test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Upgrade Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC can get double the technology points on their upgrades this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11235133

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    OH YEAH!!

giphy.gif

Thank you!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Thank you for the heads up!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I spent 800k in phoenix boxes in preparation for this day :).
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    I spent 800k in phoenix boxes in preparation for this day :).

Jiminy Crickets then you have to be ready & itching to go lol.

OH YEAH!!

giphy.gif

Thank you!!

Emma Stone is pretty hot. I wonder if she knows what an upgrade weekend is lol.
    Emma Stone is pretty hot. I wonder if she knows what an upgrade weekend is lol.

Probably not, but when you look like her, all is forgiven. :lol:
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    After almost every one of these I end up feeling like this. :)

https://youtu.be/TlvKydE0EVA
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I blew through just over 400 tech upgrades this afternoon. Getting that epic rarity really seems to be low. Even with rarity boosts, I was spending 12 and more upgrade tech just to get the rarity to epic after the item reached Mk XV. For all of that tech used, I got a complete ship on one character upgraded and about two thirds of another. I had really hoped I would have gotten further in upgrading though. Two complete ship builds and two characters ground gear was what I was hoping for. Maybe next time...
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    jcsww wrote: »
    Captains on PC can get double the technology points on their upgrades this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11235133

Now, if we could only get double rarity increases added into the weekend bonus.

Very excellent idea, I'm not even sure those 1.5% & 2% upgrade accelerators are even functioning properly. I figure that is where Cryptic has the "randomness" of earning on a locked-down minuscule possibility only. With a similar situation, I still shake my head anytime I try to re-engineer & look at that slot machine apparatus lol.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    800px_COLOURBOX10406076.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Had 900 kits all saved up.. they looked so pretty in my inventory..

9ae6a7e6f64bbe6949fed8c8911340225373c7f7de4e73b961fb14943610a69f.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    why? it doesn't matter if you upgrade now or at the last minute on monday

savor them for the day they remove upgrade weekends, instead​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Man you guys need to learn to savor these weekends. Take you time and enjoy it instead of blowing it all on the first day :p .

Haha.. I do this every time! :lol:
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    How many phoenix upgrades does it take to level a mk ii weapon to max level?

I don't care about rarity or item worth, but I have prepared weapons for a future DSC character once the ship I want and the race I want are in the game. Those weapons should get an upgrade applied so that character can use them from 1 to 65.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    you don't use phoenix on mk 2 items - you use an omega + a 2x research point accelerator...and if it goes epic by the time the omega points run out, THEN you use phoenixes​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I am rephrasing my question. How many tech points does a weapon need to reach max level?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    5 or 6 to go from Mk II to Mk XV, I believe, assuming no crits. One will get the Mk II (at least starting at very rare) to Mk X, another will get it to Mk XII, then one per mark, and maybe one more to get it over the top to Mk XV. Obviously, numbers are only accurate during Upgrade events.

Some of us don't use Omegas at all because we don't spend our entire time during the 4 weeks that the minigame is running collecting traces.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am rephrasing my question. How many tech points does a weapon need to reach max level?​​

It varies by item type but roughly 125k. Weapons are generally the cheapest and rep/lobi more. Upgrading the rarity is hit or miss as it's not uncommon to reach nearly 40% before it upgrades.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I upgraded 85 ship weapons from Mk XV UR to Mk XV Epic this weekend. The vast majority were crafted, with about 1/5 being special rewards. The average number of Phoenix upgrades for those came out to be about 13. If there had been no critcials in there, that would mean that the average percentage to upgrade would have been about 13.75%, or something like that, with each filled bar at that mark and rarity being 2.5%, and an average of about 1/2 bar per upgrade applied. Since there were definitely some criticals, though not a great number, I would put the actual average to increase rarity somewhere in the 17.5% range.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    THIS PC UPGRADE WEEKEND WAS A LIE!!!

Nobody came to my house to upgrade my PC! :angry:

Aaaaaaand with that awful joke out of the way someone will surely lock this thread up. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They need no excuse, so don't worry.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns