test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Blocked?

2»

Comments

• craigbiccraigbic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sat down at my computer for the first time in four days because all of my kids were visiting and the first time I try to login into STO, what do I get? Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Thanks for that.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I was switching charavters when I was prompted to re-enter my password. Mo joy here.
  • mrsoup2012mrsoup2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Likewise. Attempting login to Cryptic Secure Guard yields a 'AccountServer not connected' error as well.
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    You guys are much quicker at this then the NW community.
  • bnuts#2055 bnuts Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    > @tigercatgirl said:
    > You guys are much quicker at this then the NW community.

Ah, a wild Lacus Clyne has appeared!
  • joreliadonjoreliadon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yep, add me to the list !! Admins: fix this issue !!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Getting: "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" every time I try logging-in through Arc no-less as well.

I know Cryptic says it is all non-related but it sure does seem more & more these server issues are popping-up after they did that switching a month or so ago. :-(

At least it seems darkbladejk was informing them about it, but I'm not expecting anyone to work on it till tomorrow morning.
  • captainrebel78#5049 captainrebel78 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Either the authentication server blew its bits or something else has happened. Hope it is not another DDOS. :-(
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    so the question now is how to long to reboot the account server?
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    We are not alone.
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1250731/unable-to-authenticate-connection-to-the-account-server-timed-out

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1249828/are-onyone-else-have-login-promblems-right-now-or-its-just-me/p2

I had this problem about a month agon.

I went so far as to re-boot my PC and then Started ARC again, but even though the Server Status light was green, and it showed my account name, when I put in my password ( yes, carefully and correctly ) I would click the login button and the only thing that would happen is the login line would go blank and the area down below would read...

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

After hours re-re-re-booting and trying to get back in to STO, the login suddenly started working again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right now I'm too tired to keep trying. Maybe the login will work again in the morning. :: crosses fingers ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • tritreanatritreana Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    phubbykun wrote: »
    tritreana wrote: »
    I'm still playing on the same computer and browser I was playing from this afternoon.

That's pretty normal. I;ve been on the same computer for years, in the same house for years, and I have to go through that garbage everytime I log onto the website. It's really stupid.

Okay good. At least it's normal. Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • sarenarteriuesarenarteriue Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It seems the account server is down, but the client says the servers are ok. I wanted to change to another toon and could not. Things went smoothly while I was in-game, exceot that I couldn't send mails.
  • xparibaxxparibax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    NW guys are saying they either sign in to the lock out, or they try to switch characters and that does it. i guess... tell everyone not to alt hop?
  • manufan20002manufan20002 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same here this seems to happen every other week
  • krwolcottkrwolcott Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Don't know what happened, but I've been getting lots of lag spikes last week or so, and now a full dc and authentication failure. Well, poopers. I'm going to bed.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    It seems the account server is down, but the client says the servers are ok. I wanted to change to another toon and could not. Things went smoothly while I was in-game, exceot that I couldn't send mails.

The light being green just means that the Holodeck (prod game) server's up. The account server, used to authenticate's a different machine. So's chat. Authentication and chat are also shared between STO, NW and Champs.
  • galacticroamer#3935 galacticroamer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Ok, I'm in... for now.
    Proud member of the 8th Wing Tactical Armada
  • kapnkirkkapnkirk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    We're back!!!
  • bnuts#2055 bnuts Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm in.
  • xparibaxxparibax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just let me back in as well! Whoever fixed whatever that was, Thank you!
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'm still out! Kidding, I'm in.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Back in too. Yahoo Cryptic. Bad thing is I took a late night nap so probably up all night so early morning will suckola lol.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Kind of sad how the account server is constantly having these issues recently.

Why ?

is it being addressed ?

is it patch it up with duct tape and just continue to do a patch job each time it breaks ?

Is it the service provider you are using and its firewall/security having a fit ?

Is the server the accounts are held on over allocated and crashing due to traffick load ?

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    Kind of sad how the account server is constantly having these issues recently.

Why ?

is it being addressed ?

is it patch it up with duct tape and just continue to do a patch job each time it breaks ?

Is it the service provider you are using and its firewall/security having a fit ?

Is the server the accounts are held on over allocated and crashing due to traffick load ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8NniKYiy2I
    It was fine this morning, and now we're back to...

Usually, even when the Server Status is Red you can still get the Update, but not today. :(
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    It was fine this morning, and now we're back to...

Usually, even when the Server Status is Red you can still get the Update, but not today. :(

With luck, it's down to help fix whatever the issue was when this thread was made.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    The original account server issue this thread was about was fixed. The server is now down for maintenance. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.