test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would Someone Please Explain New Event System?

2»

Comments

• viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    We'll have to see how the "and once you've finished the main task, you can..." part shakes out.

I've never done the "run it 14 times on many characters" thing. I mostly just clear the Anniv/Summer/Winter ship on one character, then do extra runs on my other characters for the 40 marks/day.

The revamp does seem like it's to curb the people who got all in on these events with millions of alts. Meanwhile, it doesn't seem like it'll make any difference for me (on the Sompek/Mirror Invasion/Crystal/etc events) because I've never been able to push myself to do them 14 times in the first place.

I missed only first event for ground pahvo. I did all of them after that including sompek. on all my 28 chars 20 days in a row 1 after another.
    I have equipped most of my chars with carriers. I am fan of carriers.
    Made MK XII R&D weapons and consoles and filled rest of slots with universals. cardassian platforms and so on.
    All chars have indetical DPS builds.
    I bought ships for traits.
    Now I am leveling ships. Like here is no tomorrow as it seems sep 10th new system might ruin ship leveling.
    I done this ALL to have fun on my chars with different carries - doing events individually.
    ARE YOU SAYING IT BE ALL GONE?

The REASON those events are always full is because people doing them on alts.
    If they do this this will destroy the event. THE EVENTS are only FTOs that can be done mostly and not need waiting soo long time for them to drop. They do this and this will ruin the events.
    Yes I was collecting 1 box of 50k dill +500 fleet marks +250 marks of my choice per each char. It helped to fill reputations on new chars. So soo I will start running reputations on the them for 100k reputation rank and 32000 dill reward at the end.
    Plus marks to make warp cores engine etc.

First contraband got increassed to 20h
    Ok fine. I missed that.

On NeverWinter expansion #15 they killed a farm for local dill equivalent. And refinery was made per account.
    It was before 32000 Astral Diamonds per char and then it become 100000 per day per account.

ONLY difference from neverwinter to STO is the per char dill refine.
    8000 per char x 28 chars = 224000 dill per day over all. But that ore need to be gotten from some where.

FTO only rewards 480 dill per run and has 30 min cd.
    Plus some FTO need to wait like 10-20 mins as no one quing for them since they are such a small reward per time spent.
    My friend told me that Running events like this is nuts.
    Yes it is nuts. But I was having great fun with it.
    Would they at last reward some decent dill per event's run after bar was filled?

I'm concerned with how, or if, I'll be able to finish unfinished slotted old event projects.
    Furthermore, if I read it correctly, I'm not able to finish a new event while it is active, there is no way but spending Zen to finish it.
    It may just come to the point that I won't bother with events at all. That would, on the other hand, make the game less like a job.

What you mean can't finish new event while it is active?
    So. they could kill admiralty dill next and then we be hung out to dry
    I am honest player.
    I NEVER EVER exploit or cheat. I do everything by the book.
    So, now Dill supply will be reduced.
    unless it would be given something per 1 char run of the event.
    If it be like 480-600 From FTO run not many would run it
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    So. they could kill admiralty dill next and then we be hung out to dry
    I am honest player.
    I NEVER EVER exploit or cheat. I do everything by the book.
    So, now Dill supply will be reduced.
    unless it would be given something per 1 char run of the event.
    If it be like 480-600 From FTO run not many would run it

I generally keep running FTFOs on multiple characters but only do the main project on one (or two of them as a sort of backup) but for the all-marks choice feature, not specifically the dil (I get too much of that to refine all of it as it is, I tend to cycle through "main" characters and refine the backlog on the ones that are not active at the time).

If I ever stop getting ideas to try out on new characters that all-marks thing might be less of a draw, but for now at least the marks count for more than the dil as far as I am concerned, and from what I hear in chat I am not the only one who thinks that way.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Whether stockpiling was intended or not - and really, if they never meant for us to do it, they should've never made the tokens like they currently are - it doesn't change the fact that they want us to pay to buy the rewards if we can't make it for the full event.
    Just as it doesn't change the fact that, to skip an event entirely, we still had to grind 28 days to get enough tokens to allow us to do it - or pay to get the buyout option from the C-Store.

T6 token: 30-50 days depending on how many of the double token weekends you used, 13-33 spare days of spare time
    Event ships: 15 days (anniversary) or 25 (Winter & Summer) with weeks of spare time
    TFOs: 14 days with 7 days of spare time

As generous as Cryptic has always been with spare days, it seems clear they want you to log in and play more than they want you to buy tokens.

I don't necessarily disagree. But why, then, would they change the ability to finish an event at a later date (not Summer/Winter, 'cause apparently we'll still retain the ability to unlock the ship the year after it comes out) with the option to buy the reward fromm the C-Store?​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Whether stockpiling was intended or not - and really, if they never meant for us to do it, they should've never made the tokens like they currently are - it doesn't change the fact that they want us to pay to buy the rewards if we can't make it for the full event.
    Just as it doesn't change the fact that, to skip an event entirely, we still had to grind 28 days to get enough tokens to allow us to do it - or pay to get the buyout option from the C-Store.

