test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Earn Event Rewards Quicker!

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It is 25 days, not 40. The 40 you are thinking of is 40 dohickies a day awarded.

I mean that you have 40 days to complete the event.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    If the top is 60, then 4 patrols should do the trick, if they are as short as they say. I like the idea of patrols, and mix them up a little with a TFO, i just hope that every patrol is elegible, because playing the same four patrols every day will be tiresome..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    So you can run 2 TFO or 4 patrols for 20 days. I mean, that's not good. It could be ok if the TFO is very short - but that would be a case by case thing and highly unlikely. More likely is that it will be time gated to be at least 15 min. If it is say 15-20 min and the patrols are like 3 min I'll be doing 4 patrols.

I guess it will be around 35 days like winter wonderland. though it may be a little shorter if they want to further limit dil rewards for continued play.

patrols are likely not going to be 3 minutes, since they've already gone on record saying each one will take approximately 8 minutes​​

Ouch.

that is really all that needs be said.

so we are looking at at least 30 min a day.

I don't think I have skipped an event in 8 years but this may be the first. Not willing to do more time per day than a mirror invasion run.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    32 minutes for just a ship is a little worse than the summer and winter events, which only take 3-5 minutes - and even the anniversary tends to be rather short

but this isn't JUST a ship they're giving - it's also weapons and upgrades, so...not sure that balances it out, really, but they ARE giving more than just the ship​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    So, if I get my info right from the most recent blog, the new event system works like this:

1,200 progress points are what you need to claim your prize.

You can only earn 60 points every 20h.

That's pretty much 20 mandatory days to grind the event.

That's an additional week of what we used to have for events other than the summer, anniversary and winter ones..

Also, 60 points means either doing the same TFO twice or 4 patrols, or a mix of these.

So, that's already at least twice more work than the previous system where 1 TFO was enough to complete your day.

Once the event is over, you can't gain more progress points for it from the next events the regular free grindy way.

The only way to complete it is via the buyout system, which involves Zen.

The buyout price starts at 6,000 zen and goes down every day.

So, to skip 10 days, you pay 3,000 zen. That's 3 times the former price to get 10 days worth of FTFO commendations.

Well, I'll admit, I let out a few swear words in my native French when I read that and compared with what we used to have. After the last polite question below, that's all I have to say right now.

How.
    Is.
    That.
    Quicker?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    To the people who complain that this system is longer than the 14 day events...well yes, but this is a ship they are giving away.

You are correct, this is a ship giveaway and I suppose it should be a bit more involved in order to obtain said ship. I perhaps was a bit harsh in my initial judgement of the new system and applied it to other non-ship rewards as well. That is shortsighted on my part and I own up to that.

What I will not change my stance on though is that while this first event does seem it will be somewhat shorter in the amount of days needed to obtain the ship than in other events, the method required in getting the ship will be significantly longer.

Other event ships require running either a flying obstacle course, an ice covered course or a minigame that each takes maybe 5 minutes tops for 25 days. That's 2 hours and 5 minutes over that 25 day span.

I doubt this new queue will be able to be run twice in under 5 minutes total. I doubt running 4 of these new patrols will be able to be finished in under 5 minutes total. I severely doubt the new mission alone will take less than 5 minutes to run. That certainly sounds to me like it's going to be much more of a grind than for any previous event ship. And that is what I have issue with.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Where did you all get that new information from? I'm old and not doing social media much... from what is posted here, I may have to abandon the notion of getting event stuff in the future due to my RL.

Edit: I have no intention to bash anyone, just applying what I've read to my reality... still need an official source, because I haven't found anything official in the official forums yet.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

Where did you all get that new information from? I'm old and not doing social media much... from what is posted here, I may have to abandon the notion of getting event stuff in the future due to my RL.
    From the new posts on the site: https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245803-halt-the-mycelial-crisis%21
    #TASforSTO
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I told you that this was about the Ultimate Upgrades. Normally, you could get one per Keyring. That is between 1800 (20% off) and 2250 Zen, lets average that to 2000. Three times that is what, 6000 Zen. What else costs 6000? The new buyout at start.

The Featured TFO Commendation Bundle was sold for 1000 Zen (800 on opening Weekend, so 2400 to 3000. That gives those three Ultimates at half price and you weren't buying their Key Lifeblood.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited September 2019
    I told you that this was about the Ultimate Upgrades. Normally, you could get one per Keyring. That is between 1800 (20% off) and 2250 Zen, lets average that to 2000. Three times that is what, 6000 Zen. What else costs 6000? The new buyout at start.

The Featured TFO Commendation Bundle was sold for 1000 Zen (800 on opening Weekend, so 2400 to 3000. That gives those three Ultimates at half price and you weren't buying their Key Lifeblood.
    The previous Ultimate Upgrades weren't locked for Beam/Cannon/Projectile Tech only, though.

Also, for those curious, Elachi weapon packs are at around 2M EC each (in stacks, they're more expensive alone) on the exchange. And the weapons they give are NOT Bind on Pickup, unlike those of the event.
    #TASforSTO
    Sorry, my comment was in response to Coldnapalm not yours. Yours was not posted yet when I was composing mine.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    As a very casual player, I rely on those events to feed dilithium into my account.
    If I'm not getting dil for normal completion of events (and instead only bonus runs), well my account will be starved and die.

The upgrades are nice, but I don't upgrade gear much already, so they aren't of that much interest to me.

I guess this is the start of Cryptic nerfing dilithium for the exchange.

My lifetime stipend + event dilthium = Zen purchases for me.

Also, in what world is 6000z buyout a reasonable purchase? That's insanity. The ship is only worth 3000, the rest is junk as far as I'm concerned.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    They may give enough time to do the one Project until almost the next Event shows up. May explain some of their squirrelly wording about Project visibility and post Event buyouts
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    The Episode better have a multitude of Reward items to select from. I don't see how it would be sustainible doing it twice a day for 20 days otherwise.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    From the new posts on the site: https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11245803-halt-the-mycelial-crisis%21

Again, not intending to bash anyone, but that means I can give up on events. Good for me, as I now can use my in-game time to do what I love, but it also means I won't go over the edge to make time to go in-game anymore.

Edit: Although there is still no word what will happen to slotted event projects, I've given up to ever get these rewards. I'll probably get some starship-emotes instead, which I'm not the least interested in.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    As Reddit user RynnisOne so very eloquently wrote up

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/cyqui1/halt_the_mycelial_crisis/
    I don't know if the devs are listening, but it sure looks like they are.
    • People wanted some variety in the "Special TFO" requirements, because playing Pahvo or Riposte over and over (and over and over) quickly became insanely tiresome, even though the TFO itself was fairly easy. Now we can run a TFO, a mission, or five different patrols... and it only takes 4 of the latter to max out daily progress anyway. And usually those take less than 4 or 5 minutes to do.
    • The 'buyout' process from before gave you a set advantage on the points, but didn't complete it. Now if you want to, you can buy it out immediately, or just keep playing until you're willing to fork over the money.
    • Players have often lamented that their schedules or other issues in life kept them from being unable to complete the event, even with a purchase option that grants them progress. We've also wanted a way to clear out some of the old ones while still being able to work on the new content. Now, due to the scaling buyout feature this is still possible, and you don't have to wait a year for specific events to roll back around.
    • It's a double-edged sword here, but now your alts can contribute to your main progress. Since they are no longer tracked independently, you can just play whatever toon you want. The counter-argument to this is that it's not as possible to farm it across multiple toons. And while that's true, and a rather divisive decision, I'm not going to complain as I'm in the camp of not wanting to always use the same character all the time.
    • Post-event rewards. 5,000 Dil per day is pretty damn impressive, and far better than the token trades we had before. Except that the value apparently goes up. I'd gladly trade this for having to run multiple TFO's on multiple alts.
    • Bonus rewards. For the longest time, our rewards have always been Dil, Marks, and choice of either a weak upgrade or a spec point. Now we have some INTERESTING rewards. 3 Ultimate Upgrades for weapons?!? 8 weapon packs of an obscure weapon? And the latter can be upgraded by the former? Sounds great to me!
    • Less required event time. Yes, please. I like the events, but it seemed like many of them just took so incredibly long. Shaving this down a little is appreciated.
    So, in conclusion...

