test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian restoration: A one-shot story post

saphira123456789saphira123456789 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
(Author's note: This takes place two millennia after the events of the STO Featured Episode "Midnight" - the requested time for the Iconians to restore their homeworld and become comfortable enough to return to the galactic community.)
(All characters used with permission from their owners.)

In an old, unused room deep inside an old, unused house on the planet Brea III, two siblings stood watching a documentary of a war two thousand years ago.

The siblings were Raul Valdez and Sara Maria Valdez, a Starfleet officer and a scientist. And the war was the Iconian War in the 25th century.

The footage was old, and many generations had come and gone, but the tactics, strategy, science and philosophy still stood strong.
And even two thousand years after the war in question, the United Federation of Planets still stood strong.

The end of the film was in sight, though the last set of images would leave the two siblings astonished.

In the last few scenes before the movie's end, they were witness to an Iconian known as T'Ket, saving the life of a Fleet Admiral named Kerry, a fearsome dragon who had traveled back in time two hundred thousand years.

And then at the end of the war, they witnessed the promise of an Iconian to that same Fleet Admiral.

After the credits rolled and the lights came on, they began discussing the film - including the efforts of their ancestor, Nathan Valdez.

"Are they still upset over what our great ancestor did?" asked Raul, to his sister.
"It was 2000 years ago, they'd have got over it by now", Sara replied.

Suddenly, in a flash of shadow, something appeared on a nearby desk. An Iconian Padd, or what passed for one.

On it was an invitation to a great celebration, for today was the date that the Iconians had said they would return to the galaxy at large.

When Raul picked it up, he asked his sister about it and without hesitation, she nodded.

Raul pressed a button on the padd and it teleported them to Iconia, which had been restored to a beautiful replica of what once had been.

With them were all the descendants of the people who had fought and survived that war, two thousand years ago.

In addition, Kerry was there, along with a retinue of his people and a full honor guard unit.

Seeing this spectacular sight, Raul took it in for a moment, then reported to Kerry only to be dismissed with a "No need for that, soldier. We're here informally, to celebrate and welcome the Iconians back into the galactic community. This is a day to celebrate, not be a military."

Raul nodded, and said, "I can just hardly believe I'm in the presence of a legend, sir. Or for that matter, in the house of legends such as the Iconians."

Kerry nodded and replied, "I just did what any Starfleet officer would do. That said, I'm quite proud of our accomplishments and especially what we did here."

Just then, L'Miren stepped up to a podium and began speaking.

She spoke of the old Iconia, of the war, and of the heroism of the Other, as they called Kerry back then. She spoke of what was done, and she spoke of the turmoil that followed. She spoke of the war, of the heroism and bravery from Starfleet, and she spoke of the integrity of that day.

Then she spoke of the new Iconia, the restorations they had made and the efforts they had gone through. Many of the new buildings were inspired by stuff from Earth, and while they had declared that they were reinstating the Prime Directive-like policy they had when Old Iconia was at its' peak, they also stated that it would be modified so that as long as some basic criteria was met, they would share what they had, therefore avoiding the war that their own arrogant ways had started.

L'Miren, along with the rest of the Iconians, then reaffirmed their desire to rejoin the galactic community, or as they stated, the Galactic Whole. Not only that, but they also agreed to work with the galactic powers to advance the causes of science, medicine, development and more. They agreed to exchange programs with Starfleet and the other galactic powers, exchanging personnel and sending knowledge, technology and science throughout the stars.

They even agreed to open their gateway networks to the people of the Milky Way, allowing them and their new allies to explore beyond the Galactic Barrier, into the Andromeda Galaxy and further than ever before. all in the interest of expanding their new, combined mission.

"To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and to boldly go where no being from the entire Milky Way had ever gone before."

Then they yielded the stage to Kerry, who kept his speech short and to the point. He praised both sides; both the Federation members for their bravery and the Iconians for their decision to rejoin the galaxy in peace.

The Federation News Service was on hand to capture the historic moment when Kerry and L'Miren shook hands, in peace.

Then, after the ceremony was over, there was a great tour for everyone - and T'Ket had a private word with both Kerry and the Valdez twins.

With a wan smile, she recalled the time Nathan Valdez imprinted a Federation signature onto two of her dreadnoughts and said, point-blank, "I'm not exactly sure how he did that, but I was quite impressed. We specifically wrote our computer systems to aggressively attack anything that tried to get in, and yet your ancestor was able to do just that."

She then recalled the time she fought a clone of the Klingon emperor.
"As for that Klingon I fought, the one that injured me, he fought and died with honor and I hope he found peace."

Then she turned to Kerry and stated, "As for you, Kerry, I believe you would want to know that I, and the rest of my kind, now realize that our sister M'Tara was killed by her own poor decision. We no longer blame you for that."

Kerry nodded and said, "Thank you, T'Ket. And I have never forgotten that day, two-hundred-and-two thousand years ago today, when you saved my life."

"I firmly hope that someday you and I can serve together, side by side, as we did that day," replied T'Ket.

And Kerry in turn replied, "As do I, T'Ket. As do I."

Comments

• saphira123456789saphira123456789 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (When this gets to 25 views I'm going to write a followup piece. So BUMP!)

UPDATE: 26 views reached, followup piece coming tomorrow!

If the followup gets at least 50 views I'm going to open the posting to become a full-on RP!
    Post edited by saphira123456789 on
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Nice piece Kerry.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • saphira123456789saphira123456789 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    Nice piece Kerry.

Thanks Lapry.

There is a followup piece coming up once my co-writer (Raven) comes on to help.

Not giving any spoilers!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Good start
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius