test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Earn Event Rewards Quicker!

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The new event format is a good step in the right direction. Some variety to the content/activity, all-toon access, support for playing more than once a day (even if still limited), no more clicky stuffing tokens in the projects manually, etc.

The Mycelial event looks to have the best rewards of any event ever run. And they're all UNIQUE, not yet another boring stack of dil/marks. It's awesome. Really looking forward to it.

And those who just don't want to play the game will have the option of buying the reward, or leaving it.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Personally i would have preferred a daily limit of 90 or 120 contrary to the 60.
    Or a beginners bonus of 240 for playing the FE.

There is more variation, but not to such a degree that it will not be teeth grinding to do so. Twenty days is simply too long.
    Hope the devs read this and make some of the adjustments mentioned above.

Let's settle in 100?, 12 is massively faster than 20 days, so first day, you dont have the time to play all, just the FE, other day, you play the patrol... and if you want to kill yourself playing every day, just play everything every day for 12 days...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Ugh, I liked patrols better when they were short and sweet not as long as a damned mission.

I bought the 1000/800 zen pack ONLY for the ultimate upgrade because it was a cheaper way to get it, I was trying to save enough ultimate upgrades for my sci toons build so they finally have a decent build and I only have 3 so far, but now I will have to give up on it.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Ugh, I liked patrols better when they were short and sweet not as long as a damned mission.

I bought the 1000/800 zen pack ONLY for the ultimate upgrade because it was a cheaper way to get it, I was trying to save enough ultimate upgrades for my sci toons build so they finally have a decent build and I only have 3 so far, but now I will have to give up on it.

If you do not get all the ultimate upgrades you need before they change things you could always finish off the remaining upgrades the normal way during upgrade weekends. The dill exchange rates will probably go back to the high dill to zen ratio soon anyway so the cash you spend for the ultimates would buy a lot of phoenix upgrades though it is slightly more hassle.

I kind of like the new system, the ship coupon thing was a breeze compared to the old way, and from what they are obliquely saying it could even be best of both worlds if they do it right.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    yeah, i'd like to know what average they're basing that around, though - because the majority of the game's players are still utter n00blords who are lucky if they can breach 5K​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @phoenix841 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That was a secondary reward, spread over 3 events. 3 events that still had a primary prize of 50k Dil and whatever widget of the day it was.

I was referring to a comment made about never getting a ship outside the Winter, Summer, and Anniversary Events.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @phoenix841 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That was a secondary reward, spread over 3 events. 3 events that still had a primary prize of 50k Dil and whatever widget of the day it was.

I was referring to a comment made about never getting a ship outside the Winter, Summer, and Anniversary Events.

I know, I made that comment.
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Coldnapalm, you're forgetting something when it comes to ship events. No ship event previously ever had 50,000 dilithium as a reward, so you cannot apply the same reward to this event.

Also, the reward will increased per day. So, it might be 5,000 the first day, 10,000 the second, 15,000 the third day and so on. However, it could also be scaling that its 5, 6, 7 etc. which would put it less, but until we know how much time we have to deal with, its hard to know just what we're looking at. Just know that its unfair to judge this to the 21 day event.

True, though we've also never had a ship event outside of the usual 3 (winter, summer, anniversary).
    Technically, we just did. Free T6 Ship of your choice from the C-Store.
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Technically, we just did. Free T6 Ship of your choice from the C-Store.

That was a secondary reward, spread over 3 events. 3 events that still had a primary prize of 50k Dil and whatever widget of the day it was.

LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    some one on twitter pointed out that the amount a days played is increased as well up to 20 days to finish , instead of the 14 , so less time to miss the event Also with the login server issues that happen lately with events running , (i missed a couple of days in the summer event due to this ), now i cant afford to actually miss a day due to a Server issue ,
    But i can spend real cash to make them up ?? REALLY?? then you also lowered the amount of DIL you can earn during a event ? HMM seems fishy to me . you want me to spend money? then put ships out of boxes and into the store , i would have paid Zen for alot of the disco ships that are lock box only just saying
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    hm...

Well i am glad we have some information regarding this and now at least have some ideal as to how the new system works.
    As a side note all i have a stake in loss would be some tokens that why i would love some form of reward for the play time taken to get them it is not what i would call a deal breaker for me. And any event item i still have slotted i have already finished on a 2nd toon meaning it is already account unlocked for me. But i do want answers regarding this post as i want to clean the area if it will make it a smother transition. And i don't want to be looking at buy now offers on something i already have earned filling up a window.

The good:

I can advance on more than one toon giving me the option to spread out the marks on differnt ones as needed.
    Also i no longer will feel the need to run 9 alts thru events along with my main.
    I can use a option to just pay and get the items why not placing it in the store for just the item it self it is at least a closer thing to that end.

The bad:
    The ideal of being able to launch to a mission i find good but i do hope it dumps you out to sector either near said location or like the red alerts some where in sector. Why a person can q and play for what limited time they may have. It would still make the person at least take a few min to use the map once a week not just sit at a bank launching things.

