test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Earn Event Rewards Quicker!

Comments

• disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Please just make sure there's a way to catch up on missed events that isn't super slow because you had to split the earning between like 50 of the events. My free time has massively dropped since I got my new job, and I've already got 2 14-day events and the entire summer event sitting there with next to no completion, and under both systems it's basically impossible to catch up due to time gates and per-character shenanigans. If I didn't have to log in once a day and could instead make all the progress in rapid bursts, that would be amazing! It won't happen, I'm sure, but it can't hurt to ask.

And if the ONLY way you're willing to accommodate is through buyouts, please please PLEASE make it so that you're not limited to just 75% ONCE per event (that's not even saying anything about the massive ship events). I know it's odd to be advocating for a definitely-not-worth-it microtransaction (Which only even exists for the 14 day events anyway), but I have hardly any options left. I don't want to keep missing out on some awesome items, but with the loss of the weekend events, there's nothing available that doesn't take too much time/too much spread out time.
  • aricamarajade#4600 aricamarajade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The change from events to an universal token was progress, just like making events accountwide. No more sickning grind to unlock items for alts.

These changes are a step backwards, and actually makes doing events something of the past. I loved doing the weekend, and the revamp of the tokens of the last Featured TFO's was something to catch up the farm again. For times i cannot do 14 days grinds.

The feeling of doing something for rewards is allready diminished with easy versions of events.
    And having trust about Cryptics ideas about old projects or tokens is not something that could be asked of us players. Since they came from the same person who said everything will be re-engeneerable.

Lot's of promisses or pitched ideas, the joke of sponsortokens comes to mind also, when people allready gave up and deleted them. Instead of removing players putting effort in playing and farming, you should not take away the reasons to run these events.
    The Dil is not even valuable, your phoenix events barely lower the exchange rates, since u get more dil by doing admirality over multiple alts than running those chars through FE TFO events.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Dilithium does have value, the trouble with the exchange is they did way too much to mess about with the exchange rate prior to the last phoenix event by double dipping back to back flash sales on ships and keys the weekend before the discoprise gamblebox arrived.

Hopefully someone has the sense to rein that kind of stuff back before the exchange caps out and stagnates as it did on neverwinter. Although that was more down to longterm mishandling and other issues with gameplay than a nuke being dropped to keep the beancounters happy.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    RIP 50K on multiple characters...not like people were using that to fund character or fleet development or anything!​​

My thoughts exactly.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Yeah I'm skeptical this will be worth it to players. One of the reasons I run multiple characters through events is to get the big dilithium payout for my efforts. Making it basically once per account (presumably) definitely diminishes that. The 50000/14 day payout vs 2000 per day afterwards clearly does not favor spending limited time on a character that has already gotten the event reward unless you're saving up tokens for the next one.

But the fundamental issue with these events is the limited time and how we allocate it. For some events people don't have the time to run them on every character, or even any character. They save up from previous, maybe faster events by putting in MORE effort then for that to payoff in the future. Some people pick certain characters to run through an event who may be in need of marks over others that may be finished, even though they may run it faster.

What we have never been able to do, though, is to skip events during the week and run up 7 days of progress on a Saturday or Sunday. The token system at least allows players some freedom in how they choose to play, when they choose to play, and invest the tokens in a way that makes sense for them. And In fact it is an investment, to forgo the instant 2k dil payouts for the larger one later.

This new system seems to destroy all the freedom of choice we have, and the cynic in me looks at a Chinese owned California developer, and is not at all surprised at what appears to be that entity trying to force players to play a certain way, every day. This sort of thing always pushes me to burnout faster than anything else, as well as making me resent the company for a design that is not friendly to the player, and I'd be surprised if I was alone.

Now I'd like to be proven wrong on my skepticism of this system, really, but this game revolves far too heavily around an absurd number of daily timers that just punish players for odd schedules or wanting to focus their efforts on one day or on one character, so I don't expect that this new system will be any different.

The only thing I will celebrate right now is less clicks in the awful reputation UI.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    So, I guess another 350+ FTFO commendations are about to become worthless again.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson last time. But, I figured that they wouldn't change it again, so started stockpiling once again.

