test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Halt the Mycelial Crisis!"

I noticed this in the news, but there is no forum topic to accompany it, so I created this.

1200 points is required for the ship, 60 points can be earned in a 20 hour period. 1200 / 60 = 20. At maximum grind, it will take about 20 days, which is normal-ish.

I am not happy about how many points each episode/patrol/TFO give though. You would have to play the mission twice, or run the TFO twice, or run four patrols.

This is a significant timesink increase over previous events.

Not respecting the player's time is becoming a problem with developers lately.

The numbers should be tweaked as follows: episode gives 60 points, TFO gives 60 points, patrol gives 30 points if it's short and 60 points if it's long.

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I’m really on a mixed bag with this change. It has some ups and has some downs.

Like with most stuff everybody will have individual stakes here and depending on how they are it is a change that can vary from super great to super bad.

One thing is for sure. More to do (or to pay) but also more to get in return so it boils down to how often those events will be run. If it is not so often as the currently overstressed "play the same poo poo for 14 days events" I for my part can live with it just fine because aside from better rewards we get new maps over this that will be played.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Doing the Ice Run or the Risa Floater stuff takes 5 mins/day for 40 days for a ship. They wave a bit with Dil and some fixed upgrader here but with 30 minutes time invest compared to the (let’s abstract it to) 10 we had so far we look at a serious effort increase that is expected from a player and also reflected accordingly by a 6k zen (lol I can’t stand it anymore) buy out option.

If the respective contend is worth it/fun to play by all means; if it’s another Poo Poo over Pahvo annoyance it means a drastically increased suffer-training for the players who feel dedicated to this title compared to what we had before.

Given the wide spread of really good to terri-bad maps we got in the past one can only cross fingers...
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I noticed this in the news, but there is no forum topic to accompany it, so I created this.

1200 points is required for the ship, 60 points can be earned in a 20 hour period. 1200 / 60 = 20. At maximum grind, it will take about 20 days, which is normal-ish.

I am not happy about how many points each episode/patrol/TFO give though. You would have to play the mission twice, or run the TFO twice, or run four patrols.

This is a significant timesink increase over previous events.

The numbers should be tweaked as follows: episode gives 60 points, TFO gives 60 points, patrol gives 30 points if it's short and 60 points if it's long.

Actually, for an event ship, it's normally 25 days to finish it. 40 Q-menndations/Lolnutwhatever/Autographs or whatever per day, 1,000 required. Anniversary Event usually has a single mission for a large sum onf Q-mendations to speed it up by 10 days or so (but the event also runs shorter.)

So in the exchange for doing a bit more each day, you can do with less days. Maybe their "metrics" suggested that on days people can play at all, they have time to play more than just one TFO?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Finally an event you get to actually play instead of just login once a day to pick up token. I don't expect any of the content will be noticeably challenging, but at least there will be variety. Yay for not having to do the same thing every day, or on the same toon.
    Or episode + one patrol, episode + TFO or TFO + two patrols. You could do a different combination every day.
    If time is money, money will will get you the reward in no time. ;)
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Yes I am personally happy with the new system - it will give more variety and fun
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    LOL, "login once a day to pick up token". Yep, sure worked like that. It's not like you actually had to play something to get the tokens... no, it was just a "login reward" kinda thing.

Here, have a mirror to try climbing on, it will be less painful.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    LOL, "login once a day to pick up token". Yep, sure worked like that. It's not like you actually had to play something to get the tokens... no, it was just a "login reward" kinda thing.

ummm you run 1 event and you collect 1 token... now you need to run 2 episodes or 4 patrols etc... it takes longer. and now you need more days... 20 vs 14. ship run events needed 25 yes, but it's 1 run at 5 mins a run. waiting for next winter ship event to see what has changed. but so far this is a bad change, they increased the time sink.
    tigeraries wrote: »

ummm you run 1 event and you collect 1 token... now you need to run 2 episodes or 4 patrols etc... it takes longer. and now you need more days... 20 vs 14. ship run events needed 25 yes, but it's 1 run at 5 mins a run. waiting for next winter ship event to see what has changed. but so far this is a bad change, they increased the time sink.

Exactly. I was answering to warpangel's post - I was just too lazy to quote it.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.

For people who don't want to play the game, maybe.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't see the crisis, either.

It is not locked to one of my characters, I can test it out on various characters in different ship (or builds).
    Don't have to do the same exact mission over and over, my choice to mix it up.
    Cut the number of days down to 20 (from 25).

I doubt it takes any longer to finish a mission or TFO or a patrol...

Granted nothing is as fast as "Flying High" or "Fastest Game on Ice Race". BUT there were people who say they can not do those missions, no matter how hard they tried. Now, do it with Pew-Pew if they choose... no need to learn ground movement control or flying with floaters.

I am sure there will be charts calculating how many of which to do to get to 60 tokens in the least amount of time posted on Reddit and Fleet messages, soon enough.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    warpangel wrote: »

or folks with multiple accounts...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unless they shut down these Threads' the Mycelial 'crisis' will always be with us on the Forums. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    My issue with this is the "update" to how the buyout option is handled. It defeats the purpose of the buyout (to have to play an event as little as possible; 4 runs tops under the previous system). Now, the less of the event you want to play, the more you pay. It's ridiculous, in my opinion. Who the hell is going to pay thirty to sixty bucks worth of Zen to skip an event?

Sorry, Cryptic. I'm prefer to play any ST:D related material as little as possible. I'll be skipping this one, and shoot for getting the ship if it ever hits the Phoenix box.

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    I'm opting out partly because with my personal schedule (or lack thereof) it's hard to ensure I'll have that much time all in one swack, and partly because I'm just not motivated - I think the Elachi ships are almost as ugly as Breen flying office blocks, and won't go that far out of my way to get one.

YMMV, of course, and if you want the Elachi ship, rock on. I hope the missions are fun.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'm not getting why people are saying you have to run the mission twice. Its 45 points for one mission, and 15 per patrol. Do the math.
    45+15=60
    Its one mission and one patrol to cap out for the day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm not getting why people are saying you have to run the mission twice. Its 45 points for one mission, and 15 per patrol. Do the math.
    45+15=60
    Its one mission and one patrol to cap out for the day.

ummm your not gonna run that mission every day. once... maybe 3 times max if it has a set of items. that's it if your doing this on 1 toon... if the set is good maybe on multiple toons, but honestly I do not use any mission sets since I use rep/fleet gear (no gamble boxes). you probably will run ques for the elite mark... so 2 ques a day, if it is not time gated... if it is then 1 que and 2 patrols or 2 different ques. be honest, no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day for 20 days.
    warpangel wrote: »

or folks with multiple accounts...

Or for those that can actually count.
    1 STF vs 1 episode + 1 patrol/4 patrols/1 STF + 2 patrols.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    [quote="tigeraries;c-13535865be honest, no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day for 20 days.[/quote]

Honestly. I would. For a ship.

Try not to speak for everyone, please.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    [quote="tigeraries;c-13535865be honest, no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day for 20 days.

Try not to speak for everyone, please.[/quote]

Should rephrase that to... no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day days for 20 days vs 1 que a day for 14 days... well maybe you still would =0 I would choose to old event style.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    ummm your not gonna run that mission every day. once... maybe 3 times max if it has a set of items.

Alts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ummm your not gonna run that mission every day. once... maybe 3 times max if it has a set of items.

Alts.

How is that supposed to work better? You'd still be running the mission every day, no matter what toon you use do it.

Also, you're missing something in your selective quote:
    that's it if your doing this on 1 toon... if the set is good maybe on multiple toons
    ​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    [quote="tigeraries;c-13535865be honest, no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day for 20 days.

Try not to speak for everyone, please.

Should rephrase that to... no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day days for 20 days vs 1 que a day for 14 days... well maybe you still would =0 I would choose to old event style.

It all depends on how much time one has.

Yes, I would. I have a lot of time on my hands. Maybe too much lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day for 20 days.

That all depends on the TFO.

If the TFO is something like that horrible 'Peril over Phavo' TFO.. then Mission + Patrol is hands down the best method.

For story missions, if you esc through the cut scenes and you have a good high DPS Space/Ground setup, you can power though story missions very very quickly. Not only that, but you don't have to wait in queue or depend on anyone else.. the Mission + Patrol option is an entirely single player option that I think many people will prefer.