T6 token: 30-50 days depending on how many of the double token weekends you used, 13-33 spare days of spare time
    Event ships: 15 days (anniversary) or 25 (Winter & Summer) with weeks of spare time

As generous as Cryptic has always been with spare days, it seems clear they want you to log in and play more than they want you to buy tokens.

I don't necessarily disagree. But why, then, would they change the ability to finish an event at a later date (not Summer/Winter, 'cause apparently we'll still retain the ability to unlock the ship the year after it comes out) with the option to buy the reward fromm the C-Store?​​

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1250752/ten-forward-weekly-29-08-2019

Q: What about event ships ? Like starting a project on year Y and finishing it on year Y+1 ?
    A: Because I think this is cool: Event progress won't be visible when an event ends, but it does continue tracking. So if you don't finish the winter event, next winter it will begin auto-tracking towards those rewards again.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1250752/ten-forward-weekly-29-08-2019

Q: What about event ships ? Like starting a project on year Y and finishing it on year Y+1 ?
    A: Because I think this is cool: Event progress won't be visible when an event ends, but it does continue tracking. So if you don't finish the winter event, next winter it will begin auto-tracking towards those rewards again.

New year will be new reward ship.
    Are you saying that now can't finish it the same year?
    And all those vouchers I have like 4-5 years old in my collections in bank.
    All those will be wiped?

If they get wiped I better make screen shots
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited September 2019

New year will be new reward ship.
    Are you saying that now can't finish it the same year?

No. I was answering a question about finishing a ship in 2020 that you only partially completed in 2019. (Or 2020 in 2021.)

Everyone will be able to finish 2020 ship projects in 2020 if they do the events. If they only partially complete a ship, they might be able to finish it in 2021.
    And all those vouchers I have like 4-5 years old in my collections in bank. All those will be wiped? If they get wiped I better make screen shots

What vouchers? Old ship project vouchers are already useless.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Are we going to do this again!! (Apologies to Burt Lancaster).

It was never their intention? Please!! Then they would have to be utterly clueless. They changed over the Winter, Summer, and Anniversary almost FOUR years ago. They waited those four years to address other Events with comparitively minor prizes (not a d*mn ship). They do that in two stages, quickly for the first with wholesale elimination of Tokens (some of which they sold even two months previously) with no redemption.

The second, Weekend Event Tokens, they originslly announced with the first batch but decided to hold off and institute a barter system to let people use up the Tokens they had (you know like they did with Winter, Summer, and Anniversary, FOUR years ago).

Meanwhile, they introduce a ubiquitous 14-day Event Token that would standardize everything, and they sweeten the C-Store deal with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade and later add in Free T6 Ship Coupon progress.

Now those standard Tokens are to be thrown over the side, even whilst they are selling them. But, learning from the Crystal Shard, et. al. fiasco, we are to have another barter or whatever. A really, really special one but we can't tell you yet, but it will be so good that sliced bread would be jealous.

I still think self-deprecating George Steinbrenner said it best (paraphrased) in that SNL skit:

'A stupid owner! A stupid, arrogant, shortsighted owner. The kind of guy who blames everybody but himself! How would you like it everytime something went wrong, I just blamed you... until the whole thing’s just a big joke! Is that the kind of owner you want? Some yammering nincompoop in a fancy suit?'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dracanyldracanyl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    kiralyn wrote: »
    We'll have to see how the "and once you've finished the main task, you can..." part shakes out.

I've never done the "run it 14 times on many characters" thing. I mostly just clear the Anniv/Summer/Winter ship on one character, then do extra runs on my other characters for the 40 marks/day.

The revamp does seem like it's to curb the people who got all in on these events with millions of alts. Meanwhile, it doesn't seem like it'll make any difference for me (on the Sompek/Mirror Invasion/Crystal/etc events) because I've never been able to push myself to do them 14 times in the first place.

I missed only first event for ground pahvo. I did all of them after that including sompek. on all my 28 chars 20 days in a row 1 after another.
    I have equipped most of my chars with carriers. I am fan of carriers.
    Made MK XII R&D weapons and consoles and filled rest of slots with universals. cardassian platforms and so on.
    All chars have indetical DPS builds.
    I bought ships for traits.
    Now I am leveling ships. Like here is no tomorrow as it seems sep 10th new system might ruin ship leveling.
    I done this ALL to have fun on my chars with different carries - doing events individually.
    ARE YOU SAYING IT BE ALL GONE?

