test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS D7 and Constitution class(T6) ships

13»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    Do not listen to anyone that tells you to open packs to get the ship.. that is horrible advice and they're leading you toward nothing but heartbreak.

If you're going to spend money, wait until they rerun the infinity promo (and they absolutely will) and buy the Infinity RnD Packs to sell for EC. Then just buy the ship with EC. In the meantime, do your daily grind and do what you can to raise as much EC as you can before the promotion starts again.

Never, ever open packs to try and win a ship.. only open packs if you actually need what's in them and consider the ship a bonus.

If no-one opens boxes there are no ships to buy on the exchange.

Everytime this issue comes up, someone makes this silly comment.

Re-think what you just said.. or just read Azrael's reply. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Everytime this issue comes up, someone makes this silly comment.
    >
    > Re-think what you just said.. or just read Azrael's reply. :lol:

I fail to see what’s so silly about it. If everyone followed the advice about buying ships on the exchange then unboxed ships would eventually dry up.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Everytime this issue comes up, someone makes this silly comment.
    >
    > Re-think what you just said.. or just read Azrael's reply. :lol:

I fail to see what’s so silly about it. If everyone followed the advice about buying ships on the exchange then unboxed ships would eventually dry up.

The point is - there are enough players who have EC like you wouldn't believe so, yes, they buy keys (spending little to no real money) - open tons of Boxes (or buy tons of Packs off the Exchange) - and turn around and sell a few of what they get to keep their EC level constant enough to continue the practice.
    ^^^
    That's probably Cryptic's real incentive to try and curb 'EC Inflation' and lower the amount of actual EC that's moving around in game as Cryptic WANTS us all to buy keys with Zen bought with RL money.

(And yes, there are still people who DO by Zen with RL cash and get keys and open boxes; but Cryptic thinks that number coul;d/would be higher if more EC was culled from STO and EC was harder to generate in game, etc.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @doctorstegi said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Wrong.

Proof? Didn't think so.

Proof? You made the statement back it up with proof, I just told you, you were wrong. How do i know? I play the game.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Not sure how this still isn't clear.. but what do you think players are doing with the R&D Boxes or Master Keys that you sell to buy ships?

They're opening boxes!

Some are doing it to get Lobi, those people will list ship packs on the exchange. Others are doing it to try play the odds and make some EC (buy a few keys and try to strike it rich.) There are a few that will keep the ship if they win it.. but people have been saying for almost 10 years now that this strategy will lead to the ship supply drying up and it hasn't happened yet. It's really not that hard to grasp, the supply has always been there.. and it always will be.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    :p

Post edited by doctorstegi on
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
This discussion has been closed.