test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adding Inspiration Abilities to Flagships and Iconic Ships update suggestion

lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
The Flagships and the Iconic ships are some of the older T6 in the game. When they were out there wasnt even inspiration abilities. Both the Flagships and the Iconic ships(TNG era flagships really) got a command sit but they lack inspiration abilities. As ships their role would be to lead fleets to battle so inspiration abilities would make a lot of sense and would be a fairly easy change to make as the sits are already there. Like the temporal ships lacked temporal commands, I think these ships need inspiration abilities for their role to be better fulfilled. They would also become more desired for people to buy them. Right now even the command dreads got them but not Flagships and Iconic ships.

Adding Inspiration Abilities to Flagships and Iconic Ships update suggestion 5 votes

Add Inspiration Abilities to both Flagships and Iconic ships
40%
ward101#8752lordmerc22 2 votes
Add Inspiration Abilities only to Flagships
0%
Add Inspiration Abilities only to Iconic ships
0%
I dont think its a good idea to add Inspiration Abilities to any of these two ship groups
60%
coldnapalmodinforever20000aricamarajade#4600 3 votes

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Inspiration Abilities came out with the Command Battlecruiser line, and pre-date both the Iconic and Flagship ships. The Kobali Samsar Cruiser technically did come out before Inspiration Abilities were in-game and had a Lt. Comm Engineering/Command, but that's the only ship that did.

Despite the D'Khellra having not that great of a placement of its specialization BOff (Lt. Comm Tac/ Command... Why???) I'm kinda neutral on these getting their Engineering commander slot bumped to Engineering/Command similar to what the Temporal Science ships had done to them.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Add Inspiration Abilities to both Flagships and Iconic ships
    Well I think they match the concept of those ships too

they are ships that were meant to lead and support others to battle and supposed to be used from the leaders of the empires

Unfortunately these ships are liked only for the looks(iconic) and the traits(flagships) with exception of the Romulan line of flagships because they are old and inferior to newer ones and yes came before command cruisers were added. While Inspiration Abilities wouldnt be a big benefit it would make them a bit more desirable too with a change that matches their role
  • aricamarajade#4600 aricamarajade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I dont think its a good idea to add Inspiration Abilities to any of these two ship groups
    Run's don't last very long for this mechanic.
    These flagships should be king of their fleets, different Spec would be a good improvement.