. People confuse items because names are so similar, this goes back to the whole 'why can't I use console X on ship type Y when my ship is that type' question. Because they draw a distinction between a Battlecruiser, a Command Battlecruiser, a Dreadnought Battlecruiser, etc...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. STOP DOING THIS!!

The idea is good.. the concept is good.. it's all good.. just please please.. change the name. This simple little change makes a huge difference.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You mean like the dead-of-night change from the Elite Starter Pack to the Elite Services Starter Pack.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited September 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    You mean like the dead-of-night change from the Elite Starter Pack to the Elite Services Starter Pack.

Yes, but I we're not allowed to discuss that here so I can't include that in the conversation. :*
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

I think it's great that they're going to let players take 3 space weapons to Mark XV Ultimate as part of the event reward..

I won't even complain that it's restricted to space weapons.. it's part of the event reward.. it's awesome.

My one and only problem is calling them Ultimate Tech Upgrades. This name is already in use by an item that performs a similar function as this new one. Just to avoid all possible confusion, they should change these items names to something like

'Event Upgrade Tokens - Space Weapons,'

Just as a first thought, I'm not married to the name.

We have had this problem in STO for years now. People confuse items because names are so similar, this goes back to the whole 'why can't I use console X on ship type Y when my ship is that type' question. Because they draw a distinction between a Battlecruiser, a Command Battlecruiser, a Dreadnought Battlecruiser, etc...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. STOP DOING THIS!!

The idea is good.. the concept is good.. it's all good.. just please please.. change the name. This simple little change makes a huge difference.

^^^This right here.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    ...a false promise given the 20-day timeframe vs the 14-day time frame of a Featured TFO.
    It generally takes 25 days to get a free T6 ship at Summer & Winter. Now, it only takes 20.
    Saying that, getting the Obelisk only took about 30-40 minutes when T5 was the top tier!
    Regardless, the ship is free just by playing the game for a little while - I won't be complaining.

The point is that it was advertised as a faster progression on what was reasonably assumed (based on the blog post) to be the TFO event. It doesn't matter what the prize is because it has no bearing on the issue.

Simply put, the devs HEAVILY implied that the new system would be replacing the old TFO event system, so when it turned out that the "faster progression" meant that what was once a 14 day grind would become a 20 day grind, those people were rightfully upset and felt like they had been lied to.

It's not a matter of wrongdoing or not. It doesn't really matter if the devs were telling the truth ir not. It's the perception of the lying that is going to hurt them in the long run.

They need to get out ahead of this thing PDQ.
    It is a new UI and mechanics for the entire event system itself, not any one specific event. The title refers to the removal of extraneous hoop-jumping in the form of projects and tokens the old system required, not to the length of the reward tracks of any one specific event.

The Mycelial event has not "become" any longer than it has been before, since it has not existed before.

If/when the old single-TFO events are run again, we will see if/how their reward progression is altered. That will then be an entirely separate subject from the UI/system changes made here. Until then, people are just making up stuff to complain about for the sake of complaining.

Except that in the original blog post (found here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11240253-get-event-rewards-quicker!) it very specifically says:

"The Meta Event progression was actually the first phase to the Event UI overhaul. It will also now live in the events tab where you can track your progress for any eligible TFO events and keep an eye out for new and exciting Meta Event rewards."

Can you not agree that the above statement could be construed as the new mechanic taking over the TFO event, considering that it very specifically says it was the first phase and would track your TFO progress.
    No. It's can not be "construed" as anything. It's saying straight out in no uncertain terms that the new UI will be used for all events from now on.

But it's saying nothing about whether some future events are 14 days or not.
    Again, I am not saying that Cryptic's plans are bad. I'm saying that their communication of said plans was lackluster at best.
    No, it wasn't. That was a perfectly clear article. People are just making up stuff to complain about as usual. Nothing has been said about the lenght of old TFO events.

The "getting event rewards quicker" refers to less clicky hassle, not the day-count of events. Or to quote the article:
    "It is worth noting that this will not change the way our seasonal events work but it is now easier to track progress and claim your rewards."
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Why is that a problem? It's not a problem for the Superior upgrades to have many sub-types.

I suppose they probably should rename the original universal Ultimate Upgrade to include the word "Universal" like other universal upgrades, but otherwise there is no reason not call the new one "Ultimate" since that is what it does.
    That's not caused by names being similar, but rather because they don't update the text for the equip restriction as the ship rosters change. Leading to lines like "Any Federation Battle Cruiser," which was perfectly accurate when the Avenger/Fleet Avenger were the only ones that existed but obviously isn't anymore. The ships don't have bad names, the text just needs to be updated to be more specific.
    No, it wasn't. That was a perfectly clear article. People are just making up stuff to complain about as usual. Nothing has been said about the lenght of old TFO events.