Plus.. this will probably be the quickest method since the TFO is only 30 points. This feels backwards to me, it should be TFO - 45 points, Story Mission - 30 points.

TFO+ Patrol + Patrol will likely be slower then just Story Mission + Patrol.

Right now, I am looking at doing Mission + Patrol on the days where time is limited, and on the days where I want to enjoy some teamed content.. I'll probably do the TFO twice.

I'm not too worried about it because honestly.. I expect to make quick work of any of these options. This is still Star Trek Online.. there is no reason for me to expect that any of these will take very long at all. Players will quickly find the 'quickest daily method.'
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    no way would someone grind out the 1 mission and 1 patrol, every day for 20 days.

If the TFO is something like that horrible 'Peril over Phavo' TFO.. then Mission + Patrol is hands down the best method.

For story missions, if you esc through the cut scenes and you have a good high DPS Space/Ground setup, you can power though story missions very very quickly. Not only that, but you don't have to wait in queue or depend on anyone else.. the Mission + Patrol option is an entirely single player option that I think many people will prefer.

Plus.. this will probably be the quickest method since the TFO is only 30 points. This feels backwards to me, it should be TFO - 45 points, Story Mission - 30 points.

Right now, I am looking at doing Mission + Patrol on the days where time is limited, and on the days where I want to enjoy some teamed content.. I'll probably do the TFO twice.

I'm not too worried about it because honestly.. I expect to make quick work of any of these options. This is still Star Trek Online.. there is no reason for me to expect that any of these will take very long at all. Players will quickly find the 'quickest daily method.'

That depends. Some current TFOs can take a while even with a good team, like the temporal one that plays like Groundhog Day, and unless the new ones have short timegates they could take a while. Still, the patrols are supposed to max out to eight minutes at most so if worse comes to worse running those would work.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

That depends. Some current TFOs can take a while even with a good team, like the temporal one that plays like Groundhog Day, and unless the new ones have short timegates they could take a while. Still, the patrols are supposed to max out to eight minutes at most so if worse comes to worse running those would work.

Yep, it's impossible to know what the most efficient method is right now. If the queue is full of timegates, then it will likely be more efficient to blast through the story mission once a day.. likewise, the same could be true of the story mission.

Heck, we don't even know for sure how long the patrols will take.. so at this point it's anyones guess what will be the quickest method. The problem with events like this that go 20+ days is that it makes people lose interest after 1-2 times and start looking for the quickest way to get it over with. This is what leads to AFK'ing event queues.. so that will also be a factor since that's not an issue for Story Missions or Patrols.

Time will tell. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    We also don't know what intrinsic rewards the episode, queue and patrols will have. If the episode has unique items, there may well be reason to play it many times to get them, especially for peeps with many alts.

In any case, it's an interesting new take on things, not having a single piece of content to repeat every day. The queue is in the most precarious position, really. If it turns out unpopular peeps may have hard time getting it to pop, since event queues are not qualified for RTFO. Still, I do expect the queue will likely be the minimum-required-effort route even if not the fastest, since it will likely be autowin like all the disco queues.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Disco arc episodes haven't had anything worth rerunning them for (unless you're after trash to salvage) so thats likely not going to be an enticing option even for alts unless it can be run faster than the tfo.

Buyout comes across as greedily horrific with the 6k initial cost being double a regular ship. Daily bonus dil will no doubt trigger requests to increase the refining cap and its also another way to mess about with the exchange rates.

Tech upgrades are just a trap until such a time that content actually requires gear to be taken above mk12 purples outside elite difficulty.

Looks like the weapons won't become an account purchasable option like the spoonhead or andorian ones (which still vary wildly in price for no reason) so is a way to nudge folk into infinity gambleboxes if they want to kit out alts.
  • acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Looks like the weapons won't become an account purchasable option like the spoonhead or andorian ones (which still vary wildly in price for no reason) so is a way to nudge folk into infinity gambleboxes if they want to kit out alts.

Aren't the initial weapons account-bound? I know it would be a PITA to un-equip them and then re-equip on another toon, but isn't that an option (albeit not the best)?

or am I wrong in that the weapons, once claimed, are character-bound and not account bound?

This discussion has been closed.