Thank you, Devs, for trying. This is much better progress than I expected, and the extra side benefits (ultimate tech upgrades, weapons pack) are a nice personal touch that is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to the new content.

So...shilled nicely...k.

Let's see...the patrol time is a lie since they said it will take 8 min already per patrol.

The buy out process now costs 3x what it did before on a per day basis and 4.3x as much on a per project basis. While people might have asked for a better buy out system...asking for it cost 3x as much is NOT what ANYONE asked for. And that is being nice.

The once per account basically kills what little progress small fleets makes on those 5 tier projects. Might as well tell small fleets to merge into bigger ones unless they finished those project. Also starting at 5k is a joke for people who were using these events to feed fleet projects. You would need to triple that for it even remotely start to make up for what they use to get vs less work at it. Especially without the bulk 50 per toon. 5k per account is literally nothing. You make that per toon with just your daily rep turn.

Interesting reward is subjective. Okay personally I like the upgrades...but the weapons...meh. I care not one bit about those. If I did, I would have gotten them ages ago. These are not new weapons. These are weapons that has been in the game for many years now. So whatever.

Less event time is an out right lie at this point. You have to play 5 days less than a winter or summer event...in less total days given but have to play 8x or more longer per day. That is in no way shape or form less event time. Compared to the old 14 day events, you don't even have the less days with longer play time per day. So yeah no. OUT RIGHT LIE.

Good try there som tho...nobody other than fellow shills buys this at this point.

Coldnapalm, you're forgetting something when it comes to ship events. No ship event previously ever had 50,000 dilithium as a reward, so you cannot apply the same reward to this event.

Also, the reward will increased per day. So, it might be 5,000 the first day, 10,000 the second, 15,000 the third day and so on. However, it could also be scaling that its 5, 6, 7 etc. which would put it less, but until we know how much time we have to deal with, its hard to know just what we're looking at. Just know that its unfair to judge this to the 21 day event.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    Coldnapalm, you're forgetting something when it comes to ship events. No ship event previously ever had 50,000 dilithium as a reward, so you cannot apply the same reward to this event.

Also, the reward will increased per day. So, it might be 5,000 the first day, 10,000 the second, 15,000 the third day and so on. However, it could also be scaling that its 5, 6, 7 etc. which would put it less, but until we know how much time we have to deal with, its hard to know just what we're looking at. Just know that its unfair to judge this to the 21 day event.

True, though we've also never had a ship event outside of the usual 3 (winter, summer, anniversary).
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Ohhh, the buyout include a ship... a T6 ship, that in any other case goes on the C-Store foe 3k, so half of what this new "shiny" buyout option is going for. But look "if you play HALF of the event, you're gonna spend the same as if you were buying it directly from the C-Store, plus weapons that goes for pretty much nothing on the exchange that we put in game YEARS ago! Such a sweet deal, you MUST use it".

I sincerely hope that the next events - you know, the "normal" ones that doesn't give a ship as a reward - will have a much more reasonable buyout option, (not that I'm gonna use it anyway).

As for the Universal Upgrade Tech... who asked them to put it in there?
    Even more, who asked them to put them in the last buyout option? No one.
    So, they made a mistake and now we're paying the price for their short sightedness. As per bloody usual.

I can buy a SHIP BUNDLE for that price. One that, given the new changes they've made to Romulans Ships with very few exceptions (one that I do NOT agree with, but many will take advantage of) gives TWO ships to ALL characters.
    Now, let THAT sink... if you're still agreeing that this deal is much better than the old events, then: "You're lying! Not just to me, it doesn't matter, but to yourself as well".​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Technically, we just did. Free T6 Ship of your choice from the C-Store.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Technically, we just did. Free T6 Ship of your choice from the C-Store.

That was a secondary reward, spread over 3 events. 3 events that still had a primary prize of 50k Dil and whatever widget of the day it was.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Personally i would have preferred a daily limit of 90 or 120 contrary to the 60.
    Or a beginners bonus of 240 for playing the FE.

There is more variation, but not to such a degree that it will not be teeth grinding to do so. Twenty days is simply too long.
    Hope the devs read this and make some of the adjustments mentioned above.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.