test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only have 2500 out of 3000 points for T6 Token

I was wondering if there will be any more events. I completed SOMPOK and thought I had enough until I looked this morning and saw I was 500 short.

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    have you checked the c-store pack? it gives 500 if not wrong and yes costs a bit but still a way cheaper ship

its on Featured Tab -> Arena of Sompek commendations for 1000 zen

think it as buying a T6 ship with 1000 instead 3000 zen
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    No, there won't be any more events as part of this particular ship give-away. There may be future give-away's in the future, but we just don't know yet.

As @lordmerc22 said, your only option at this point is the C-store pack that gives 500 tokens:

86Ox7sk.jpg

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    even if you complete 14 papers for the event you can continue to collect...
    garaks31 wrote: »
    even if you complete 14 papers for the event you can continue to collect...

The event does end on 29th, its 27th now so he cant get 500 coupon progress in time - cstore is his only choice really as it is

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Plus you get that Ultimate Tech Upgrade.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ... and 20,000 dil + 350 marks + 500 fleet marks if you use the TFO tokens for the 1-token Sompek project, which you probably should since this is the last event before the Event Tab renders tokens obsolete.

Note that you can buy this package on a different character than you used for the Sompek event, if you have one that needs some marks and fleet marks.
  • bnuts#2055 bnuts Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've got a third of the tokens required since I took a short break, and I don't have enough dilithium to exchange for zen. Any options?
    $$
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bnuts#2055 bnuts Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > $$

Other than that. I don't like to spend real money on virtual items as a rule. And it ain't 'free' if you have to spend money.
    Then you are out of luck.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, you should definitely get the C-Store pack. A T6 ship and an Ultimate Upgrade for 1k Zen is still an awesome deal. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lxr#1818 lxr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Why couldn't the programmers simply reward the effort by rolling over the old credits into the new system in some fashion. Doesn't even have to be 1 to 1.

The advert for Sompek says "Your last chance to earn TRIBBLE" . But this isn't wholly true. If you started with Sompek you'll end up with roughly 1700/3000 tokens by the end of it. Should have said last chance to finish earning (I started thinking I could fill it. Nope. Kinda wasted time. but Sompek is kinda fun).
    lxr#1818 wrote: »
    Why couldn't the programmers simply reward the effort by rolling over the old credits into the new system in some fashion. Doesn't even have to be 1 to 1.

The advert for Sompek says "Your last chance to earn TRIBBLE" . But this isn't wholly true. If you started with Sompek you'll end up with roughly 1700/3000 tokens by the end of it. Should have said last chance to finish earning (I started thinking I could fill it. Nope. Kinda wasted time. but Sompek is kinda fun).

Lets be reasonable here, they gave a LOT of time and most people had finished before sompek even kicked in

most mmos do not give such time - its lose 1 day and lose the reward
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

And pretty much every MMO event I've ever played has worked by the "Ran out of time to get The Prize? Too bad." approach. Nothing new/different/unexpected here. /shrug

(heck, not even just MMOs. Anything with a "Limited Time Event" works that way. That's why they're called Limited Time events.)
  • kosmi7kosmi7 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I atm have 2900 token points. I had to miss some days cz of university exams. With tommorow done ill have it 2950 talking of the bad luck. So i am thinking too to get that z-store deal atm i just didn't diced yet is it worth it.
    edited August 2019
    kosmi7 wrote: »
    I atm have 2900 token points. I had to miss some days cz of university exams. With tommorow done ill have it 2950 talking of the bad luck. So i am thinking too to get that z-store deal atm i just didn't diced yet is it worth it.

It is worth it, its like getting the T6 ship of your choice at 1/3 price and you get a universal upgrade which is quite useful

Besides they had said that while they made run similar events in the future it probably wont be a ship again so its a great chance to get one now
    kosmi7 wrote: »

Even with a 30% off Black Friday sale a C-Store ship is still going to cost 2100 zen, and the normal 20% sale price is 2400 zen.

This is an account unlock like with normal C-Store purchases so getting it for 1000 zen (+ultimate upgrade + Sompek tokens) is a great deal for you.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I think they said they don't have enough refined dil to get the zen they need.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    He said he doesn't have enough Dilitium to do so in time.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @ltminns said:
    > He said he doesn't have enough Dilitium to do so in time.

In time for what?

He's expecting the C-Store item to disappear with the end of Sompek. I've never bought one of these event completion packages so I have no idea how long they will remain in the store.
    For the end of the Event. He can't collect and refine enough Dilitium to convert to Zen to buy the Featured TFO Bundle before the Event ends.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You should expect the C-Store option to be gone once the server comes up from Maintenance.

It's now or never I'm afraid.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...it looks like sompek is still going....

for a few hours maybe

depends on what time(their timezone) it was declared to end
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...it looks like sompek is still going....

for a few hours maybe

depends on what time(their timezone) it was declared to end

It was supposed to end at 1PM Pacific, which is 4PM Eastern. It is currently 5PM Eastern. Not that I'm complaining; I got my token a week ago, but I'm happy for those who have the extra time.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Lets be reasonable here, they gave a LOT of time and most people had finished before sompek even kicked in

Yeah, I want to say this event had a 25% leeway on it. Plus 4 events offerings to buy 500 coupons from C-store. So really the only negative about collecting the coupons I can say is that the event(s) was/were spread out over so much time. Other than that, it seemed very fair overall.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    The Event has ended. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.