On to the next questions then.
    How many events will this second chance window hold and for how long?
    Is it a second chance for one event only until the next event?
    Or will players have the option to buy some events and not others or is it a must buy to advance to the next one?
    Will we have the option to work on a held event if it is offered again. Such as winter/summer events. Or has that ended?
    As to the left over tokens players have what is to become of them? Also as to any event items left in there account toons yet to finish? If a plan is already in place withholding that information may not be the best transparent way to do it.

Direct questions:
    Will the remaining event projects in players event rep area be moved to a active stance and given time to earn?
    Will they auto complete granting what ever the prize was?
    Or will they be placed in second chance area and offer a buy out option?

I look forward to more information on this and any dev blogs regarding it. Please place either a updated OP link to the information as it is presented. Or post a follow link in this thread so i can find such with out needing a fellow player that has better search or notifications of changes than i have time to locate.

See everyone in game have fun.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245803-halt-the-mycelial-crisis!
    Players will be able to earn up to 60 Progress Points every 20 hours, which starts counting down when you receive your first Progress for the day.
    Accruing a total of 1200 Progress Points will allow you to claim the Grand Prize of the Mycelial Crisis Event. This reward includes all of the following:

1200/60 = 20

So 20 days of grind instead of 14?

Actually, it's even worse than that, since completing a single TFO is no longer enough to get you full credit for the day.
    Episode: "Beneath the Skin": 45 Progress
    TFO :"Mycelial Realm": 30 Progress
    Patrols *: "Mycelial Operations": 15 Progress EACH

"Get Event Rewards Quicker!": I'm really failing to see how this is any quicker.
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The new event format is a good step in the right direction. Some variety to the content/activity, all-toon access, support for playing more than once a day (even if still limited), no more clicky stuffing tokens in the projects manually, etc.

1) Longer event, so even more repetitive than what it is now.
    2) We already had "all-toon access", seeing as the reward was already account-wide. And really, seeing as you don't care about "boring stacks of dil/marks", I don't imagine you were playing with more than one toon, so what's the problem?
    3) Support for grinding more than once a day? You got it!
    4) No more "slot the project ONCE - get all the tokens - use fill all button"? You got this too!
    The Mycelial event looks to have the best rewards of any event ever run. And they're all UNIQUE, not yet another boring stack of dil/marks. It's awesome. Really looking forward to it.

Best ever and unique, uh? Let's see:
    1) At the time of writing, these "unique" weapons are sold on the exchange from 2.3 millions and I've seen a lot of people using them - and discarding them in favour of other stuff - over the years. That's because these weapons have been in game since... what, 2013? Yep, VERY unique!
    2) Universal Tech Upgrade can be bought on the C-Store whenever the Key Ring Bundle is available, pluse the keys of course, which gives a nice profite when sold. But you're right, the ones we're getting with this event? Really unique, seeing as instead of being universal, they will only be usable to upgrade ship weapons.
    3) The ship is the only unique thing, and since we don't know anything about it yet, that could be a good thing or really, really bad.
    And those who just don't want to play the game will have the option of buying the reward, or leaving it.
    And those that will not have enough time for 20 days - out of who knows how long - to play will either have to PAY for the reward of leave it be.

Yep, we sure are moving in the "right direction".​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    So any chronically ill player who can't play for 20+ minutes per day for 20+ days are just out of luck because there's no chance of getting the reward next event. Thanks Cryptic, this is the last you see from me.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

If divided equally, one would have to run each content 8 times to get 1,200 points. So less repetition than doing the same one 14 times.
    2) We already had "all-toon access", seeing as the reward was already account-wide. And really, seeing as you don't care about "boring stacks of dil/marks", I don't imagine you were playing with more than one toon, so what's the problem?
    We didn't have all-toon access, since the tokens were character bound you had to play all 14 runs on the same toon.
    If you think playing the game is "grinding," feel free to not play it.
    4) No more "slot the project ONCE - get all the tokens - use fill all button"? You got this too!
    Which is still 100% more hassle than the stuff just counting automatically.

1) At the time of writing, these "unique" weapons are sold on the exchange from 2.3 millions and I've seen a lot of people using them - and discarding them in favour of other stuff - over the years. That's because these weapons have been in game since... what, 2013? Yep, VERY unique!
    Still very unique compared to the usual reward of the same currencies that are dropped by practically everything you do, yes.
    2) Universal Tech Upgrade can be bought on the C-Store whenever the Key Ring Bundle is available, pluse the keys of course, which gives a nice profite when sold. But you're right, the ones we're getting with this event? Really unique, seeing as instead of being universal, they will only be usable to upgrade ship weapons.
    A unique item created specifically for this event.
    3) The ship is the only unique thing, and since we don't know anything about it yet, that could be a good thing or really, really bad.
    A ship is a ship is a ship.
    And those that will not have enough time for 20 days - out of who knows how long - to play will either have to PAY for the reward of leave it be.
    Exactly!

