test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] New Patrol: Rescue and Search!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
We're adding five new Patrols with Awakening, and today we're revealing the second! In Rescue and Seach, team up with the Lukari to protect a Rift into the Mycelial Network!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11243763

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i'm going to pass this one, I don't like the lukari stuff. but these patrols are a great idea.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    First of all, the title of the patrol should be Search and Rescue. It usually is not Rescue and Search (Search is spelled wrong in the introductory post btw). This same problem is present ironically within the Lukari/Tzenkethi story arc where you have a mission called Mirrors and Smoke instead of Smoke and Mirrors. Otherwise, I might play it when it comes out to check it out. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    no, the title is correct - both of themโ€‹โ€‹
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > First of all, the title of the patrol should be Search and Rescue. It usually is not Rescue and Search (Search is spelled wrong in the introductory post btw). This same problem is present ironically within the Lukari/Tzenkethi story arc where you have a mission called Mirrors and Smoke instead of Smoke and Mirrors. Otherwise, I might play it when it comes out to check it out. Thanks. :)

That is intentional. Well, aside from the typo ๐Ÿ˜
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    OK, just to be curious, during the temporal incident at Starbase 1, did J'Ula summon and then accidentally displace half of the ENTIRE Klingon fleet at the time or something?

Because for a House that is supposedly extinct, even if you include those in hiding, I doubt they'd have realistically more than a dozen of ships without people noticing something is seriously amiss in the Empire, especially after devastating campaigns including the Iconians, the Tzenkethi, and the Hur'q.

I know it's a MMO and in the future, fleets and personel tend to be recovered inhumanly fast after crushing defeats, but this arc is stretching my suspension of disbelief a bit too much after several other conflicts already weakened it.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    It is of course egg and chicken. You must get the egg from the temporal lock box so the chicken can be born. Other wise you have to get the chicken and the egg which would make it chicken and egg but no temporal lockbox must sell so it will be egg and chicken.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I will be going on sabbatical when Awakening launches. I need a break anyways, and though I like shrooms, spore drive tech gives me a meh. (Planning to be on only to complete endeavors and refine dil.) Other than that, have fun.