It absolutely was. The article is sorely lacking any meaningful information, doesn't come with any kind of example and doesn't answer the many questions we have about it - questions that are still missing proper, fully explained, answers.
    The "getting event rewards quicker" refers to less clicky hassle, not the day-count of events. Or to quote the article:
    "It is worth noting that this will not change the way our seasonal events work but it is now easier to track progress and claim your rewards."

The "getting event rewards quicker" is misleading, at best.
    It lead us to believe that it will require less time to obtain the rewards NOT in the sense that "oh look, you won't have to click anymore!" (again, how can you describe clicking something 3 times in the span of 14 days a "hassle" is beside me).
    As of right now, it may require 5 less day than seasonal events (which occur only twice per year, one time each) but it requires WAY more than the normal ones.

So, all in all, as we've been saying since the beginning: give us ALL the info we need, instead of posting a news that does nothing but make people anxious.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    What gets players concerned here is that the new event involves considerable more time / money to tend to compared to what we ad so far. Even if rewards are taken into the account this remains a matter of fact.

It would really be helpful if cryptic would just say so in blogs in the future instead of beating around the bush with irrelevant and vague information leading to confusion.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I suppose they probably should rename the original universal Ultimate Upgrade to include the word "Universal" like other universal upgrades, but otherwise there is no reason not call the new one "Ultimate" since that is what it does.

Really now? Calling something Ultimate and then it turns out it's DESIGNED to be useless with 2/3rd of a whole is something you'd see as a gag in a cartoon, not as a real life product.

"Haha, I'm the Ultimate Tank!
    -*throws a ham at the so-called ultimate tank, HP bar melts with one hit*... Really?
    -Hey, just because I'm calling myself Ultimate doesn't mean I don't have some restrictions! I'm the Ultimate Tank ONLY when it involves penguins, paper cuts and irken invaders! You should have checked my boss subtitle, duh!"

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    I swear, you people will find anything to complain about. :(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Really now? Calling something Ultimate and then it turns out it's DESIGNED to be useless with 2/3rd of a whole is something you'd see as a gag in a cartoon, not as a real life product.

-*throws a ham at the so-called ultimate tank, HP bar melts with one hit*... Really?
    -Hey, just because I'm calling myself Ultimate doesn't mean I don't have some restrictions! I'm the Ultimate Tank ONLY when it involves penguins, paper cuts and irken invaders! You should have checked my boss subtitle, duh!"

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Gear_Upgrade_System

Just look at the naming convention of the upgrade kits. The first word describes how it upgrades. Basic/improved/superior/etc. Ultimate fits right in if ultimate means it fully upgrades an item. The second word typically tells us what it can upgrade. Ultimate universal would therefore fit right in with others like Expert universal, superior universal, etc. and then something like Ultimate Space Weapon Tech upgrade would be right in line with existing naming conventions.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019

Yeah forums seem to be like this quite a bit. Your luckly your not moderating Elder Scrolls Online's Forums. That would be more of a chore then these forums I'd imagine. Fact is people do like to complain but sometimes we should try and be grateful yes these changes may be inconvenient but also they are doing it to try and attempt to make the system better. Will it be better for everyone no. But Will be interesting to see. One thing I will say its kinda a pity they are increasing the daily cap only to require 200 more for the ships when they should have kept it 1000 only complaint I have at the moment but I'm not really worried about it and will live with it. With the new system we have more options to do certain things and there is a better buyout option not requiring lobi that scales down. I think the new system will be an improvement in many ways. I doubt they are going to change the 14 days event other then the dil rewards. I imagine they will keep the same time frame for the queue events. Then have bonus dil rewards per run per day afterwords.

I'm not sure which point this is in reference to, but if it's my point about the naming of the upgrade then very well, I will refrain from bringing it up again.

The intention of bringing it up was to help potentially cut down on item ambiguity which I feel has long been a problem in Star Trek Online. Having 2 upgrades with almost identical names but with drastically different functionality is not something I see as a good idea.

If that's seen as petty or nitpicking then fair enough, but the honest intent was to provide feedback designed to help alleviate a potential problem.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Sorry, sea, that wasn't a moderation comment. That was a personal observation. By all means, if there's something you feel needs discussing, then do so. Everyone, including me, has opinions.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

The Irken Armada is unstoppable!.. they go on strait line, after all!.. as long as they have snacks..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User

This right here? This is my problem. All of these UI changes and "Events are faster!!!!!!!!" branding feels like nothing more than a cover for the removal of resuming projects at a later date. Even the main moneymaker in the form of the buyout is temporary.

I'm having a genuinely difficult time trying to convince myself that this isn't all just being designed to wring out blood and money from consumers, who are too scared to let a 'limited-time-opportunity' get away. I cannot construct any possible reason that the buyout and event window are finite, barring either genuine incompetence or intentional anti-consumer practices.

This whole thing is Tribbles with a capital T.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    well, they revealed how long the mycelial event will last in that tweet - 30 days​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    well, they revealed how long the mycelial event will last in that tweet - 30 days​​

It also reveals that you won't be able to keep the event to continue it past their buyout deadline. Absolutely terrible change.
This discussion has been closed.