The REASON those events are always full is because people doing them on alts.
    If they do this this will destroy the event. THE EVENTS are only FTOs that can be done mostly and not need waiting soo long time for them to drop. They do this and this will ruin the events.
    Yes I was collecting 1 box of 50k dill +500 fleet marks +250 marks of my choice per each char. It helped to fill reputations on new chars. So soo I will start running reputations on the them for 100k reputation rank and 32000 dill reward at the end.
    Plus marks to make warp cores engine etc.

First contraband got increassed to 20h
    Ok fine. I missed that.

On NeverWinter expansion #15 they killed a farm for local dill equivalent. And refinery was made per account.
    It was before 32000 Astral Diamonds per char and then it become 100000 per day per account.

ONLY difference from neverwinter to STO is the per char dill refine.
    8000 per char x 28 chars = 224000 dill per day over all. But that ore need to be gotten from some where.

FTO only rewards 480 dill per run and has 30 min cd.
    Plus some FTO need to wait like 10-20 mins as no one quing for them since they are such a small reward per time spent.
    My friend told me that Running events like this is nuts.
    Yes it is nuts. But I was having great fun with it.
    Would they at last reward some decent dill per event's run after bar was filled?

I did What you do, but I have 30 Characters, I get called crazy by fleet members running 30 toons during a event but its because I have Multiple sclerosis and being on a very tight budget after having to quit work with it and being pretty much house bound I have loads of time on my hands and I can only buy Zen when the Gods allow It, so I used the 50k event dill to fund buying C store ships and lock-box ships by using the dill exchange.

Now this options being taken away I'm only hoping the extra bonus rewards make up for it or I'm totally priced out of STO, a game I would sing its praises to other gamer's for its fair options if you have a low income but plenty of time on your hands.

Yes I can understand having to get a control of the dill exchange, but constant sales and no real updates to the Phoenix pack haven't helped matters.

And if the bean counters at PWE or Cryptic thought this move would make people like me open their wallet more, its done the opposite for me. ( but then I'm probably classed as a low denominator so who cares. )

Well Disco Connie looks like your going to remain a pipe dream after all, the fair f2p system was fun while it lasted looks like just the free event ships from now on for me.
    This change is not being made for Dilitium's sake.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    C'mon, cold. Don't tell me that you didn't see this coming. And no one said anything about no compensation. Bort said they have plans, but just haven't announced it yet.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    C'mon, cold. Don't tell me that you didn't see this coming. And no one said anything about no compensation. Bort said they have plans, but just haven't announced it yet.

A couple of months after they changed the system and wiped out people's effort and money? Yeah no I did not see that coming. I did not think they would be so stupid as to not see the backlash something like that would cause. I would have thought they would wait at least a year for people to calm down from the last problem before causing a new one. Or you know, wait the couple of months and not bother with the unified tokens to begin with. I did not think the devs would be this dumb to not see the problem of what they did would cause. So yeah...kinda caught off guard because I really didn't think they would do this. I had more faith in them. Guess I was wrong.
    Removing the old tokens was a warning shot. If they had waited a year after that, and let people get away with stockpiling the tokens again, that woud've been a problem.

I saw this coming the moment they removed the old tokens. Even before that, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. The situation was, after all, identical to what lead to them replacing the ship event tokens with yearly expiring versions.
    They've also publicly discussed plans to make the "slot token into project" -thing go away before. Like here for example:
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1249397/ama-event-changes-and-weekend-store-tuesday-june-11th-3-4-pm-pt/p1
    Kael: When we say 'better,' and 'more streamlined,' what we mean is that the old system, where you completed an event, and got a token, and went to the reputation window, and slotted a project, that all was a LOT. We're looking towards a way to simply participate in events and get rewards without the extra hassle.

It should come as no surprise they've done exactly that.
    The Token change-in will be 'really, really special' but they can't tell us about it yet.

Step right up, Come one come all, The Greatest Show on Earth.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I generally didn't stockpile tokens but when I saw that kamikaze maru was indeed going to be dumped onto us as a 14 token run I made the effort to make sure that I had enough tokens to skip it entirely on both accounts. I likely still may still skip it unless the unlockable is exceptionally enticing.

With luck they'll find an error and hold it back until after that ones run its course.
    I generally didn't stockpile tokens but when I saw that kamikaze maru was indeed going to be dumped onto us as a 14 token run I made the effort to make sure that I had enough tokens to skip it entirely on both accounts. I likely still may still skip it unless the unlockable is exceptionally enticing.

With luck they'll find an error and hold it back until after that ones run its course.
    I see it very likely that they will render Kamikaze Maru into an un-loseable 7-wave special event version like they did with Sompek.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Which will make it very unpleasant for those that inevitably hit a group with the majority who decide to go afk after the first wave and they've done the minimum damage to avoid the afk penalty.

If it does get a 7 wave cap then it will also need some bonus incentive such as keeping the thing alive or above x% hull alongside the much needed spit and polish it lacked but could get away with as a weekender.
    Event Kobayashi 7 rounds max. Kobayashi then returns as an unlimited round TFO after the Event is over.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.