test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who here wants to see more faction outfits released especially for RR, Kdf and Dominion?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
I like the customization of the game. But compared to the Federation other factions don't have nearly as much outfits. The romulans should have just as many even more civilian attire like the one bridge officer has a medical thing that we players can't use Satra also female romulans should be able to use the tos romulan helmet. So many outfit attires they have for romulan npcs. And capes that the tailshiar that npcs have that we can't get or use for our romulans. In the pts patch notes they are opening up the use of federtation outfits for Jem Hadar but I don't think for romulans. I'd like to see federation outfits opened up to romulan players as well. I'd like to see them to give the Romulans whatever they are allowed to give us. Plus the stuff they didn't give us that was made for npcs. People like to barbie their characters so I'd like to see romulans get more barbie options. I know the picard show will give us more romulan attire which I hope they do add in for Romulan faction players. That one attire in this photo worn by this female I'd like to have as a romulan option for sure.
38em9l.jpg

So thankfully Picard will be great for new Romulan Stuff. But I'd like to see non picard romulan stuff as well. So what are your thoughts would you like to see more of a focus on attire?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Who here wants to see more faction outfits released especially for RR, Kdf and Dominion? 58 votes

Yes would love to see more attire options.
84%
nightkenshadowfirefly00coldnapalmsteinbergduncanidaho11garaks31daboholicbaddmoonrizinmustrumridcully0spielman1ltminnswhere2r1lexusk19warmaker001barliekkosseaofsorrowsfeiqajunglestreakerbruccysalazarraze 49 votes
No
1%
arabatur 1 vote
Other
13%
chipg7azrael605tyler002warpangelredeyedravenspiritborncaptkelly31#5645disqord#9557 8 votes

Comments

• thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I have too many costumes to keep track of already and I don't even own all of them. Plus the old Romulan uniforms, all of them, look like garbage to me, always have, except the Romulan Commander from The Enterprise Incident, but she could have worn paper bags and looked fantastic.
    YEah there is a lot of npc stuff that looks very good that we can't even use. Tng outfits are not as impressive. But does not really matter I like having the options. Any options, and I think attire should be at least focused on because for too long they haven't really added zen store outfits other then the dominion outfit and the two discovery options which is nice I like them doing that we need more of that. Over time I've managed to unlock all the stuff that goes in the faction section. I've not gotten the disc cyborg helmet thingy yet. But I will. So yeah outfits I will buy for sure. I just want more options for RR and Kdf. Dominion they could do more stuff as well possibly when it comes to outfits but defiantly want more outfits and attires for Romulan and Kdf factions.
    edited August 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Thing is, if we get more Rom costumes, I would very much prefer they be only from Picard or original creations, not pre-existing ones. Right now I have my sole Fed Rom wearing the Dyson Excursion jacket in blue and gold, and my KDF Roms wear a mix of Rom and KDF costume pieces, especially my aliengen Romulan/Klingon hybrid. But I just don't like the polyester Roman TOS, or Stupid shoulderpads TNG, and ENT'S combo... *shudder*.

I like that they did make original creations for the romulan republic like some of the civilian outfit options they got. I'd like to see more of that. Along with outfits coming from shows or comics. So I do think civilian outfits those they have created for Legacy of Romulus but didn't give to the players to use for their romulan characters could be added in at least. Along with new stuff from picard and other tv shows for the Romulan faction. Romulan Nemisis outfits I don't know if they have added those in they did the Reman ones. So there is many options and examples of what they could do for attire options. So I am hoping one day cryptic will put some focus into adding more outfits. I will for sure will them up from the zen market even if its not right away I will get and buy them using real life money or zen conversion. most of them I bought using real life money made into zen. So there is profit to be made from the outfits. Even if they have to cost more. I just would like to see the options.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Lots of foundry items we can use.

Let us use 'em!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Other
    I'd rather start with restriction limitations going before adding more. Especially on special boffs like the C-Store Jem'Hadar and T4 Diplomacy Boffs.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    There can never be too many outfits (or at least from a space Barbie perspective anyway, system wise there are limits of course).

The Romulans need a few more civilian pieces definitely since the faction has that band of privateers working together vibe. Caithlin Dar's diplomatic outfit would be a really great addition for instance, along with some more generic pieces (especially vests and skirts, they are the most lacking in choices).

Unfortunately most TV Romulan uniforms besides the TOS mesh one (which is behind a paywall) are pretty horrible, especially the silly super-wide TNG ones that look like the wearer should be spinning a sign in front of a sandwich, carpet, or furniture store. The Nemesis uniforms are not quite as vomit-worthy as the TNG ones though they are not great either. Whatever the woman in the picture the OP posted is wearing looks rather interesting even though it has the retro-futuristic upturned shoulders that I am not a big fan of personally.

The KDF could use a few more outfits in general, especially the Orions. Also, both the Federation and the KDF could use more pieces for the Cardassians and all the non Jem'Hadar Dominion characters that cannot be made using the Dominion section of the character generator (and they seriously need the Dominion reticules for those who captain Dominion ships). The Dominion itself is all set, unless they get Vorta and possibly other races there is little point in them having more than the basic J'H uniforms since that is all they used in the shows.

Other outfits or at least pieces from other races seen in the various shows would be good too, though too much of that could cause performance problems in crowded areas.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Other
    I would love to have more outfits of any kind, but unrestricted and for everyone, not as "faction outfits."
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Other
    I voted other as I'd prefer to see more unrestricted "civilian" options especially stuff that could be worn by someone who is from semi-wealthy planet so won't wear assorted junk they found or stitched together but at same time doesn't look super fancy or like a bathrobe (for example the leather jacket and pants combo Picard wears in Star Trek Insurrection while "AWOL" or in the new series. I think it might be the same outfit both times).

Also the stuff the Orions wore in the Qu'nos bazaar in DSC look nice too, nothing too fancy but not just junk either.

Also it would be nice if they could redo some of the older stuff with updated textures (possibly with an option to use the old textures to not upset too many people).
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Oddly, I've always found that the long black coat from the winter event made an excellent base for Romulan uniforms. Gives the feel of an away team coat and you still have a lot of options for modding it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Malcolm Reynolds endorses Browncoats. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Malcolm Reynolds endorses Browncoats. ;)

excellent reference :)
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Other
    I think some off-duty clothes for the first 2 factions. Only 2 since i doubt Vorta and Jem'hadar know what off-duty is.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    What I've seen Vorta npcs wearing is classed as off-duty for us.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Other
    echatty wrote: »
    What I've seen Vorta npcs wearing is classed as off-duty for us.
    Which isn't saying much, since the categorizations and restrictions of clothes in the game are anything but consistent.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Other
    Seen a couple others mention it, and I'm down for it too - the Nemesis/ST:Enterprise uniforms for Romulans are long overdue. That, and whatever the options end up being over the course of the first season of Picard.

But we're still missing some Starfleet options, oddly. Here's a few I can point out by scrolling through Memory Alpha:
    - There isn't a functional Enterprise admiral's uniform, plus the field variants and HATS
    - The USS Franklin and USS Kelvin uniforms are missing, plus the second JJ Starfleet one
    - Disco is still missing the skirt and all of the active-wear variants
    - TOS "The Cage" uniforms would be so cool, especially with them having been seen in the Disco flashback
    - There are a lot of neat variants from TMP we don't have, including the jumpsuits and the 70's collars
    - Almost all of the TWOK variants in in-game already, but we don't have the Enterprise-C crew necks, Kirk's bomber jacket, or the Federation Forces browns
    - We're missing the dress uniforms from the TNG/early-DS9 era, plus the majority of the admiral variants, also Crusher's labcoat
    - Picard's vest from the movie era isn't in-game yet

So yes, lots more uniforms please!
    edited August 2019
    Excursion Outfits as seen in Voyager Episode 'Blood Fever'.

