test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command Romulan Ships on any faction

Comments

• valorimvalorim Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    This has now made my mastery system list shoot up into the the thousands of hours to get my toons unlocking ship mastery done. There is some cross over but still a ton of work, they REALLY need to fix the mastery issues if they are gonna be just giving us hundreds of ships to work through over multiple characters.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    [Edit] - Nevermind.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    "Trolling comments moderated out" Cryptics XD u just bun who disagree with u XD shame, i'm out
    edited September 2019
    Enjoy the game ;) or what they did or will do XD
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Another rendition in the offing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,210 Community Moderator
    *sigh*
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    You know, I'd like to see even if there isn't cross faction kdf federation, I'd rather they didn't do that but I would like to see is cross faction admiraity card claim. A seperate system to claim admirality cards for any ship you do own no matter the faction. Since we are an alliance and not really seperate factions anymore. Game wise should be able to command a fleet of alliance vessels. Including cross faction operations. Even if we can't really do cross faction do to the code. I think they could allow us to have admiralty cards from the other faction to help each other out. Also given the agreement that allowed unrestricted ship travel in peaceful times between the federation and the kdf, having that reinstated. Would be benificial and can be used as an excuse to allow cross faction admiralty cards even if not cross faction ships. Till that time having them for admiraity options are a help to those that are lacking them in the kdf. I imagine. But yeah it kinda makes each faction like not as unique. But since the ships are available cross faction. I think its time uniforms were as well. Since its kinda hard to believe the factions would allow ships but not their uniforms to be worn by those commanding and representing that faction.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    leemwatson wrote: »
    If there is an uptick of Romulan ships being purchased/used, would that lead to the devs creating more Romulan based content?

And does it really matter whom flies what? I mean, you don't really interact with other players in pvp matches, you only see their ship. Yes, you do see a small avatar of their character on the team stats, but that's it. The only big change I feel will be more Romulan ships outside of ESD.

You're missing the fact they have the largest unique storyline amongst all the factions, with more episodes than JH, DSC, ToS and 2409 feds combined. Klingons have the next biggest arc.

You keep using this like it means something, as if having more "unique" missions to start somehow.. puts Romulans ahead or Klingons. As if every single shared mission isn't written straight up like your a Federation captain no matter what faction your characters from.

Sure your right they are not 'unique' to the Federation as in only Federation characters play them, but lets not fool ourselves into missing the fact that everything post starting missions is Federation content that Roms, KDF, and Doms get to play
  • firebeard#3273 firebeard Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    When I read about this I was hoping to command the LTS warbird .. but no joy lol

It seems like a natural evolution since the events speak of mutual cooperation with New Romulus and is something that DTan would do. I can also see the Tal Shiar not willing to play along and it may open a new story arc.
    "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
  • As a person who plays mostly Romulans, I have no problem with Feds flying Warbirds. In fact, given how the Romulan Republic story unfolds it makes a lot of sense. :)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @firebeard#3273 said:
    > When I read about this I was hoping to command the LTS warbird .. but no joy lol
    >
    > It seems like a natural evolution since the events speak of mutual cooperation with New Romulus and is something that DTan would do. I can also see the Tal Shiar not willing to play along and it may open a new story arc.

The Tal Shiar are a remmnant, insurgent organization, akin to the Taliban, they are not a part of the Republic and in fact there is a cutscene of D'Tan rejecting the Tal Shiar. There is no new story arc to explore, the Tal Shiar are terrorists and war criminals, nothing more, and will be treated as such, nothing more.

Laws make criminals. The Tal Shiar were convicted in the Court of Public Opinion and found guilty according to Federation laws not Romulan. Their stated goal was to reintroduce and reinstate Romulan influence. Their methods were abhorrent and offended our sensibilities but their intent was clear - unification. Why is this different than S31 operating in the dark and by their own admission, do the work that no one is willing to acknowledge in order to peace keep the galaxy in accordance with Federation rules and laws. Does S31 do and make backroom deals with powers that can extend Federation influence - Yes. What are the S31 methods - Unknowable. Both organizations started as administrative enforcement arms which have since been granted autonomy. I think we should reexamine our own backyard before we jump on the Tal Shiar is bad bandwagon. Lest we become hypocrites ..