I wish I had known this before running Sompek on multiple alts. I would have stopped participating in the event a long time ago if I had known this was coming.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Geez...
    Cryptic changes something, people complain.
    Cryptic doesn't change something, people complain.

Cryptic exists... people complain.

Seriously people... can we stop looking for any excuse to complain? How about we wait and see just how this is going to work before we start pulling out the pitchforks.

I for one am interested to see how this works out as I haven't run multiple characters through events for a while, and even then I was getting to the point of just running Crystalline multiple times. Having the ability to run an event on one character, and be able to contribute with a different one on a different day sounds interesting. Gets kinda boring having to decide which of my alts would be better for an event and stick with that one alone.

Is the DL payout gonna be affected? Probably. Especially for those people who basically farm every last piece they can.
    Will it affect the exchange? Probably. But hopefully it will help limit the flood of incoming DL that can drive the prices up.

Short term may hurt a bit as we learn how to work the new system. Long term... could actually work out.

Ultimately... we just have to wait and see how this will change things. Better to give actual feedback when we have something more to work off of rather than jump straight to demanding blood just because they changed something.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • goguspatzialugoguspatzialu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    One of the nice features of the current system is that you can stockpile widgets and/or start projects to finish later. So that in the case of an event popping up right during exam week, or in a 70 hour work week, or other inconvenient time, you can still get the reward at some point. From the sounds of it, the changed system will lack this feature, correct?

Combine this with the exclusivity and power of some rewards, like say the lukari console, cold-hearted trait, or pahvan crystal, this makes it extra stressful to catch all the events.

As for the people worried about dil loss - You're getting roughly 4.5k every 15 minutes on most event queues. This is highly suboptimal, as you can get much better time efficiency through the admiralty system.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    One of the nice features of the current system is that you can stockpile widgets and/or start projects to finish later. So that in the case of an event popping up right during exam week, or in a 70 hour work week, or other inconvenient time, you can still get the reward at some point. From the sounds of it, the changed system will lack this feature, correct?
    Yes, but you can pay them money to get the reward at a discount. So basically this is a money grab and nothing else.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I only bought the c-store option for the ultimate upgrade not the actual tfo tokens.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Eh.. it all sounds great to me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited August 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    RIP 50K on multiple characters...not like people were using that to fund character or fleet development or anything!​​
    There's the downside!

I was wondering where the dark lining was.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    If I understanding this right you haven’t removed pain but added extra pain for doing events. So we can no longer use previous event vouchers like Featured TFO Commendations to cover missed days for the next weekend event? We can no longer do extra days on events we like to skip days in events we don’t like?
    I knew that was coming after they threw all our Crystalline Entity crystal shards in the trash.

I mean it seems that alting events for dilithium payout is going the way of the non-Voth dinosaurs, which has probably been a long time coming since they made it impossible to save cashing out event rewards for bonus dilithium weekends.

It will make it simpler, though stockpiling also appears to be on the extinction block.

But I'll wait til the full announcement before getting depressed. On the other hand, why not just wait til the whole announcement is ready?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Please, please don't make me post that Ghostbusters clip about 'disaster of Biblical proportions'. Cause it sure seems like that's what the reaction is every time they announce an upcoming change.

Of course they don't help matters much by saying that we have this golly-gee-willikers new thing coming but we can't tell you about it just right now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I'm torn on this one.

As far as the seasonal events, this seems like a big improvement. I hated having to do the various races on the same character 25 times. That just gets boring. The suggestion that seasonal events don't seem special enough, I can agree with. Improving the UI is not what I'd do to increase the fun level, but it sounds like it will at least lower the pain level. Overall, I like this change a lot.

Altering TFOs seems strange. They literally just dumped the Weekend Event concept in favor of the new TFO concept. And now, they're dumping that one too. After what? 3-4 months? I'm OK with making changes, but that seems awfully fast. Makes me wonder how thought out the concept was. From what I'm reading, I'm not excited by this change. On the positive side, it means I can finish the Event without using the same character 14 times. That's a really good thing. On the other hand, I HATE some of the Events and really like others. For instance, I like Crystalline Catastrophe and Arena of Sompek. What do I HATE? Any Events that are time-gated. I've been doing the ones I like on multiple characters and building up a supply of these interchangeable TFO Commendations. That way, when they hit us with Mirror Invasion or the Discovery Event, I can slot the tokens I already have and never have to play it. Of course, that's probably exactly what they're trying to prevent us from doing.