Another rendition.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    it is not an outfit but please could we have the Martok's haircut.
    edited August 2019
    Detner Cyborg pieces. For Fed and fed aligned characters. I found out the bridge officer has those and we don't. By playing with the tailer with the officer. That bugs me :( as I would love to have that on my current romulan character who has scars on her face. Also I think the romulan helmet should be available to Females as well. Females are wearing it the npcs in that one temporal mission why can't female romulan players do that?

I would like several types of hairstyles and ridges for klingons that are not available or have not been done from the tv shows too at some point. I'd like more female hair options for Klingons too. Hopefully one day.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I would like to see a lot of the restrictions lifted, the exchange officers able to wear KDF or Starfleet uniforms, as appropriate. ditto for Boffs. Fed Boffs in the RR cant wear RR uniforms.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    I mean, starships federation ones main form of communication is the federation combage. I'd like to see them open those up for the federation republic outfor for that very reason. I can see some things they might not be able to do either because cbs doesn't allow it. But I hope Cbs does allow them to lesson faction outfit restrictions. Especially when it come to allies basically serving and using federation or klingon starships. Why can't they use the uniform.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Yep, there's still a bunch of faction outfits that are yet to be released. The ones that I primarily care about are the following.

- DS9 Romulan uniform
    - Nemesis Romulan uniform
    - A screen accurate Cardassian uniform (Current version is just a low quality crummy copy/paste job from the NPC outfit from 7 years ago and only partially looks similar to the Cardassian uniform primarily seen in DS9. It's also really low res and is not even close to the current STO standards of visual quality. A complete rebuild/redesign is needed.)
    - The goofier original Cardassian uniform with that stupid helmet

As always, any new outfits are always appreciated in any form. C-store, lobi, 2 million dilithium in the dil store, etc. etc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    We still don't have the Romulan Nemesis uniform.
    10326543884_2fc6cd0af1_z.jpg

Hell, in the KDF, most of the things you see faction NPCs use, we can't with our player characters or even BOFFs. All those Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan uniform items, we can't use. At least Fed characters, most of the things you see their NPCs use, it's available to them, minus color palette options.

KDF still doesn't have a great coat like in the TOS-era movies, TNG, etc. KDF NPCs have great coats, but not for the players.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    yep J'mpok's coat would be awesome
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    The pics of Romulan uniforms above all look good. I might use them. I think adding more options of any kind is always a good thing. On the one hand, not everyone will use them. On the other hand, more options may motivate more players to play a given race. (I'll just briefly mention that more playable races and certain ship options I've mentioned elsewhere would also increase the number of people playing the Romulan faction.) I especially like the idea of more Romulan civilian options. One of my Romulan captains, (he's Reman, actually) he and his whole crew wear the mercenary uniforms.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Other
    yep J'mpok's coat would be awesome
    Sadly he's technically wearing it, as in the coat is part of the model itself and not a seperated costume item. While it's not impossible for us to get it, it would mean Cryptic would have to rebuild the item as costume peice (which is probably why we haven't gotten it yet), this might also explain why J'mpok has the body of generic "captain" level NPC, with a unique (I think) head geo, while it's been established in TNG that coat the chancellor wears looks different (grey and black with several medals attached to it, compared to shades of brown and no medals for the generic NPC).

• shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I like that they did make original creations for the romulan republic like some of the civilian outfit options they got. I'd like to see more of that.
    Well, between Awakening putting the spotlight back on the Elachi, and talk about the state of New Romulus (which could be an excuse for a revamp, much like how certain events were in-universe rationale for doing so with ESD and DS9), this would be as good a time as any for the New Romulus rep track to get its long-overdue ground set... which is relevant to this conversation given that this theoretical set would also come with an outfit unlock. Think something in the vein of TF Omega, MACO, or KHG, but with a distinctly Romulan/Reman flair.

They probably won't add a Romulan Ground Set because the New Romulus Reputation doesn't have any Elite Marks to gouge us for.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.