test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone else want playable borg ships?

1235»

Comments

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Personally i'm not interested in Borg ships as playable but I would like ISA/KSA/CSA/IGA/KGA/CGA to have Elite versions reinstated and give the Borg some of their menace back.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    Personally i'm not interested in Borg ships as playable but I would like ISA/KSA/CSA/IGA/KGA/CGA to have Elite versions reinstated and give the Borg some of their menace back.

i would just love to see them have more teeth. this weekend brought to me how laughably easy the Borg red alert is. I don't fly the elachi red alert but the Nakul and tholian alerts are far harder than the Borg
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • kradarakkradarak Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would like to play a liberated borg ship, even if it turns out to suck. No regrets. As for the concern about which way is the front of the ship, that's as easy as adding a lil red line to the front of the ship showing direction...there are solutions, and easy solutions to things such as that. The story sounds like the difficult part. I mean, what have the liberated borg been doing? Where is their space? Captains would have to get suggestions and news from the cooperative, but their smaller cooperative(their crew) would follow the captains orders. It'd kinda have to be that way. I wonder if the cooperative would be strong enough to have the same capabilities of the bigger factions. I don't know about details...but the main reason I bought the lifetime subscription was for the liberated borg captain...and though I think most of the prices for expansions are ridiculous, I'd be hard pressed to talk myself out of one for the cooperative.... Just saying.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Oh man, me too!

But if they are at it I would like them to arrange for nothing else but a 1:1 increase in difficulty for example by taking Hive critter values as reference. Under no circumstances I’d want them to mess around with the basic gameplay aspects of those maps.

I’m afraid though if they spend their time touching those golden maps they end up ruining them. If I take the devolving PvE gameplay aspects the past seasons into account I’m sadly not at all optimistic here. If they are revamped they will be like the new stuff where neither your character/account progression matters nor you’re playing experience, talent or effort during your actual play.

It’s just so sad that in a game which has so much love for Trek details (art, voice actors, stories) they have gameplay designers at the helm who can’t think beyond “do something boring for X minutes or let it be as you going to win anyway”.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.