Time-gated content is bad. Please, stop making it. When I say time-gated, I'm referring to content in which it doesn't matter how much damage you do or how many ships you destroy. The phase just take 5:00 and there's nothing you can do about it. That's just plain dumb and NOBODY likes it. Stop making those Events and people will play them more. Or better yet, remove the time-gating and just pick a number of ships we have to destroy.
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I like those changes... Just play event and no need to slot anything, no tokens (more inv. space).

Don't understand, why so many whine knights here... There is 7.5 billion ppl on earth, world don't turn about your job/ill/other problems...
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I'm not sure, but I imagine its only for the events that require you to farm the token things for ships. I'm not sure if they will do it for all of it. or are they? The tfo style events might remain in the reputation event thingy. So I don't think they will get rid of those at least i hope they don't. Since I decided to save up the tfo things that I'm getting now for the next tfo event.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I like those changes... Just play event and no need to slot anything, no tokens (more inv. space).

Don't understand, why so many whine knights here... There is 7.5 billion ppl on earth, world don't turn about your job/ill/other problems...

Why i can agree to some point. And no the world is not on my time clock. Neither do i expect it to be or see that many if any that are requiring it of the feed back so far. What i do see is several questions on the how and why. I also see several people wanting to have the ability to get a trinket, and lets be clear that is what the item's for 90% of the time with some amount of flex to do these trinket events.

The company here has the tendency to enjoy being very selective in exclusivity and these players are wondering how or if the possibility of accident/health/work/life can be taken in to account to let them work more one time and even so far as skip the next one if something else demands there time. Or yes the lack of enjoyment in a game event they play as well.

I remember the whole time of to many currency, and then all these tokens as a ui was what a bad ideal? That is why i have a entire line of rep tokens in my bank space that this is not covering that issue. This is how ever to little information about a "we have a plan but cant tell you about it yet" issue that is lacking a lot in the how area in the information we do have.

In the end I (I meaning me as i cant speak for others) think people need more information that is lacking and vague at this point at best. And that if the trinkets made in these events have a buy out move it along option that is fine but some how i don't see the items ending in the zen shop from these events present past or future. That may be a nice place to start off making others more secure in play it and get one free or pony up and use your bank account. Not some random drop of a ur token to clam something from the past on one toon.

But this is just my view i am sure others can and do disagree with it. In any case have fun in the game every one. As if its no longer fun for you or causing stress then it could be time to consider other forms of entertainment. Stress is bad for ones health.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I love it when we all start accusing each other of being unsatisfiable overreactionaries, rather than actually talking about the news.

I'd say some of these complaints have merit. It's a big change that sounds like it'll kill one of the best ways to get dilithium, and there are a LOT of questions about this abrupt, sweeping overhaul which have been answered with "I can't tell you, just trust me guys." lt does not inspire hope.

Ultimately, I'm optimistic that this will be handled well, but there's a very clear potential for this whole thing to be nothing more than a way to kill dilithium farming.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well, thanks for telling us while there's still time to turn in.

i can't say i'm really surprised. i was starting to hoard the TFO chits
    and rather than making a new currency for each event as they had to do for the summer and winter
    they're doing this like with the T6 ship coupons.

i'm not really too fussed anymore about this kind of stuff. must be getting old.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Look.... Instead of fixing something that wasn't broken, how about fixing stuff that is. The transwarp system comes to mind, there are still destinations that you can't warp to. Been awhile since i flew a carrier, but has the pets been fixed to actually dock when commanded to do so?
    Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    So, if the UI will contain a new slot for each Event, isn't that just a rehash of the system we had before the current TFO concept?

Couldn't they have completely skipped the current TFO concept, kept the old one, and altered in from a per character slot to a per account slot? Seems like that's all they're really doing.
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I can't wait to see how this will play out.