DTan rejected the Tal Shiar because they are a political rival. DTan would, in my opinion, be foolish to simply dismiss the Tal Shiar and their far reaching and deep influence(s). DTan has already shown himself to be a protective politician, by laying claim to the Iconian gateway and refusing the Federation full access - only shared data. I think there is more to DTan than people realize.
    "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The Tal'Shiar are traitors who served the iconians. Section 31 is villainous, sure, but not to the point of siding with the ones that destroyed their own homeworld.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,210 Community Moderator
    Ok, let's stop with the real world stuff least it diverge into a political debate or argument.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    warpangel wrote: »
    The Tal'Shiar are traitors who served the iconians. Section 31 is villainous, sure, but not to the point of siding with the ones that destroyed their own homeworld.

The intent was not to destroy their homeworld but rather to secure it. The Tal Shiar had no interest in serving the Iconians nor letting the Iconians continue beyond a stated point. To the Tal Shiar, the Iconians were an means to an end, Both Sela and the Tal Shiar had unification at the heart of their agenda(s). We recognize DTan because he does not offend our perceptions of what we consider to be virtuous. DTan is an isolationist, regardless of what he says. He has already bounced all but Remans from any dealings in the daily affairs of the government. He seeks unification with the Remans, while Sela and the Tal Shiar intended to unify the Romulans.

S31 does nothing dissimilar than the Tal Shiar. The objectives are the same, S31 seeks to maintain Federation control through covert and covet means. S31 has access to advanced technologies that, by admission, have offworld origins. This is the same stated objective used by the Tal Shiar - researched Borg devices to combat the incursions, as well as Iconian technology. These advancements were imbedded into Romulan vessels, just as S31 has done with its patrol ships. The only difference is that the Tal Shiar did so to find weakness and weaponize the same technology for the defense of the Romulan Republic while S31 chooses to advance its own agenda. I fear S31 more than the Tal Shiar. S31 has access to essentially unlimited resources and is authorized to conscript any Federation member citizen or any Federation member world vessel for unstated purposes. This is far more dangerous than any threat, whether real or perceived, by the Tal Shiar.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Obsidian Order.

Battle of the Omarion Nebula.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The intent was not to destroy their homeworld but rather to secure it. The Tal Shiar had no interest in serving the Iconians nor letting the Iconians continue beyond a stated point. To the Tal Shiar, the Iconians were an means to an end, Both Sela and the Tal Shiar had unification at the heart of their agenda(s). We recognize DTan because he does not offend our perceptions of what we consider to be virtuous. DTan is an isolationist, regardless of what he says. He has already bounced all but Remans from any dealings in the daily affairs of the government. He seeks unification with the Remans, while Sela and the Tal Shiar intended to unify the Romulans.
    "bounced"? Wouldn't that imply that races other than Romulans actually had a role in his regime at some point? D'tan's regime was started as a group of refugees fleeing the Romulan Civil war. The civil war that got so bad at least one of the border worlds decided they'd rather join the Federation than deal with it.
    S31 does nothing dissimilar than the Tal Shiar. The objectives are the same, S31 seeks to maintain Federation control through covert and covet means. S31 has access to advanced technologies that, by admission, have offworld origins. This is the same stated objective used by the Tal Shiar - researched Borg devices to combat the incursions, as well as Iconian technology. These advancements were imbedded into Romulan vessels, just as S31 has done with its patrol ships. The only difference is that the Tal Shiar did so to find weakness and weaponize the same technology for the defense of the Romulan Republic while S31 chooses to advance its own agenda. I fear S31 more than the Tal Shiar. S31 has access to essentially unlimited resources and is authorized to conscript any Federation member citizen or any Federation member world vessel for unstated purposes. This is far more dangerous than any threat, whether real or perceived, by the Tal Shiar.
    Since we're looking at it from a Romulan point of view, how much of that falls inside the mandate of the Tal Shiar? See, one fact you seem to have missed completely, WHY did Hobus happen? Romulus was destroyed as part of an internal power struggle. Hakeev wanted more power than he had already. Hobus happened as part of a coup.

Under Hakeev's guidance the Tal'shiar took over the functions of the Romulan military. Sela's loyalists are the only surviving members of the old star navy. Everyone else either got killed or defected to the Tal Shiar or Republic. This is akin to the CIA seizing control of the US Navy, then declaring that their leader is now President. Section 31 is a branch of Federation military intelligence.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.