You can earn the reward, buy the reward, or not. No freebies.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    edited September 2019
    I can't believe you people are comparing the now old 14 day trinket earning event to the new 20 day ship earning event, when you should be comparing the new 20 day ship earning event to the 25 day ship earning events. It's a SHIP people, not some lackluster raygun or kit module clicky. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Actually, Anniversary was 15 day as you got 400 for doing the Featured Episode (or the last time 200 for each of two Episodes).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    The real question is: How long will the event last? Please don't say 21 days.
    @ltminns True, but Anniversary events don't typically run as long as Summer or Winter, if I'm remembering correctly. And running an episode for 400 vouchers takes a bit longer than a TFO.

@finsches123 Also true. The time limit is an x factor in all of this, though I believe it's highly unlikely they will be 21 day events. My guess is 30-40 days.
    GrWzQke.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I can't believe you people are comparing the now old 14 day trinket earning event to the new 20 day ship earning event, when you should be comparing the new 20 day ship earning event to the 25 day ship earning events. It's a SHIP people, not some lackluster raygun or kit module clicky. :/

Hey... i am actually more likely to make use of ground items/kit modules than of the ship once i have grabbed the mastery.

Edit:
    But the point being is that while the reward is a ship this time the UI is going to be standardized over all new events and that lengthens the time required to finish the events. Previously we could finish an event in 14 days, but now we'll be stuck with a minimum of 20 days regardless of the reward.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

Hey... i am actually more likely to make use of ground items/kit modules than of the ship once i have grabbed the mastery.

Edit:
    But the point being is that while the reward is a ship this time the UI is going to be standardized over all new events and that lengthens the time required to finish the events. Previously we could finish an event in 14 days, but now we'll be stuck with a minimum of 20 days regardless of the reward.
    And the event is 20 days long this time.

But in any case, if you don't feel the reward for any given event is worth the effort, you can choose to not do it. Nobody is "stuck with" anything.
    @questerius Reward value is subjective between players, granted. My point was 14 days for a kit module seems to be ok, but 20 days for a ship is too much work? Come on!

And we know that it's 20 days for THIS reward - the ship. We honestly do not know whether the point requirements would be adjusted down for say, a kit module reward, for future events, thereby shortening the number of days. It's totally something that could be done while the overall structure remain the same.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this year's Winter event using this same model, while allowing other winter activities to track towards earning the ship instead of just "Fastest Game on Ice" being the only event eligible.
    GrWzQke.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    @questerius Reward value is subjective between players, granted. My point was 14 days for a kit module seems to be ok, but 20 days for a ship is too much work? Come on!

And we know that it's 20 days for THIS reward - the ship. We honestly do not know whether the point requirements would be adjusted down for say, a kit module reward, for future events, thereby shortening the number of days. It's totally something that could be done while the overall structure remain the same.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this year's Winter event using this same model, while allowing other winter activities to track towards earning the ship instead of just "Fastest Game on Ice" being the only event eligible.

Time will tell, but given the information at hand i cannot help being a skeptic.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    That's why I'm thinking the time for this run may be well upward of 40 days, maybe even close to a couple of weeks shy of the next Event.

Hopefully with this recast of Events, 1200 will not be the goal for Events similar to the TFO Events, maybe just half at 600 points with the rewards being Not-a-Ship. The other ancillary rewards would be cut appropriately.

They also ought to get back to adding decent and multiple Rewards to the 'Featured Episode' that goes along with one of these new Events, especially with the Bataan March to 1200. Twice a day for twenty days, even if any day, or amongst days is with different alts.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2019

If divided equally, one would have to run each content 8 times to get 1,200 points. So less repetition than doing the same one 14 times.
    Yep, sure. Tell me: one patrol is 15 points... how much is 15x8, again?
    We didn't have all-toon access, since the tokens were character bound you had to play all 14 runs on the same toon.
    We did have all-toon access to the reward, which is EXACTLY what matters. Running the same content again and again is not gonna make it more palatable just because I can use my Jem'Hadar and my Romulan, for example.
    If you think playing the game is "grinding," feel free to not play it.
    Feel free to NOT puth words in my mouth, and since apparently what I meant wasn't to clear - to you, that's it - I'm gonna explain in simple terms: PLAYING the game means I play for FUN. Repeating the same episode/TFO/patrol for 20 days straight is not FUN, it's grinding.
    Which is still 100% more hassle than the stuff just counting automatically.
    Yes, because clicking 3 times (slotting the project, fill all button, collect reward) in 14 days is SUCH a hassle!

Still very unique compared to the usual reward of the same currencies that are dropped by practically everything you do, yes.
    Ah, so weapons that ANYONE can buy on the exchange and that can be passed from one toon to the next are MORE unique than Dilithium, which is needed for fleet projects, to convert in Zen, to buy equipment through reputation projects (some of which is currently the best in game), and so fort?
    Same thing applies to the marks, I suppose. Not like THOSE are needed for anything, right?
    A unique item created specifically for this event.
    Nope, read again: this is just a preview of what's to come on the C-Store. So, while it may be "unique" it won't be for much longer. And while it might be a nice little bonus for this event, it sure as hell won't be worth the hassle of PAYING for it once it goes live.
    A ship is a ship is a ship.
    Not if the ship is not worth it.
    Exactly!

You can earn the reward, buy the reward, or not. No freebies.

LOL, "freebies". I'm not even bothering with this one... but thank you for the laugh.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.