One thing I'm concerned, is how old, slotted event projects will be handled, because in times I couldn't log on and play much, I made sure to at least slot the project. The fact, that they don't know how to handle these 2 weeks before it goes life, isn't really reassuring.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• deejus#4646 deejus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Joanna Gianulis stated in the announcement "If you complete the event we will also offer daily bonuses of Dilithium that increase the more you play." _ I'm hoping this Dilithium is already processed Dilithium and not just Dilithium ORE. I have said this many times before - Dilithium ore is NOT a prize. I have lots of it already and I am unable to process it quick enough - I can only do 8500 per day, and I get (without even trying) about 4000 ore from the daily tasks I do. Dilithium can be traded for goods in the store, used in ones fleet - if this is going to be the 'daily bonus' then I'm all for it... but if its Dilithium ORE - then *YAWN* - not really interested.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ... Seriously people... can we stop looking for any excuse to complain? How about we wait and see just how this is going to work before we start pulling out the pitchforks. ...

... Better to give actual feedback when we have something more to work off of rather than jump straight to demanding blood just because they changed something.
    Perception is a funny thing. I'm seeing some very well articulated concerns (some that mirror my own), not pitchforks or blood. Being in agreement with Cryptic is not mandatory, but it certainly can seem that way at times.

People are always going to be passionate about a game they like.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Sounds great to me. I love the option of being able to pick and choose which character to run an event on any particular day. I very rarely run a full 14 day event on multiple characters these days, and while being able to stockpile tokens to get the next event's reward immediately was useful, I'm fully aware that this isn't how it was supposed to work, so I'm not too surprised they're looking to close this 'loophole'.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    ... Seriously people... can we stop looking for any excuse to complain? How about we wait and see just how this is going to work before we start pulling out the pitchforks. ...

... Better to give actual feedback when we have something more to work off of rather than jump straight to demanding blood just because they changed something.
    Perception is a funny thing. I'm seeing some very well articulated concerns (some that mirror my own), not pitchforks or blood. Being in agreement with Cryptic is not mandatory, but it certainly can seem that way at times.

People are always going to be passionate about a game they like.

If I may, the problem is not even that it seems like we need to be in agreement with Cryptic.
    The problem is that they don't give us enough information to process things correctly.
    This changes are supposed to go live with Awakening, iirc, which is, what... less than 2 weeks away?
    At this point, they should be able (and willing) to give us way more information than this.
    • What's gonna happen with the tokens we've stockpiled?
    • What's gonna happen with the older events projects that some - many - still have slotted but not completed?
    • What's gonna happen with this "bonus" that's gonna come after we complete an event?
    • Why did they felt the need to, apparently, curb our ability of gaining more resources by running the events on multiple characters until completion?

This are not unreasonable questions, I should think, and while some are being more "passionate" than others in posing this questions, they should be able to answer them as soon as they're made.
    Better yet, they should give us this information with the news post itself.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    Geez...
    Cryptic changes something, people complain.
    Cryptic doesn't change something, people complain.

Cryptic exists... people complain.

Seriously people... can we stop looking for any excuse to complain? How about we wait and see just how this is going to work before we start pulling out the pitchforks.

I for one am interested to see how this works out as I haven't run multiple characters through events for a while, and even then I was getting to the point of just running Crystalline multiple times. Having the ability to run an event on one character, and be able to contribute with a different one on a different day sounds interesting. Gets kinda boring having to decide which of my alts would be better for an event and stick with that one alone.

Is the DL payout gonna be affected? Probably. Especially for those people who basically farm every last piece they can.
    Will it affect the exchange? Probably. But hopefully it will help limit the flood of incoming DL that can drive the prices up.

Short term may hurt a bit as we learn how to work the new system. Long term... could actually work out.

Ultimately... we just have to wait and see how this will change things. Better to give actual feedback when we have something more to work off of rather than jump straight to demanding blood just because they changed something.
    We are not looking for reasons to complain and we have valid concerns. Some of us in this thread are from the ways it described going to suffer from extra physical real pain in the new system, pain we could avoid or reduce in the old system. Likewise from the way its described others are going to miss rewards in the new system, rewards they would not miss in the old system.

There is nothing wrong with rising concerns or asking for clarifications. By doing that now we give the devs a chance to respond and correct us if we are wrong or if the concerns are valid we give the devs chance to tweak the system for the better of us players.

I am not going to be offended if a dev comes in here and says I had miss interrupted the blog. If I have not miss interrupted the devs now have a chance to consider our feedback and make changes.

Many of us are not complaining for complaining sake. We have valid concerns and want the game to be the best it can be.
This discussion has been closed.